It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nunchucks chosen as a nonlethal alternative for California police dept

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Nothing more comedic than a fat guy with nunchucks.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You found out they weren't a toy. "Any two screws and a broken stick in the yard" isn't how to go about learning Nunchaku.

A self beating is the correct result.

You obviously know nothing about the ancient art of redneck.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yes I do, I learned everything there is to know about rednecks from The Blue Collar Comedy Troupe.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

So then you understand that step 1 of learning Redneck martial arts is to learn The Drunken Master. It starts with, "Here, hold my beer".

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

LOL, when i was a kid anyone with a decent piece of chain, a couple of screws, and a broken broomstick could have the pleasure of beating themselves senseless "playing" with them.

After 1 or 2 times cracking yourself in the face or crotch, they just become something else laying around the yard (where you last dropped them to tend to a bloody nose)

LOL...yeah, me and my mates too..still remember the bruises.

Mind you, i made quite a few mean 'stars' that would have been lethal at up to 20 feet, if the way they lodged into trees when thrown was anything to go by.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Outstanding, reposting for others…

originally posted by: JimNasium
Now My "personal opinion"...

This is some turd that got beat up in High School who didn't do squat on Patrol but hung around the PD studying for the Sgt. examine and kissing ass of the brass. This turd rises quickly through the ranks. To combat "them" You need to 'get wood' (something to hang over their head; You know they'll be a 'boss' one day so You keep quiet until You're done/10-7)

Now this guy is probably a 'Training Sgt.' and does 'macho 'snip' because He has no family or His whole thing is 'being a cop'. They probably just got done with 'Quarterly Training' and while these guys are cleaning the 5 guns they carry daily, their EGO gets 'cooking' and then one of these Turds suggests crap like this..

Now 3 or 4 from the PD will get to go to Sacramento for "Specialized Training" and they'll end up at Centerfolds™ strip bar out at Folsom, then these Turds will come back and kill someone and Anderson PD will be no longer...

Get the mail when the resident goes on vacation; quiet the barking dog and if You "want/need" action (adrenaline) LAPD is always hiring...

I now feel 'cleaner'... Thanks for that..

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

So then you understand that step 1 of learning Redneck martial arts is to learn The Drunken Master. It starts with, "Here, hold my beer".

Lol, followed by "everyone stand back", and famous redneck last words… "Watch this".

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

LOL, when i was a kid anyone with a decent piece of chain, a couple of screws, and a broken broomstick could have the pleasure of beating themselves senseless "playing" with them.

After 1 or 2 times cracking yourself in the face or crotch, they just become something else laying around the yard (where you last dropped them to tend to a bloody nose)

LOL...yeah, me and my mates too..still remember the bruises.

Mind you, i made quite a few mean 'stars' that would have been lethal at up to 20 feet, if the way they lodged into trees when thrown was anything to go by.

Mmm, shurikens are okay… except like throwing knives, they can be thrown back.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I made my own set once upon a time, way way back in the day...

I was going to turn Bruce Lee green with envy...

I still haven't figured out how the hell I broke my finger... I think my Dad hurt himself laughing at me. Mom, too.

Like all my learnin'... Gotta do it the hard way.

This is such a bad idea, it's going to get someone(s) killed.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Well, there I have to agree! The training for that isn't easy, and I could see a lot of injuries resulting.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

A harrasssment waepon at best,hard to kill unless weilded or very spacifically trained to hit a precise target.
Nunchucks can hit any number of nervepoints and kill on the spot,by mistake. NOT to mention BAD guys like them as well.
edit on 29-10-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

A harrasssment waepon at best,hard to kill unless weilded or very spacifically trained to hit a precise target.
Nunchucks can hit any nuber or nervepoints and kill on the spot. NO to mention BAD guys like them as well.

The truth though, is that sticks and Batons are way more effective, less lethal, better at controlling suspects and have just as much reach. Sticks are still the better choice. If I had several people coming at me with knives and fists to kill me and there was a nunchuka and a stick, I'd pick up the stick every time.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I would take a knife as always but I WOULDN'T try to be a cop.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
true...but if the offender is prepared to take just one hit from the nunchaku.....its all over for the guy swinging them.....same as a baseball bat. Once you are in close,they are good for nothing,unless you are in close and standing still.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

I would take a knife as always but I WOULDN'T try to be a cop.

Yeah knives are good, although a nice metal baton has a reach advantage.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
One of the first thing they teach you when training with Nunchucks is how to block and how to take away your opponents nunchucks.

Bo staff(legal walking stick) Vs nunchaku
www.youtube.com...

The trick with a Bo staff is to redirect the nunchaku so that your opponents swings hit his own body and he hurts himself more then you.
16 hours of nunchucks training will only make the cop think he is god until he runs into a master.

I carry a walking stick and would laugh at some one with nunchaku because i am skilled with both and my walking stick comes apart to be used as Escrima Sticks that are also good at defeating nunchaku
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I agree 110% with everything you just wrote there.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
true...but if the offender is prepared to take just one hit from the nunchaku.....its all over for the guy swinging them.....same as a baseball bat. Once you are in close,they are good for nothing,unless you are in close and standing still.

Not "same as a baseball bat". Sticks strike much faster and do more damage than a bat. Someone proficient with them isn't going to let anyone get "inside".

Thats the thing, I could hit you four times with a figure eight in about i/2 a second. As fast as you can say--

Bangbangbangbang.

I agree, you can see a bat coming, not sticks. The stance as they present allow for sudden strike from above, below or side to side, without a wind up, in a flash.

CX

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
It's all fun and games till you get your nunchucks taken of you and wrapped round your head.

Worst idea ever. There will be too many Bruce Lee wannabes with these. Yes i know police are supposed to be responsible, but....well you know.

CX.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

If I had several people coming at me with knives and fists to kill me and there was a nunchuka and a stick, I'd pick up the stick every time.

If thats what you are used to. I'd take the chuks.

The art of nunchaku isn't just swinging sticks around, it involves stick and move, stick and move. Kick, block, strike, spin. You go after an opponent with them, you don't wait.

There is no defense against a horizontal or vertical figure eight so fast you can hardly see them as you close aggressively. Flurry of rushing air and yell, then strike… one down.

Anyone else who just saw that is going to back up.
edit on 29-10-2015 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join