It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News: Transgender girl drops class after 200 protest for and against her.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

He didn't...

She did.

Gender identity is, as you have rightly pointed out, different to sexuality. However, what you need to understand, is that first, we have no idea what this young ladies sexual preferences are, and that second, they are not nearly relevant.

Do lesbians change in the men's bathroom? Do homosexual males change in the ladies? Do they have their own separate facility? No they do not, because that would not be inclusive or sensible, now would it? The fact that this individual is not being allowed to operate the facilities appropriate to their gender (female), means that by the same reasoning, there should be no lesbians, or homosexuals, or even people who have a deep seated and unspoken question about their sexuality, changing in any facility, for any reason. There is no difference what so ever, save of course for staggering ignorance on the part of many, about the very scientific nature of the situation that transgendered persons find themselves in, and the issue of gender and sexuality as two very separate, and not at all similar or related subjects.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Where I work ONE person has "allergies" and the entire floor is now declared a "scent free zone". People can't even use scented deodorant because this woman claims she gets headaches and a scratchy throat from her allergies.

This happens all to frequently. If you wanted to make a case about the lights, I'm pretty sure they'd accommodate you.

Just because you don't demand people to change for you doesn't mean others don't or wont.

It's like saying, "No one ever helped me! Why should i ever help someone else?!"

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
In a few hundred years no one will care what sex organs you have or who you love. We'll hopefully just accept we're all human first and foremost.

It's all just social programming.

Socially, probably but will still play an important role in biological indentity.

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
If there is ever a time in society where no-one is offending anyone, then I'll want to leave.

We'll be a bland, conformist society of same-clothes, same-thought, same-ideology, same everything.

*meh*

I'd rather just piss people off from time-to-time.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

If kids were taught that they might actually be a wizard if they feel like one, it would be the exact same thing. But wizards don't exist, right?

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: IridiumFlareMadness

If kids were taught that they might actually be a wizard if they feel like one, it would be the exact same thing. But wizards don't exist, right?

They do unless you're a Muggle.

If you're a trans-muggle, it'll be very bad for you.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

damn bezz.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

A seperate facilility seems like a common sense solution. It's understandable if a group of girls feel uncomfortable changing around the opposite sex. May identify as the woman but at the moment has all the makings of a man. So what to do? Force a group of girls to be uncomfortable for changing around a physical male, have the physical male feel uncomfortable for changing around other physical males? No you find a common sense solution and give this person their own place to change.

I see it now, then your isolating this person and blah blah blah. Too bad. Life is compromises and if neither standard solution exists, then go to the third. It's no more fair to have this individual be uncomfortable around the boys than the girls uncomfortable around this individual. The only other solution is thought/ feeling control for one side or the other. That will go over like a lead balloon but let's see those proposals.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

Again... I hope you are expecting the homosexuals and lesbians to use that facility too, since they might pose a tangible sexual threat to their fellows, by the same utterly barbarian logic.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Thats what it all is anyways, make believe.

And we're all supposed to just play along. I'd much rather see these people, especially children and teens, psychologically evaluated to find out what's really going on in their lives.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

It's way more complicated than that. That woman looks like a man in a wig and has a penis. Women who have been raped or anyone woman really don't need to be met with a penis in a place they consider safe.

Gay people have the same equipment. This isn't about sexual orientation, it's about people having a right to a safe place.

You're straight right? Would you sleep with her? Prolly not because of the penis. It's more complicated than someone just slapping on a bad wig and a skirt and saying they're now a woman. Transgender people are different, that's not a bad thing, but they don't fit neatly into whatever gender they identify with.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Wait....I thought you said there was a difference between gender and sexuality. Now you're saying that there is not?

Okay, so, your answer is: one big locker room. Unisex. Gender does not mater at all.

Pile all the boys, girls and transgenders into one big locker room, no mater their age, etc, and parents? Well parents, you do not get to say jack about it.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Again... I hope you are expecting the homosexuals and lesbians to use that facility too, since they might pose a tangible sexual threat to their fellows, by the same utterly barbarian logic.

If someone wants to use that facility but comparing people who have the same physical make up to a situation in which we have different physical make ups is dishonest. It's very rational to expect some girls to be uncomfortable about changing around physical males like some males would be uncomfortable about changing around physical females.

But you passionately took the side of social justice, ignoring reality, and the use of the word barbaric was droll at best. Feel free to carry on as the enlighten one between us.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

But see, she is uncomfortable in the boy's locker room because of bullying and violence against her. The other girls are uncomfortable just because there's a penis in the room. There's a bit of a difference in the reason for the discomfort. One is real and palpable (violence), the other is superficial.

If the girls are worried that the transgender girl might be attracted to them, then they would have to be uncomfortable with any lesbian girls in the locker room too, but I haven't heard any outrage about lesbians.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I don't really consider a locker room "safe".

There's a reason I put a padlock on my locker.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Except the lesbian doesn't have a penis

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla

Except the lesbian doesn't have a penis

So? Do you think a lesbian needs a penis to rape another girl?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

But see, she is uncomfortable in the boy's locker room because of bullying and violence against her. The other girls are uncomfortable just because there's a penis in the room. There's a bit of a difference in the reason for the discomfort. One is real and palpable (violence), the other is superficial.

If the girls are worried that the transgender girl might be attracted to them, then they would have to be uncomfortable with any lesbian girls in the locker room too, but I haven't heard any outrage about lesbians.

Rape victim who may not feel comfortable around physical males? Girls you aren't comfortable about body maturity level and physical male makes them uncomfortable. Has nothing to do with attracting transgendrrs, straw man argument designed to try and dismiss what are real concerns and uncomfortable situations. And the problem with the own facility is what? Avoid the bullying, avoid girls who have an issue with physicals males in the locker room. This is a wrong compromise why?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

No, but it IS a physical manifestation of that fact that the person in question is a male and not a female.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I am straight, but I do not fit in neatly anywhere either.

I have to say, on that level I identify very strongly with folks who are often deliberately misunderstood and are victims largely of the stupidity of others.

Essentially, an awful lot of people have an ignorance problem, and they are not the ones getting told they cannot use the right locker room for them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join