It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do Muslims In America Believe? Here's the Breakdown...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: FlySolo
Mohammad wasn't a god or son of god. Just a man, like Jesus.

Mohammed is not the God of Islam, Allah is.

Ya, but he did fly to heaven on a winged horse. That's a lot easier to believe than a guy walking on water.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Trump has called the bigots from their fox holes

Ignited and made acceptable bigotry

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Ya, but he did fly to heaven on a winged horse. That's a lot easier to believe than a guy walking on water.

I find both equally unbelievable.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
Serious question for Muslims or hell all religions.. You have a gun to your head and have 2 choices denounce Islam and your Prophet or Kill someone because they dont believe your religion.. Choose 1 or death.

I would be denouncing god in a second..

I would not denounce Jesus. Neither would I kill someone in His name.

And yes, I would choose death before denouncing my Faith in Jesus.

But you wouldn't really have to denounce your faith. you could just tell the madman who's pointing a gun at your head that you are. But you can lie to that person and its ok because they are a bloodthirsty psychopathic homicidal maniac.

But than again he might just shoot you anyway because maybe it was "a test" to see if you have integrity in your beliefs... Or maybe its Not a test... So I choose option D) try to wrestle the gun away from him and either succeed or die fighting.

But what if you get the gun away from him, pull the trigger, and a little stick comes out of the end of the barrel with a sign attached that unrolls once the stick is fully extended, revealing the following message....

"It was test"

But then... who was phone!?!?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: charliespiers
Lol!! And what would you and your muslim brethren say?

Are you insinuating these polls are fake because you weren't asked?

Lolol!!
edit on 9-12-2015 by Anosognosia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

"Who was phone"...

Bravo for that reference.

edit on 9-12-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Hi Muslim here !

I would like to put my 2 cents in . all the years I have been Muslim I have never met another Muslim who acts in accordance with these statistics. I have only ever witnessed such talk from videos of extremist rambling about Shria this Shria that.

Here is some more Fact . Its common knowlege that Shria law shall not be established in non Muslim lands . it's not permissible. And it directly contradicts Shria rulings if Muslims try to push for it.

I'll say it again .. Because I like repeating my self everyday on ATS *rolls eyes* ... If Muslims want to live by Shria they need to make hijrah( migrate) to lands that support it.

Other wide we are to live by the laws of the land we reside in .

I tell you this in full truth as a student of Figh ( islamic law) this is 100% accurate.

I have to disagree with that study OP. When i have more time I'll look into it .

Kap.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Glad you have met and can speak for billiions of muslims bro!!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
Hi Muslim here !

I would like to put my 2 cents in . all the years I have been Muslim I have never met another Muslim who acts in accordance with these statistics. I have only ever witnessed such talk from videos of extremist rambling about Shria this Shria that.

Here is some more Fact . Its common knowlege that Shria law shall not be established in non Muslim lands . it's not permissible. And it directly contradicts Shria rulings if Muslims try to push for it.

I'll say it again .. Because I like repeating my self everyday on ATS *rolls eyes* ... If Muslims want to live by Shria they need to make hijrah( migrate) to lands that support it.

I tell you this in full truth as a student of Figh ( islamic law) this is 100% accurate.

I have to disagree with that study OP. When i have more time I'll look into it .

Kap.

Tell that to the many muslims here in denmark who are gathering in something called Hizb ut-Tahrir, they are sunni's who want to make sharia possible in denmark. maybe you just dont know any sunni's. But i guess that your argument will be that they are wrong muslims and you are the right one, afterall that's what you guy's fight wars over all the time.
Religion is so beautyful right?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I know this is a thread about US Muslims, but since you mentioned the UK at the end of the OP - as did Trump in his proposal for state-sponsored lunacy - I thought it would be okay to hand in my two coppers.

How is Britain doing with its Muslim population?

At the moment, I (and likely most Muslim Londoners) am more concerned about TfL cutting train services in half at peak times. Despite the fact that I'm shelling out an effing £10 a day for travel, I usually find myself and a hundred other commuters packed into these meagre excuses for carriages like vienna sausages on sale. Like wtf?

But seriously... these polls are odd. None of the Muslim people I know (family, friends, old co-workers etc.) have ever expressed solidarity with the perpetrators of these atrocities. They love their country as much as I do: it allows all 60 odd million of us to be miserable together in (relative) peace.

Well, except for those who read the Daily Express. I have a sneaky suspicion that it's where Trump might be getting his UK source material...

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

The most disturbing thing is that this information has been readily available for a while, and no one seems to care. Well, at least no "progressives." Our president simply refuses to acknowledge it. Instead, a couple of terrorists in CA is the result of a gun problem??!?!? It's absolutely baffling that years of planning an act of terror in a state that has among the strictest firearms regulations has gun control as the issue our executive leadership is most concerned about. The only reason Trump has a legitimate shot at the presidency is because of the absolute ineptitude of the current administration.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

What does your statement even mean? The Muslims you know don't run around yelling and wearing war paint? Have you ever asked them any of the questions in the poll, or do you just assume that because they seem normal that they have pretty much the same opinion as you? Not that it matters. Anecdotes are not evidence of anything. Since you fail to show any understanding of that, pretty much everything you say has no value to anyone capable of critical thinking.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
Hi Muslim here !

Kap.

Lets consider a hypothetical situation, with the undertsanding that not ALL of you muslims want violence, but a significant number do. That leads the government to take a drastic step of banning you all, or giving you a choice of giving up aspects of your ideology that are violent and against American belief structure.

If you or your muslim friends were faced with this situation, to give up the violent aspects of your islamic ideology, as outlined in your koran, for the safety of the American homeland, which would you choose?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: junglimogli

If you or your muslim friends were faced with this situation, to give up the violent aspects of your islamic ideology, as outlined in your koran, for the safety of the American homeland, which would you choose?

I'm pretty sure they've already given up the violent aspects of their Islamic ideology since they aren't violent... Talk about a false equivocation...

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I'm pretty sure they've already given up the violent aspects of their Islamic ideology since they aren't violent... Talk about a false equivocation...

Love your avatar btw, but I'm pretty sure they haven't given those up, based on everything going on today.
It's a fair question, that boils down to patriotism, and eventual safety of the nation due to their actions.
The question needs to be answered, not dismissed.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Love your avatar btw, but I'm pretty sure they haven't given those up, based on everything going on today.

It's a fair question, that boils down to patriotism, and eventual safety of the nation due to their actions.
The question needs to be answered, not dismissed.

They is a very vague word. They in this case means two different demographics of Muslims. One of which are the extremists (who exist in every religion) and the other they is all muslims. You are trying to use them interchangeably here.
edit on 9-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This is what it comes down to....

For those muslims who claim the terrorists are not "real" muslims, it doesn't matter. Those who are carrying out these violent acts are muslims following their interpretation of the religion. They don't care that you disagree, they would kill you just as quick as a non believer. And, it's quite obvious by what's been going on, there are a whole lot of them.

So, let's break this down. Forget the stats above for a second and let's make it simple.

I've seen it stated in various places that between 10 and 15 percent of muslims can be considered "radical" or sympathetic to the radicals. The sympathizers won't outright kill you, but if they hear of a plot they'll keep quiet bout it or provide some sort of cover for those who will.

There are about 1.6 billion muslims worldwide. This means we have, approximately, 160,000,000 to 240,000,000 radicals and/or sympathizers. This is not a "handful" of bad apples, it is a population greater than most countries on earth. Stating that you don't know any doesn't negate that they exist. I've never seen the grand canyon in person with my own two eyes, but I'm pretty sure it exists.

So, what do you do when 100,000,000 people decide they are going to spread out and kill anyone not like them?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Primordial

For those muslims who claim the terrorists are not "real" muslims, it doesn't matter.

I think it does matter ... and we should have respect for all who wish to co exist in peace.

Those who are carrying out these violent acts are muslims following their interpretation of the religion.

Those who carry acts of violence are a very small minority of Muslims

I've seen it stated in various places that between 10 and 15 percent of muslims can be considered "radical" or sympathetic to the radicals.

And how many of the 10 to 15 per cent that you have heard by heresay ...do actually carry out acts of violence

The sympathizers won't outright kill you, but if they hear of a plot they'll keep quiet bout it or provide some sort of cover for those who will.

Assumptions, gossip and rumours plague the Human Race ...
Any "sympathiser" who aids in the plotting of murder is also answerable by law.

I could keep answering you point for point
But I see a closed mind, a mind already up

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

WELCOME to the jungle after BLM what in hell did you expect?
I only want to target badguys but the good guys are in the way .
I'm hoping ISLAM cleans up the mess before the west does more work...OH WAIT we are sending more troops ,too late.
edit on 10-12-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
You have a good point there...and most of those percentages are common knowledge to anyone with an open mind willing to hear the truth and not pretend this is a peaceful religion and lifestyle.

But maybe we should take a different stance. Maybe we should give all the liberals what they want...hundreds of thousands of Muslims in our country. Give them secret mosques, give them their laws. Let them throw homosexuals off buildings. You thought not baking them a cake was mean? Let them restrict women from, well, everything. Isn't that why they burned their bras, protested and fought for their rights to vote, work, fairness? Let the Muslims parade down the street with baseball bats "correcting" women that show some skin, chase and kill gays, rape children (girls are for making babies...boys are for sex as they say). Why not give all these brain-dead liberals what they want?

Well...we can't. Because it would be near impossible to clean it all up. But damn that would be fun to watch...wouldn't it?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join