It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Announces He is no Longer Self-Funding his Campaign

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Paying for someone to rule you... Royal families do that.

lol great Republic you got there.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

By the time it comes down to just 2 candidates, and those candidates start spending money like it’s their job (in a way it is their job), we will see that number skyrocket. Many believe that the campaign in 2016 will double, triple, or even quadruple the spending in 2012.

Most estimates show that the election in 2016 will cost at least $3 billion; many believe it will cost $5 billion; and some even put the number as high as $10 billion.

Who Exactly are the People making these Estimates ? They are not mentioned in the Article . " Many Believe " ? Who are the Many ? Talk about a " What If " Read............

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

So he lied to all of us.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I can hear them now...

"He's a shrewd businessman, he's just taking advantage blah blah yada yada BS BS BS"

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Yes, Trump has been saying for a long time that if he became the nominee he would accept donations. He said it more often when he came closer to the nomination becoming a real possibility. I heard him say it in many interviews.

This is why, as Trump has said:

Whoever the nominee, the Republican National Committee would play a prominent role in providing ground troops and a data operation to support the GOP candidate.
Traditionally, the nominee creates a joint fundraising account with the RNC, which allows the candidate to simultaneously raise money for their own campaign, the national party and select state parties.

He has said he needs to raise money for the party, as it takes billions to run a general election.

I doubt he will let that turn into any kind of control over him. He is not the kind of man to accept that. He is strong enough to stand up to anyone who tries to hold it over him.

He deserves to be proud of what he has already accomplished.

www.cnn.com...

edit on 5/5/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

He never lied. He never said he would be able to continue self-funding through the general election.

The donations raised for a general election are used for the party and for the campaigns of not only president, but other races as well. The party foots much of the bill for the presidential campaign. This is because he is representing the party.

If he did not do that, he would be getting off to a very bad start with unifying the GOP, as it would hurt the whole party.

It is very different than a primary campaign, where the individual is on his own.

How is this so hard for people to understand?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I just posted proof. He said he was totally self-funding his campaign.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

"His" campaign.

A primary campaign is "his" campaign. In the primary he is running on his own behalf, on his own.

At the point he accepts the nomination of the Republican Party, it is no longer "him". He is now the Republican Candidate.

The party runs the next campaign. They will do the groundwork, advertising, etc.

The donations not only pay the party for this campaign, they are also used to fund the campaign of Senate, Congress, and other candidates. The presidential race is their big fund raiser.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Fine. Fair enough.

Your anti-establishment icon just became establishment and became beholden to the party and their donors.

All of you got trolled.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Everyone knew he was running as Republican. Of course the next step is becoming the Republican candidate.

There was never any doubt about that part.

If anyone thought he was running as some kind of Independent, then they were not paying attention.

That does not make him a hard and fast establishment. He still has original ideas and will be willing to battle to get things done.

Nothing has changed.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I just posted proof. He said he was totally self-funding his campaign.

The Primary campaigns are different from the post-nomination campaigns.

chop-shop knee-jerk impulsive-compulsive syndrome

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Whatever you have to tell yourself is fine with me.

He has become exactly that which he claimed to be against.

And now his supporters will flip-flop right along with him.

No consistency. No integrity.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Trump will have the biggest FOR SALE sign up than anyone ever did.

We all knew this was coming

Next will be a parade of the mainstream usual whores we see in politics going around him, such as Chris Christie (of Bridgegate infamy) has already done.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

And I bet Trump will be returning some donations from lobby/special interests.

Watch and see.

It will be a great campaign slogan to bern Hillary.

edit on May-05-2016 by xuenchen because: klobber-knocked

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

ummm. What did you think was going to happen? He was running as Republican. Did you think that he was going to suddenly stop being Republican when he gained the nomination?

What did you think would happen if Bernie won? Would he suddenly stop being Democrat?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That would be smart!
I hope he thinks of that

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Watch and see.

I thought the party now controls the campaign funds. It's no longer "his campaign".

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

ummm. What did you think was going to happen? He was running as Republican. Did you think that he was going to suddenly stop being Republican when he gained the nomination?

What did you think would happen if Bernie won? Would he suddenly stop being Democrat?

You're right.

He was establishment all along.

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Watch and see.

Are you being facetious?

Or you really think Trump would do that

link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: Indigo5

Yes, Trump has been saying for a long time that if he became the nominee he would accept donations.

You are the second person who has claimed this without any links, quotes or support for the claim?

If he "has been saying for a long time that if he became the nominee he would accept donations"

Then a simple link or quote of the same from a "long time" ago should suffice?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join