It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexicans don't like Americans ok...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: MOMof3

Texans took Texas for themselves.

There would be no Texas without the bravery and sacrifice of Mexicans who helped us fight for independence. The assistance of Mexican rebels is sadly overlooked in our history lessons.

What are you doing?? trying to get yourself labelled as part of the P.C or revisionist crowd??
The short answer to your question is "no." The land that is now Texas used to be Mexican territory. A lot of Mexicans helped beat Santa Ana back across the Rio Grande.

I understand but to advocate for including that in a text book in a meaning full way is a good start for getting yourself labeled.
edit on 25-2-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I don't hate that guy...HE'S FUNNY.
These little exchanges are FUN for me.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

You don't get it do you? America will be 30% Latino by 2043 blacks and whites are not growing, and soon baby boomers will start dieing en mass, they will be replaced by Latinos, so really learn the language of estados unidos

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

In fact, as a blond haired gringo I am much more comfortable around the latin population.

I can see that, given your significant other.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Oh well, sounds like they are just joining the rest of the world in their thinking....

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Spider879

Actually if presented by Billary or Trump I will vote for Trump and that is my honest opinion.

Am no great fan of the Billary either but I can't do Trump, and Billary ahh geez perhaps I'll throw away my vote on one of the Green party people.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

a reply to: Spider879

Do you speak Spanish, because if you don't you are missing that video whole point.

I get it a friend explained it to me , the little that I know are merely cuss words.
edit on 25-2-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation
a reply to: daaskapital

That is because it was not seized, it was legally purchased through a Treaty. People can try to rewrite history, but the facts are the facts. Deny ignorance my friend. ~$heopleNation

I don't know about you, but i took that guy's post as a light-hearted jab at Americans. Nothing too serious. The same can't be said for many here though... lighten up.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

I'll be dead by then WHO CARES?
We already HAVE a Mexico ,what do we need another one like it for?

edit on 25-2-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I like the bravado of Americans, so movie like, so empty and meaningless in the end.

Darn you really hate Americans, don't you

Not at all, as a matter of fact I'm planing to move there with my wife, that as you know those Latinas love to pop babies, and I'm planing to take a job that otherwise would have gone to an American (understand that when I say American I really mean a white)

The 6 or 7 kids I will have will feel at home in there, after all America will be the country with most Spanish speaking population by 2050

edit on 25-2-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
ASSUMING you aren't arrested or killed by one of our cops,Come to Colorado,
Our weed TOTALLY beats yours THERE as well...
You guys don't have SQUAT ,WHY is that?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I've heard a saying and it certainly fits here. "We didn't cross the border, the border crossed us." Here we have a people that have been in what is now the US since before the Spanish, or at least crossing back and forth for centuries and some people come along like Conan the Destroyer, and as one member said conquered the territory (as if that makes it right) and then put this border up. Now some ijits want a wall to boot. Whatever.
edit on 25-2-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Change reality if it hurts your feelings, I didn't make the damn thing.
And Conan was ONE guy YOU are talking about the entire Cimmerian tribal gathering.
I would have gone with MONGOLIANs or just the same old nazi jab ,either way I don't share your 'SENSITIVE" nature in these regards,I HAD to cover you.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
do mexicans like canadians?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: theboarman

Yeah they are polite and don't discriminate

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
WHY ARE THEY HERE ? I GENERALLY DONT MOVE TO PLACES WHERE I DONT LIKE PEOPLE, TOO BAD I CANT SAY THAT FOR SOME RELIGIOUS NUTBAGS AND SOME OTHER NATIONALITIES THAT COME HERE BUT HATE US....GO HOME IF YOU DONT LIKE US.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

What a bunch of garbage. All and I mean all of those territories had native populations many of whom still exist, on tribal lands all over those territories now known as Western states, and NONE OF THEM WERE MEXICANS. in point of fact many friends of mine who are native new mexicans in the state of new Mexico trace thier heritage back to spain, have land grants that are in effect today, and we're settlers who moved north from Mexico City hundreds of years ago and we're not mexicans. Mexico was a launching point for them to move north to thier real destination in the northern frontiers. Like Sante fe. Mexicans and the amalgam of native and Spanish people's who are thier ancestors were not kicked out nor were they part of those states, it's horse manure to say they are "coming back" since thier ancestors were never from those southwestern states any more than the Louisiana purchase territories were french so all of the Indians in those states were french and somehow french speakers from around the globe have a claim on "moving back".

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: rumcrook

What a bunch of garbage. All and I mean all of those territories had native populations many of whom still exist, on tribal lands all over those territories now known as Western states, and NONE OF THEM WERE MEXICANS. in point of fact many friends of mine who are native new mexicans in the state of new Mexico trace thier heritage back to spain, have land grants that are in effect today, and we're settlers who moved north from Mexico City hundreds of years ago and we're not mexicans. Mexico was a launching point for them to move north to thier real destination in the northern frontiers. Like Sante fe. Mexicans and the amalgam of native and Spanish people's who are thier ancestors were not kicked out nor were they part of those states, it's horse manure to say they are "coming back" since thier ancestors were never from those southwestern states any more than the Louisiana purchase territories were french so all of the Indians in those states were french and somehow french speakers from around the globe have a claim on "moving back".

I donno man it more complex than that, because for the most part Mexicans are a very blended people today, and I would guess folks are free to explore each part of their Id for even if they are a largely blended folks that still doesn't exclude them ancestral claims if even symbolically, it would be a rare thing if your friends have no Native ancestors after 500 yrs.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: rumcrook

It's amazing how you people like to change history, mexico gained independence from Spain in 1820, all from California to Texas was Mexican territory, they sent settlers but Anglo settlers quickly populated Texas and outnumber The Mexicans. Texas declared independence and in 1848 with a US army in the heart of Mexico the rulers were forced to give the rest of the territory that now is California new Mexico and so on.

For 28 years it was Mexico, mexicans fought and died to claim that territory from Spain so they had the same claim as American had to what was America after the independence.

Yes they got some millions for some part of the land, at gun point

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndigentAmerica will be the country with most Spanish speaking population by 2050

With charm like that, you must think it's still 2006 not 2016. What you forgot to think about was the "If present trends continue" condition that was missing at the end of your statement.

Look around you. Present trends are not continuing. They won't/can't/aren't. Haven't you noticed? This is a time of change, not a time of stability. It's getting harder and harder to predict things about the future because there are so many crucial, unanswerable questions right now about how things will be structured in the future in a wide variety of areas. So no, this is not a time when you can just draw a straight line on a graph to make easy predictions about the future.

Soon there won't be any low skilled jobs left for illegal immigrants:

In 5-10 years, most of the produce in the US will be picked by drones. Crop by crop, corporate agriculture is automating this work as fast as they can. It even improves yields by reducing waste in various ways, and more product to market means more profit.

Automated construction will eliminate many construction jobs; even at the home-improvement level, what used to be a crew of 5-10 will be a crew of 2 with automated assistance. Jobs at big sites will be among the first to dwindle, but how long before a small robot is putting down tile on floors and walls?

If the 'war on cash' is successful and cash is soon eliminated in favor of digital currency, there will be no way to pay workers who are legally ineligible for work for whatever reason, and certainly none which allow employers to dodge taxes, labor laws, local permits and fees, etc.

At the political level, as work gets more and more scarce(mostly because of automation rather than global trade), support for shutting out illegal immigrants from jobs and government benefits is sure to become more and more popular. Every time citizens are told they will have to make due with less it is a certainty that support for extending benefits and legal status to illegal immigrants will decrease.

Deporting people costs money, but so does living; meaning many will just have no option but to pack up and go back home or go somewhere else while they still have a roll of cash to spend. They'll be looking for other places to travel to and work; they'll have to look further afield, with possibilities including Africa and some of the wealthy countries in the Middle East. The ones that stay are at risk of ending up stuck here without work or legal status, and I would imagine the country will just get more and more hostile to them, barring the unexpected arrival of some economic miracle of 'plenty for all.'

Those who wanted legal reform to normalize the status of the illegal immigrants to the US of the past few decades (i.e. since after the previous amnesty under Reagan) are realizing now that they have all but missed their chance. The window for reform was at its most open in the late 90s/early 2000s, before globalization and automation tag-teamed to wreck the US economy. After the crash in 2008, it will never be popular again, and will only get less popular over time. Obama's half-heated efforts came too little too late; the courts are taking them apart, and there is no political will to do anything like that again.

Even if Trump and Bernie both lost this time around, it's clear the tide has already gone out on this; we're already past the point where popular opinion has shifted against generous reforms towards self and community preservation. Politicians will not be kissing up to illegal immigrants as future legal voters anymore because its clear they never will be legalized/normalized/etc if public opinion has anything to say about it.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join