It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sexodus: The Men Giving Up On Women And Checking Out Of Society

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Feminism is an umbrella term of a whole host of disparate groups and movements and certainly some of them could be characterized as trying to bring about a "female dominated society" but is that really where the mainstream is at?

The point isn't what the mainstream is doing. You only hear from the troublemakers because they make the most noise. So regardless of what the mainstream wants, the image that is seared in the collective consciousness is the female dominated ideal.

Like I said, I WANT equality for women, but I don't want that to come at the expense of men. You may recognize that isn't equality at all.

Some would say that women already have equality, so what equality exactly do you see necessary for women in this day and age?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SearchLightsInc

You are right it has nothing to do with feminism

The media has conjured up an ideal of relationships
and of the female (and male) form that no one can live up to.

This has led to a disillusionment of humans with other real humans.

Which in turn has led to alienation of human from human.

Which has led to the development of extremely realistic sex bots ($12K, google it)

Which leads directly to a natural decline in population.

Which will lead to AI being the attachment object for humans rather than other humans

Which then leads to the AI taking over the majority of human functions.

Which negates the need for humans for the most part to run the world.

Which leads to AI taking the functions previously held by humans.

Which leads to the absolute necessity of humans
to no longer desire other humans as sexual objects
to reduce the no longer needed population.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

No matter what the article says, it is still easy to be masculine today without having to retreat into video games and online debauchery; but it involves actually going outside into the real world and doing something with it. Feminism might have an idealistic stranglehold on "internet culture", but in the real world, it doesn't. One needs to simply go outside and see which gender it is that is keeping roadways, buildings, vehicles, sewage, and basically all infrastructure, running smoothly, so that feminists can bathe in their comfort while at the same time not admitting from whom it comes from.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Goldcurrent
I see very similar analogies to this study.

That sure paints a more realistic picture of what is happening!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Indigent

No matter what the article says, it is still easy to be masculine today without having to retreat into video games and online debauchery; but it involves actually going outside into the real world and doing something with it. Feminism might have an idealistic stranglehold on "internet culture", but in the real world, it doesn't. One needs to simply go outside and see which gender it is that is keeping roadways, buildings, vehicles, sewage, and basically all infrastructure, running smoothly, so that feminists can bathe in their comfort while at the same time not admitting from whom it comes from.

It comes from my property and tax dollars.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

That is a tough question. The battle lines of feminism aren't as clearly defined anymore. Much of the feminist argument seems to rely on urban legends, faulty statistics, and things that aren't that obvious. This is why I don't think feminists should be approaching this topic with the same head of steam as the previous generations. They risk taking too much, and as the article in the OP has pointed out, may already have done that.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

All groups are guilty of creating division with the exception of those not being allowed to be heard saying, "Why can't we all just get along."

So if gay people want to get married, they're creating division? If women want equal pay for equal work, they're creating division? How convenient!

I find it odd that you believe only the groups you agree with have a right to complain!

I find it odd that you're putting words in my mouth! I think everyone has a right to complain about whatever they want. I was just providing a short list of groups that are often accused of being part of the progressive coalition to destroy America if you believe the melodramatic rhetoric from brietbart and the like.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: seeker1963

All groups are guilty of creating division with the exception of those not being allowed to be heard saying, "Why can't we all just get along."

So if gay people want to get married, they're creating division? If women want equal pay for equal work, they're creating division? How convenient!

I find it odd that you believe only the groups you agree with have a right to complain!

I find it odd that you're putting words in my mouth! I think everyone has a right to complain about whatever they want. I was just providing a short list of groups that are often accused of being part of the progressive coalition to destroy America if you believe the melodramatic rhetoric from brietbart and the like.

Your so wrapped up in your cognitive dissonance, you can't even understand what I was getting at! Either that, or you are carefully trying to put words in my mouth.

Instead of selectively picking out a few things I said, address the concept of too many tribes which creates the division we are currently dealing with?

I find Mediamatters just as dramatic as you find Brietbart, as a matter of fact, they are 2 different tribes doing a great job in keeping us divided!

Again, why can't we all just get along?

Why is it necessary to segregate and divide any of us?

I find it odd, that those groups demanding tolerance in todays world, seem to be the most intolerant of people who are different than they are.......

I am not buying into any of it.

I am not against gay folk getting married whatsoever. If 2 consenting adults want to do things together, let em do it! Not my concern.

Freedom isn't a one way street! Something people of ALL political/religious/gender/sexual ilk need to get over!

The alternative? We just keep on fighting like children until we destroy ourselves......

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Exactly so. More societal comforts invented and provided by you know who.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
For any article, I think it's first important to "know" the author --- to understand the perspective.

Milo is a British gay tech guy and journalist.

Also a rising right wing darling.

Yiannopoulos received criticism in 2009 for tweeting that he hoped the police "beat the # out of those wankers" at the G20 protests, and then deleting the tweet after a protestor was killed.[5] He later pointed out that he could not have known in advance about the death of Ian Tomlinson and that his tweet was sent in anger about another protester.

Controversy followed his appearance at the TechCrunch Europe GeeknRolla conference in 2009, during which he was criticized for remarking that he didn't see the need for more female representation in technology industries.[6][7]. en.m.wikipedia.org...

edit on 9-12-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

One needs to simply go outside and see which gender it is that is keeping roadways, buildings, vehicles, sewage, and basically all infrastructure, running smoothly, so that feminists can bathe in their comfort while at the same time not admitting from whom it comes from.

Say what?

link   

Who?

Nevermind, the 21 facts speak for themselves.

theeconomiccollapseblog.com...

edit on 9-12-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

link   

Who?

link   
Dupe.
edit on 12/9/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Some time in the future when these liberal feminists have been successful in their efforts to neuter the young white American males and they are being ravaged by gangs of Russian, Chinese, or perhaps Venezuelan soldiers, will they be asking themselves, "Why is no one coming to rescue me"?a reply to: Indigent

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oudoceus
Some time in the future when these liberal feminists have been successful in their efforts to neuter the young white American males and they are being ravaged by gangs of Russian, Chinese, or perhaps Venezuelan soldiers, will they be asking themselves, "Why is no one coming to rescue me"?a reply to: Indigent

Or, saying to each other "Get your gun, Annie".

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Money doesn't have a spinal cord and it doesn't get blisters.

So, magic, I guess. It's all magic. You pay your taxes, the state snaps its fingers and presto! Infrastructure!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: InTheLight

Money doesn't have a spinal cord and it doesn't get blisters.

So, magic, I guess. It's all magic. You pay your taxes, the state snaps its fingers and presto! Infrastructure!

Both men and women have spinal cords and get blisters, what's your point? My back aches and blisters just come from doing a different job to have tax dollars work for us.
edit on 9-12-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Say what?

How many inventions by women do you use on a day-to-day basis?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

a reply to: ~Lucidity

Say what?

How many inventions by women do you use on a day-to-day basis?

science.howstuffworks.com...=8

How about a computer.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join