It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC is investigating a vomiting passenger at Newark, NJ, airport. Believed to be from Liberia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
CNN interviewing the passenger sitting right next to him:

the man became incoherent with an hour left in flight..
asked for help...
said his eyes hurt, felt like they were floating, he had never experienced it before...
said he was from Liberia...
Had a young daughter with him...
Sat in Row 27..
Rows 25 through 28 had to stay on plane...
CDC came on in full suits...
***HE DID NOT SEE MAN VOMIT....
CDC put a mask on man and daughter and exited....

Other passengers on plane about an hour and a half total...
Later told passenger was was not contagious...
Deboarded...

Interviewee and other passengers were in baggage claim when an announcement was made not to let any of the passengers from that flight leave...
Held for hours in airport...
CDC took all contact info, etc...

I cannot believe how matter of fact and calm that man was... WOW.

edit on 10/4/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

I feel that at this point they will lie in order to keep everyone calm.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Not surprising given the ambulance that transported him in Dallas was apparently in service for 48 hours afterwards.

The ambulance is now quarantined by a big piece of yellow tape.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: windwaker
a reply to: texasgirl

I feel that at this point they will lie in order to keep everyone calm.

Damage control has been in effect for days now. There are conflicting stories and news releases now but they will soon get that sorted out.

I'm always astonished at the naive people that believe and quote anything coming out of the msm and govt. spokesmen as reliable information.
edit on 4-10-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
Country of origin: Liberia (check)
Reaction by CDC: Put on masks after the fact. (check)

Verdict: Bad Dr. Goodweather. Bad!

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet
UPDATE

CDC officials have removed passengers from a plane that landed in Newark Saturday afternoon following a possible Ebola scare.
United flight 998 from Brussels landed at Newark Airport and has been met by Centers for Disease Control officials based in Newark after passengers on board, believed to be from Liberia, exhibited possible signs of Ebola.

Officials with the CDC removed two passengers from the plane. A man had been traveling with his daughter and both were removed by a CDC crew in full HAZMAT gear. Other passengers remain aboard.Too."

Source

Of course its Ebola, from Liberia with vomiting. Now a whole plane is in quarantine.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This couldn't have come at a worse time imo , being flu season, this will easily overwhelm our regional medical personnel
1/8 to 1/4 i expect to quit or take leave if it gets to the following level by region
When and if cases reach upwards of 30-60 people within 30 days
This is when it is as real as it gets, I would advise avoiding populated areas for at least a month
Between 300-600 cases people will panic and store shelves will become empty, i wouldn't leave the neighborhood unprotected if at all.
1300,in-house lockdown or bug out.
At 3000-5000,Looting,Martial law and the complete breakdown of society
, notice the beginnings of it now
I truly hope this can be contained and all of this will be fiction.

edit on 4-10-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
CNN interviewing the passenger sitting right next to him:

the man became incoherent with an hour left in flight..
asked for help...
said his eyes hurt, felt like they were floating, he had never experienced it before...
said he was from Liberia...
Had a young daughter with him...
Sat in Row 27..
Rows 25 through 28 had to stay on plane...
CDC came on in full suits...
***HE DID NOT SEE MAN VOMIT....
CDC put a mask on man and daughter and exited....

Other passengers on plane about an hour and a half total...
Later told passenger was was not contagious...
Deboarded...

Interviewee and other passengers were in baggage claim when an announcement was made not to let any of the passengers from that flight leave...
Held for hours in airport...
CDC took all contact info, etc...

I cannot believe how matter of fact and calm that man was... WOW.

www.nj.com...

Text"CDC reports that the subject and daughter are not exhibiting symptoms of Ebola exposure," Dumas said.

edit on 4-10-2014 by 2gd2btru because: '

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
this is amazing
watching the stories come day after day, flights full of people on an international trip cooped up in a plane for hours while someone is that sick already.. WHY IS ANYONE ALLOWED TO LEAVE THAT AFRICA AT THIS POINT!!! And the guy sitting next to Mr vomit.. I think he was clueless to the ramifications of what might be coming his way.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
a reply to: seeker1963

Oh, I imagine so.

The authorities could put a stop to all of this if they just cut-off flights in and out of Liberia. Why take the chance of this spreading globally?

We kind of have an important law called the constitution, that says the government cannot restrict your freedom to travel.

I guess individual airlines could not offer service from Liberia, but that would be totally up to them.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

I live 15 minutes away also and I hope this gives our airline system a good kick in the pants.

Why are they tempting fate on this?
Shut down all traffic from affected areas unless strict quarentine guidelines are met. It seems a no brained to me and my area is not even the worst place this could escalate beyond control. India, Europe and Chins would be disasterous at least.

What is so f@#$ing hard about doing this one simple thing, Africa is a big island, keep it there untill this gets under control.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

Somebody should take the Liberian man and drop him in front of the white house so Obama can see for himself what his stupid policies are doing to us the tax payers and voters in this nation.

Because obviously between golf and dinner parties for illegals he doesn't give crap about the real people in the nation.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

edit on 4-10-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: WP4YT

Oh, I imagine so.

The authorities could put a stop to all of this if they just cut-off flights in and out of Liberia. Why take the chance of this spreading globally?

We kind of have an important law called the constitution, that says the government cannot restrict your freedom to travel.

I guess individual airlines could not offer service from Liberia, but that would be totally up to them.

That is true. We have the constitutional right to freedom of movement WITHIN the US. But I do believe the federal government can restrict entry in to the US for a variety of reasons. These reasons are defined in the Immigration and Nationality act...and disease is on the list.
edit on 10/4/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I found this little nugget at the bottom of a NY Post article about the plane in Newark.

Better here than in Africa, noted Liberian native Joshua Brown, as he waited for friends at Gate 53. By 4 p.m., he was still waiting — and indication that passengers whose flights had originated in Liberia were being held longer. “I’m not worried for them,” Brown told The Post of his friends. ‘Because they are coming from Africa, and America is a better place to be” if you have Ebola, he noted. “All the people brought here are cured from Ebola, but there they die. America is a great country.”

link

If this is widely believed, we are going to see a lot of people coming here from Africa for treatment. Not good.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: WP4YT

Oh, I imagine so.

We cannot restrict travel of U.S. citizens...within and outside the U.S.
But we can and indeed have restricted travel of non-citizens; and have restricted travel of certain medical conditions, for the reasons of public health and safety.

We do restrict travel to Cuba from here, and do not accept travel from Cuba to here.

Yes we can AND WE BETTER DAM WELL DO IT YESTERDAY.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: lakesidepark

Yes, the government can restrict travel of US citizens when going to or coming from other nations. That's why you must have a passport.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: WP4YT

The President per the Passport Act of 1928 can revoke or deny a passport to anyone at anytime for reasons of national security or foreign policy. The Immigration and Naturalization act of 1952 makes it illegal to enter or exit the United States without a passport. So in this case Obama would actually be well within his rights.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DirtyD

Dirty D, this is my thoughts as well. this is a good point to bring up.... maybe that is why Zmapp is no longer available, so not to promise anything to make ppl jump on the planes and go to America , i believe there are lot of people bailing out of Africa as we type.... more to come..... \

Good luck.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DirtyD

link

If this is widely believed, we are going to see a lot of people coming here from Africa for treatment. Not good.

Just damn!

That is exactly what everyone has been saying would happen....It's a can of worms, for sure.

If Duncan lives, will it encourage more sick Liberians to run for it? If he dies, will there be claims of racism since the other Ebola patients, all white, have lived?

Screw everything about this.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join