It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Public Schools Now Forcing Students To Use Requested Transgender Pronouns

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
.... and if they don't, punishments will happen !!

This is in the Chicago Public School System.

They recently established some new "guidelines".

Hmmm

Chicago Public Schools Now Forcing Students To Use Requested Transgender Pronouns Or Face Punishment

Taking a page straight out of George Orwell’s 1984, the Chicago Public School (CPS) system released new guidelines mandating all students and employees to use the pronouns and names requested by the transgender and "gender non-conforming" individuals, or face consequences. Trans and gender non-conforming students may also use the restroom and locker-room of their choice.

The CPS system released two sets of extremely similar guidelines; one for “Adults” and one for “Students.” Both explicitly state that “appropriate consequences” will be divvied out if an individual “intentionally” fails to use the requested pronouns of another individual. Kindly, they gave us examples of “common” pronouns: “’they,’ ‘their,’ ‘ze,’ ‘he’ and ‘she.’”

You MUST Obey

+11 more 
posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I cannot believe how dumb this issue is. I feel like this whole thing has been leading up from the whole Caitlyn Jenner thing, they conditioned us with the constant news of his/her transition and now they're capitalizing on it with this stupid bathroom controversy.

It's all a distraction to keep us occupied, fighting and our attentions averted from real issues. It's sad how people are falling for it. ATS used to go against the MSM, now it is actively pushing their agenda every day.

+19 more 
posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Our educational system is collapsing and this is what government and school districts are concerned with? The use of pronouns isn't why the Chicago public school system, particularly the inner city schools regularly garner such low test scores from their students.

Where's the consequences for Chicago's atrocious teachers?

The left is flushing our society straight down the toilet.

+5 more 
posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Even if you are a staunch supporter of transgender issues, this should be very concerning to any American.

"Resistance is futile....you WILL be assimilated!"----the Borg

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

+12 more 
posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You know what the blistering irony is don't you?

The school systems stress education, yet the Obama Administration is stressing compliance and punishment before education.

Who are the crazy ones now?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

We've had some guidelines like this in my country for a while. Nothing melted and exploded.

It rarely comes up. Sometimes people get things wrong. No on cares. It's pretty much there because some people think it's appropriate to use meeting a complete stranger to broadcast their socio-political views. I.E ... I'm going to call 'Jim' 'Jill' because I'm oh-so-edgy and don't want to let someone's personal autonomy to get in the way of my smash mouth political stylings.

Inevitably these people are generally inexperienced with life but that's in the tiny tiny tiny sample size of the few times I've witnessed this.

That said, where I'm from doctors have to be involve. No idea what Americans do.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

I will comply.

But only after the Ministry of re-Education offers classes.

I know for sure next semester's civics class will not be addressing corruption in government.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Our educational system is collapsing and this is what government and school districts are concerned with? The use of pronouns isn't why the Chicago public school system, particularly the inner city schools regularly garner such low test scores from their students.

Where's the consequences for Chicago's atrocious teachers?

The left is flushing our society straight down the toilet.

Not that the ISAT is a good thing to judge how our educational system is working, but out of 96 high schools in in Chicago, only 11 of them are above the 60 percentile on the ISAT.

2014 Illinois school report cards

If a student calls anyone a MF'er or many of the other ones you can think of and they most likely get away with it in Chicago, but now they will be punished for using the wrong gender pronoun?

Hell, it's official, I am now ranking the movie "Idiocracy" right up there with "1984" and "A Brave New World"!

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

If you honestly think the Obama Administration has a different agenda compared to the Administrations that came before it or will come after it then I would have to say you've bought into their propaganda.

Obama is the scapegoat, he doesn't make the decisions anymore than you or me do.

+10 more 
posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Sounds like the Political Correction trainwreck just arrived in Chicago with a delivery of hurt feelings and I'm jumping onboard so from now on, everyone is to refer to me as ze the 3rd, emperor of atoms.

WTF is ze?
edit on 15-5-2016 by Sublimecraft because: ze? is that even a word??

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Weak deflection to the immediate topic and issues.

Obama is going hog wild ever since that N. Carolina thing.

He could lose this in court.

That's why we see the sudden onslaught of knees hitting jaws.

+2 more 
posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

In school districts, at least some Chicago inner city ones where they need metal detectors because of gang violence on campus and the threat of stabbings, where a moderate percentage celebrate and participate in the gang life style, where math, science, English testing scores are atrocious, where the majority come from broken homes and broken families, the idea anyone is going to pay attention to the use of pronouns around the transgendered is ludicrous on all levels, as is the idea this deserves any time or attention above the far more pressing issues.

But that's liberalism for you. Can't confront the other issues as someone will get offended or politicians will lose support/votes.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Sounds like the Political Correction trainwreck just arrived in Chicago with a delivery of hurt feelings and I'm jumping onboard so from now on, everyone is to refer to me as ze the 3rd, emperor of atoms.

WTF is ze?

I believe ZE is the pronoun to refer to a person of ANY gender without offending them? I could be wrong.

I was thinking though. Have you ever seen a smoking hot chic with long hair and nice booty from the back? I guess if you went up and said, "Excuse me ZE", and ZE turned around and ZE was actually a dude, it would save you and ZE from being like totally embarrassed?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Obama? Lol. More like the ones who give him his orders. I see your buying into the scapegoat.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
"ze" has many meanings in many languages.

ze

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

It's all Obama this time.

TPTB give latitude and leeway occasionally.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Oh, and the school can’t inform Johnny’s parents about his new “identity” without the “student’s permission.” “[W]hen speaking with other staff members, parents, guardians, or third parties, school staff should not disclose a student’s preferred name, pronoun, or other confidential information pertaining to the student’s transgender or gender nonconforming status without the student’s permission, unless authorized to do so by the Law Department,” read the guidelines.

Wow. Man they are really opening up a can of worms here. Are the teachers and staff supposed to consult a spread sheet before speaking with anyone's parents?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I don't feel so bad about accommodating to other people's feelings, but the worst part of this mess is the slow deterioration of a once supple and beautiful language for something that serves no great purpose.
edit on 15-5-2016 by TheTory because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Ze have vays of making you komply

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join