It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Public Schools Now Forcing Students To Use Requested Transgender Pronouns

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: Annee

If youre on the frontier of social boundaries, youre going to run into opposition.

If youve got the brass to take on the school system and change everyone's minds(even locally), then be prepared to be put in the spotlight. Something this volatile of a subject, they didnt expect news to cover it?

POTUS made it an issue by lawfully imposing these "freedom rules" as well.

The Constitution made it an issue.

Obama supported: U.S. Departments of Justice and Education Release Joint Guidance to Help Schools Ensure the Civil Rights of Transgender Students

Do those fighting for Civil Rights, Equal Treatment use the media? Of course.

But, if there is no issue, there is no need.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Those evolved naturally over untold years, may I ask what you consider a reasonable timeline to straighten out your native language?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Those evolved naturally over untold years, may I ask what you consider a reasonable timeline to straighten out your native language?

If people would just accept its an evolution of language and try to learn it for evolving themselves and for politeness/respect of those who consider themselves gender neutral - - it shouldn't take that long.

But, there's always those who "dig in their heels" and object change - - - any kind of change.

Women's Right to Vote, had to be forced.

Civil Rights, race equality had to be forced.

Marriage Equality had to be forced.

These are all about everyone being treated equally. None of them should have had to be forced.

I will do my part to evolve this language.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

What's the real problem for you with referring to others with their chosen pronouns?

How often do you think this will be an issue for you?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
well it is barry's home state so it stands to reason they would enact his stupid crap but really how many transgendered students in whole of chicago 2 maybe 3 no more than 10 at most. what he needs to do is concentrate on real problems not made up crap

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger
Yes thanks that is what I meant and it is likely to some degree part of the totalitarian one worls government. Funny how certain people whine and complain about how fascist conservatives are but then we have progressives doing exactly what they accuse their opponents of doing because social justice warriors for the Left just know that what they demand is right for all of society.
It's similar to the whole "waiting person" syndrome at restaurants because feminists didn't want to be called "waitress" only with force of law and punishments. That's where the Orwellian thing comes into play

edit on 17-5-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
a reply to: xuenchen
well it is barry's home state so it stands to reason they would enact his stupid crap but really how many transgendered students in whole of chicago 2 maybe 3 no more than 10 at most. what he needs to do is concentrate on real problems not made up crap
Haha that's going to be his legacy right after the worst draconian legislation since the patriot act.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
. . . because social justice warriors for the Left just know that what they demand is right for all of society.

Constitution - - Bill of Rights.

1 = Equal Treatment - - - same as Majority.

Yes, the Right - - mostly Fundies (not conservatives - conservative is good) love to claim the left tramples on the Constitution.

Facts are hard to live with.

edit on 17-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Oh yah Annie the constitution requires us to use specific pronouns or be punished ok then I want to be referred to as a feline so the state should punish all who dare not to refer to me as that and schools should have their funding yanked if all the kids don't respect that.....it's too bad they refuse to give unborn children the right to life in fact that really shows the priorities of society we demand you call us by our pronouns and sack you if you don't but we refuse to give the unborn a right to live. Yep I got it now

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

If people would just accept its an evolution of language and try to learn it for evolving themselves

It's not a natural evolution of the language when people are forced, out of fear of repercussions, to employ a set of words of uncommon to lexicon. Language evolution occurs naturally, as words gain popularity. You can't force/legislate it and call that 'evolution of language.'

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

If people would just accept its an evolution of language and try to learn it for evolving themselves

It's not a natural evolution of the language when people are forced, out of fear of repercussions, to employ a set of words uncommon to the lexicon. Language evolution occurs naturally, as words gain popularity. You can't force/legislate it and call that 'evolution of language.'
edit on 5/17/2016 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Oh yah Annie the constitution requires us to use specific pronouns or be punished ok then I want to be referred to as a feline so the state should punish all who dare not to refer to me as that and schools should have their funding yanked if all the kids don't respect that.....it's too bad they refuse to give unborn children the right to life in fact that really shows the priorities of society we demand you call us by our pronouns and sack you if you don't but we refuse to give the unborn a right to live. Yep I got it now

I enjoy evolving, evolving a language, learning and implementing something new.

I find it interesting those who consider it punishment.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

It's not a natural evolution of the language when people are forced, out of fear of repercussions, to employ a set of words uncommon to the lexicon. Language evolution occurs naturally, as words gain popularity. You can't force/legislate it and call that 'evolution of language.'

Like Women's Right to Vote?

Like Civil Rights?

Like the Disability Act?

Like the Fair Housing Act?

It is pathetic that people have to be forced to provide Equal Treatment of a minority.

Maybe they could just volunteer out of the kindness of their heart.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Like Civil Rights?

Like the Disability Act?

It is pathetic that people have to be forced to provide Equal Treatment of a minority.

Are you a broken record? You posted the exact same list as another reply to a different question.

In this case, your list is meaningless as a response to what I posted about 'evolution of language.' Try some different words? That actually apply to what I posted?
edit on 5/17/2016 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
WTF
LOL
ROTFL
BRB
GTFO
NSFW
TL;DR:
LULZ
IRL
FACEPALM
DAFUQ
FWIW
IMHO
IANAL
BLOG
SPYWARE
YOLO
YMMV

Yeah, language never changes and it is too hard to learn new things.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Like Civil Rights?

Like the Disability Act?

Are you a broken record? You posted the exact same list as another reply to a different question.

In this case, your list is meaningless as a response to what I posted about 'evolution of language.' Try some different words? That actually apply to what I posted?

I don't believe I've mentioned Natural Evolution. That's someone else's shtick.

I stated/implied Equality has to be forced. As history proves.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija
WTF
LOL
ROTFL
BRB
GTFO
NSFW
TL;DR:
LULZ
IRL
FACEPALM
DAFUQ
FWIW
IMHO
IANAL
BLOG
SPYWARE
YOLO
YMMV

Yeah, language never changes and it is too hard to learn new things.

No one is disputing that language evolves. But forcing/legislating language is NOT the definition of language evolving. NONE of those acronymns/words you listed were legislated into being. They became part of the lexicon as they gained popularity. That is the natural way of things, in terms of language.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Like Civil Rights?

Like the Disability Act?

Yes you did, and I already quoted for you once. Here it is again:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Like Civil Rights?

Like the Disability Act?

Where did I state Natural Evolution?

This is the statement you are stating I said Natural Evolution?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Like Civil Rights?

Like the Disability Act?

Where did I state Natural Evolution?

Do you dispute that you called forcing people to use words 'evolution of language?' You can split hairs all you want to. I put the word 'natural' in myself as an adjective to emphasize that evolution occurs naturally. It is not forced. Get it?

I swear your debate skills are like my 5 year old niece.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join