It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIZARRE: Media allowed into CA terrorists’ apt; FBI and Police says investigation wasn’t

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If the crime was actually committed there, especially homicides, then it would be very different. For a small apartment like that and not being the actual scene of the crime, obviously still important though, I am sure they are confidant to open it up. This is also, I am assuming since i did not follow this much, the FBI investigating so they follow certain standards and procedure, although similar to a large, high crime department does. Just saying that it is not unbelievable they are done there.
edit on 4-12-2015 by Harvin because: Editing

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Harvin

Crimes were committed there! Several...

As other posters have said, what about the passports and other Id's left behind?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

I wonder if they took finger prints first?

Why would they, they have their own supply to place in the right places in case no good prints can be lifted.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
If I were one of those cops I'd stand at the door and charge admission.

Our country is ####ed up! Even most of the people are just idiots.

I'm not even gonna pay attention anymore.

Just makes me wanna vomit anyway.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: Harvin
Probably because there is nothing left there that has not already been investigated and all the usable evidence already taken or examined. People here are comparing this scene to an actual crimes scene. While this apartment was part of the investigation, the actual crime was not committed here so collecting evidence in this example can go very quickly and the investigation goes further than this apartment. HTH

I disagree. Oftentimes a detective will go back because he feels like he's "missing something". Those reporters should not have been allowed to trample around the apartment so soon after the attack.

Probably because there is nothing to trample on and things were removed. Main thing is they know what to look for.

originally posted by: KawRider9

Crimes were committed there! Several...

As other posters have said, what about the passports and other Id's left behind?

I cannot comment on things left out for the media but easy enough to check them out and it is not like the press is going to steal them.Thing about the crimes there is that this is a small apartment so they were limited to a few rooms.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
A bit of weirdness. Muslims don't use CHRISTIAN CALENDARS...especially devout Muslims.

Just thought I'd throw that out there....

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I thought this was weird when I saw it earlier on skynews and I'm with most others on this. It is very strange to be allowing anyone in to a house related to a crime scene so soon after the incident! Either CSI got all they needed or i dunno.. its weird for sure. There were supposed to be guns, ammo and home-made bombs in there only 2 days ago.
edit on CSTFri, 04 Dec 2015 16:32:04 -06000000003104x004x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: Adding Text

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Saw this on Austin American Statesman's facebook page just now-

Link to Hasan's apt images

Edit to add - It's not clear the time-frame of when the press was allowed in Hasan's after the Ft Hood "workplace violence" shooting. From what I can tell, the Ft Hood photos are from 11.11.09 and the shooting was on 11.5.09. So 6 days vs. 2.
edit on 4-12-2015 by raedar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Yea just like the fort hood incident. Stupid of them to use that as a example.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Everyone in that apartment should be arrested for tampering of a crime seen and obstruction of justice.

The media are maggots and reporters typically have the mental capacity of a 3 year old.

smdh

edit on 4-12-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

It's not bizarre when your goal is to sensationalize and create a false narrative.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This is incredible. Given the severity of the crime that this couple allegedly committed, especially the terrorist angle now being pursued by the FBI, I don't see how they could possibly be finished with this crime scene.

I would have expected that there would be nothing left in the apartment. No clothing, no furnishings, no pots and pans, no food, nothing. And especially not a US Government issued ID of any kind! Anything that could possibly provide even the most minimal clue at a later date should have been retained.

Here's what gets me: If this couple had been caught with a pound of Marijuana, their apartment would have been off-limits for weeks as the FBI and DEA scoured every square millimeter of the place for clues about who they may have gotten it from and who may have been there smoking it with them.

Generally I'm not big on conspiracy theories, but I'm not buying this. This is gross incompetence at least, and treason at worst.

-dex

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
i was thinking this when I seen a few reporters in the house routing around in the closet. Picking up gun cleaner and bb's

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
It's always nice to see the National Press act with as much restraint as the Mobs in MD and MO. I'm surprised they didn't take belongings out with them then torch the place.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Wasn't the paper shreader bin full also? The media is left to put that puzzle together now.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

There are things only known to investigators and sometimes the press never knows some details even long after the crime has occurred. To be honest, crime scene investigators are not too interested in the media so anything in that apartment was gone over top to bottom. Thing here is that this was pretty much routine afa the apartment goes.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Double. I think if you hit the post button a few times (due to a slow or intermittent connection) it comes up as double or triple.
edit on 4-12-2015 by Harvin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
There's no way the investigation could have completed in this space and left legal credentials behind like DL's and passports. Every shred of identification would have been confiscated and thoroughly forensically examined at a lab.

Just a passport for example, there's no way investigators would leave this critical piece of evidence behind! This would be examined for fingerprints, examined with chemicals and spectral analysis to determine where it had been, who touched it, etc. Just this one document alone would spend weeks under a microscope.

If this is true...I just don't know what to think. It's either a colossal amount of BS or something very, very, wrong is going on!!!

edit...then after all our analysis the passport would be turned over to Interpol for analysis.

NO EFFINNG WAY! SOMETHING IS ROTTEN HERE!!!

I agree. I've actually been on crime scenes. Documents like that would have been taken into custody. Anything potentially useful in the investigation would have been taken. Better to have too much evidence than not enough. Very odd procedures on such a high profile case. On high profile cases you have an even finer toothed comb you use.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Wow, this is certainly strange. Not all the vultures from the media, but the fact that they were allowed into the apartment so soon when the investigation should be still ongoing.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
A bit of weirdness. Muslims don't use CHRISTIAN CALENDARS...especially devout Muslims.

Just thought I'd throw that out there....

Throw that back the Gregorian calender is used my Muslims as well. Wow where did you get that I know plenty that even have them on there phone magic huh?
edit on 12/4/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join