It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Public Schools Now Forcing Students To Use Requested Transgender Pronouns

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

True, everyone here has a viewpoint based on anecdotal experiences. I dont think I'll need much use of the terms because 'male' and 'female' work fine as-is.

This is a place for discussion and debate, I'm merely doing just that.

I think its silly to create gender terms when there is just two sexes, either you realize that or not, making up terms for every shade of a person's phase in life is nit picking.

I'm here to discuss, not just agree with you and spout off about how ignorant this or another group is for not toting the same ideology.

I dont have to agree, and you dont either.

As long as the thread is open, you'll have opposing views.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

originally posted by: Annee

It's not a natural evolution of the language when people are forced, out of fear of repercussions, to employ a set of words uncommon to the lexicon. Language evolution occurs naturally, as words gain popularity. You can't force/legislate it and call that 'evolution of language.'

Like Women's Right to Vote?

Like Civil Rights?

Like the Disability Act?

Like the Fair Housing Act?

It is pathetic that people have to be forced to provide Equal Treatment of a minority.

Maybe they could just volunteer out of the kindness of their heart.

Are you a broken record? You posted the exact same list as another reply to a different question.

In this case, your list is meaningless as a response to what I posted about 'evolution of language.' Try some different words? That actually apply to what I posted?

I don't believe I've mentioned Natural Evolution. That's someone else's shtick.

I stated/implied Equality has to be forced. As history proves.

Yes you did, and I already quoted for you once. Here it is again:

If people would just accept its an evolution of language and try to learn it for evolving themselves

Where did I state Natural Evolution?

Do you dispute that you called forcing people to use words 'evolution of language?' You can split hairs all you want to. I put the word 'natural' in myself as an adjective to emphasize that evolution occurs naturally. It is not forced. Get it?

I swear your debate skills are like my 5 year old niece.

If you want to call it Forced Evolution, feel free.

Is it possible you can converse without attempts at insult?

You do realize the need to constantly attempt to "put people down" shows insecurity and lack of self worth.

edit on 17-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

It's not a natural evolution of the language when people are forced, out of fear of repercussions, to employ a set of words uncommon to the lexicon. Language evolution occurs naturally, as words gain popularity. You can't force/legislate it and call that 'evolution of language.'

Like Civil Rights?

Like the Disability Act?

It is pathetic that people have to be forced to provide Equal Treatment of a minority.

Are you a broken record? You posted the exact same list as another reply to a different question.

In this case, your list is meaningless as a response to what I posted about 'evolution of language.' Try some different words? That actually apply to what I posted?

I don't believe I've mentioned Natural Evolution. That's someone else's shtick.

I stated/implied Equality has to be forced. As history proves.

Yes you did, and I already quoted for you once. Here it is again:

If people would just accept its an evolution of language and try to learn it for evolving themselves

Where did I state Natural Evolution?

Do you dispute that you called forcing people to use words 'evolution of language?' You can split hairs all you want to. I put the word 'natural' in myself as an adjective to emphasize that evolution occurs naturally. It is not forced. Get it?

I swear your debate skills are like my 5 year old niece.

If you want to call it Forced Evolution, feel free.

Is it possible you can converse without attempts at insult?

You do realize the need to constantly attempt to "put people down" shows insecurity and lack of self worth.

I was being dead serious. Insulting you was not my target. Sorry if the truth is hard to hear.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

OK

21 pages later, you still haven't justified the reduction of education levels created by this agenda.

Education is playing 2nd Fiddle to political insurrection.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

OK

21 pages later, you still haven't justified the reduction of education levels created by this agenda.

Education is playing 2nd Fiddle to political insurrection.

I think that's your thinking because you have a problem with it.

Kids pick up things quick. I don't see this as any big deal. Except to those who make it one.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Still avoiding the actual topic like the plague I see.

And still reading minds too.

How do you justify the fact that a child must somehow declare who is "trusted" to oversee their future?

The program states parents have limited input.

Again, they are downplaying the education and family value process.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

How do you justify the fact that a child must somehow declare who is "trusted" to oversee their future?

Why do some say you're avoiding the question when you don't see a problem?

You see a problem. I don't.

But, you keep wanting to badger me to see a problem. And because I don't see a problem I'm avoiding answering the question.

This happens all the time.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

True, everyone here has a viewpoint based on anecdotal experiences. I dont think I'll need much use of the terms because 'male' and 'female' work fine as-is.

This is a place for discussion and debate, I'm merely doing just that.

I think its silly to create gender terms when there is just two sexes, either you realize that or not, making up terms for every shade of a person's phase in life is nit picking.

I'm here to discuss, not just agree with you and spout off about how ignorant this or another group is for not toting the same ideology.

I dont have to agree, and you dont either.

As long as the thread is open, you'll have opposing views.

First, for the millionth time ... sex is not gender.

Second, of course we don't agree.

Third, why do you find it necessary to state the obvious, repeatedly?

Terms "male and female" work fine FOR YOU. You really have no regard for the dignity of others? To the extent that you cannot adjust the use of small words in communication with them?

Okay. Thanks for answering.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I do feel like I could have saved time by Copy and Pasting my own posts, but people keep asking the same questions, and glazing over the answers just to insert their own straw-man.

Personally my stance is simple and neatly defined. I'm also amazed with repetition of it.

Sometimes people question you over, and over and over in hopes of winning by attrition. Some by real exchange.

And some just believe it wrong or right. I hope we are all of this latter group

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

I do feel like I could have saved time by Copy and Pasting my own posts, but people keep asking the same questions, and glazing over the answers just to insert their own straw-man.

Personally my stance is simple and neatly defined. I'm also amazed with repetition of it.

Sometimes people question you over, and over and over in hopes of winning by attrition. Some by real exchange.

And some just believe it wrong or right. I hope we are all of this latter group

I'm not sure what you're on about (really, honestly, no BS).

I asked you if you were willing to use different pronouns for someone at their request in respect of their personal dignity and integrity.

You stated that you wouldn't be willing to do so.

Case closed.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Good grief people.

Stop making up words.

And punishing people that don't use it ?

That's pretty FASCIST.

Seriously in the ENTIRE public education of K through 12. That's MINORS people.

That's KIDS people.

Yeah non issue is an understatement since society doesn't even considering KIDS capable of making their own decisions.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

But, you keep wanting to badger me to see a problem. And because I don't see a problem I'm avoiding answering the question.

It only happens with those who throw on blinders and refuse to consider the bigger picture because it pops the little bubble they've surrounded themselves in.

edit on 17-5-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

It only happens with those who throw on blinders and refuse to consider the bigger picture because it pops the little bubble they've surrounded themselves in.

You mean like folks in an uproar because someone wants to use different pronouns for themselves?

That kind of blinders?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Seriously, I learned through an embarrassment! I had used a pronoun for a man when he was actually a she! Egad! What did I learn...people must excuse individuals who are confused by appearances, but when corrected...it is always best to just accept the new pronoun.

Now, it doesn't mean I can't make an pc error in the future. Honestly, if someone shows me that they have a penis or vagina...and want to be identified else wise, it will be hard for me to recognize that! Don't condemn me, but if you are serious...don't show me in a shower that you are not what you said you were. Get surgery, but wait...seriously, you cannot expect me to believe you if you flaunt an obvious fact of gender in front of me?

So, until the surgery, just use the stalls. If your appearance is feminine or masculine, it will go unnoticed as it really has for centuries!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

The guidelines are dangerously assuming each and every TG Student wants to be labeled.

The public labeling and categorizing would be necessary so all people can accurately identify a TG Student.

Many TGs might not agree to the scrutiny.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

The guidelines are dangerously assuming each and every TG Student wants to be labeled.

The public labeling and categorizing would be necessary so all people can accurately identify a TG Student.

Know that many trans* kids, do ya?

That's really awesome Xuench.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You really believe in their hypothetical?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: new_here

You've had no personal experience with a transgender kid, have you?

This is the exact issue I was mentioning.

Really? A kid knows they are out of place?

This mindset is what will set you back to the stone-age.

NO, absolutely NOT.

Kids do not know they are transgender, because simply put they haven't developed enough mentally or physically to make such determinations. Scientific fact that is by the way.

Yea yea, you will tell me YOU knew, you just did.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Like Civil Rights?

Like the Disability Act?

I'm pretty sure she just copy pasta's it from an approved clipboard. I have been binging on ATS lately and see her trolling and de-railing every single thread she's in with the exact same BS. Are you trans Annee? Do you work for them? Or are you just their greatest success story someone who literally ate every last spoonful and asked for more? Trans type ppl have been around decades, centuries, probably thousands of years. Over 100 women served as men in the Civil War. Did they cry and make them dig them a special latrine? If trans people want to be treated like everyone else then they need to STFU and get on with their lives just like everyone else.
It's never enough for the left. I predicted this about the gay movement Years ago by the way. I'm all for gays having equal rights. I'm all for women having equal rights. It wasn't enough to be equal for women and feminism pressed on and became a monster. It wasn't enough for gays and now they have to sue every single church into letting them married there. Why? Because # you that's why. And now Obama is making an executive order over a non-issue making a new movement that maybe will at first get Trans ppl equal rights and better treatment. But what we're telling you for 21 pages now is that the people pushing these movement have an agenda and will never stop at equal rights. This is about taking away straight rights. This is about breeder shaming. This is about population control. This is about demonizing straight males who have died to protect this country and give you the right to tell us how terrible we are.
edit on 18-5-2016 by LordDraconia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Know that many trans* kids, do ya?

That's really awesome Xuench.

Oh no but Obama must have interviewed every Trans kid in the US before he sent out his Executive Order. FML. Do you even logic?
edit on 18-5-2016 by LordDraconia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join