It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor Congratulates Women For Following Scripture - No Jewelry and No Braided Hair.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
God doesn't give a rat's behind about how you wear your hair, or jewelry or any other such nonsense.

Man does.

If you're wearing your hair, or doing up your hair for the wrong reasons he does. He is a clean God and asks modesty of his servants. So if it is unclean, or if it is immodest, then it would be displeasing to God.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 02:50 PM
link   

God doesn't give a rat's behind about how you wear your hair, or jewelry or any other such nonsense.

Man does.

You reminded me of a scene in Jane Eyre, where the parish leader of the girl's school says that Jane's best friend Helen, who has beautiful natural curling flowing red hair, sins because of her hair and he proceeds to order Jane to cut it off. Jane asks 'Why punish her for the way God made her hair?". There came no reply in that story either.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser2034

Come to think of it, almost everyone on this website today would be considered slaves under the Law. As most people work for, that is hire themselves and their labor out, others, for pay because they need to to make a living.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Some people here claim to know the Mind of GOD. How does that work?

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: lilzazz

Reading what his mind is on matters found in his word that he has inspired his holy prophets to write found in the Holy Scriptures, known as the Bible.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz

That depends on which god you are referring to.
Seems like the god of the bible is of 2 minds.
Vengeful and mean. Loving and peaceful. You know, like real people.

Other gods seem to be just loving and peaceful and don't seem to care about silly little things like hair or being a slave.

We are such a mess.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 03:23 PM
link   

a reply to: lilzazz

That depends on which god you are referring to.
Seems like the god of the bible is of 2 minds.
Vengeful and mean. Loving and peaceful. You know, like real people.

Other gods seem to be just loving and peaceful and don't seem to care about silly little things like hair or being a slave.

We are such a mess.

Jehovah is not mean. He is very merciful and loving. That doesn't mean he doesn't exact vengeance. But his vengeance is always justified and righteous.

The unknowable mystery God of Christendom that is ridged, evil and harsh that burns people forever, is not the God of the Bible. He is very different than what the clergy of Christendom has mislead billions to believe he is.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I read somewhere when they first encountered the Vikings (whom both men and women wore braids and jewelry and bathed regularly and used perfumes from their trading) that the wives became attracted to the Viking Men and cheated on their husbands, so it was added in to the original texts.

Not sure if thats the truth, just saying that's what I've read.

What is it about women and how they prefer men who bathe or take showers? Strange Old Testament God tells men how to bury their poop but not when, how often or how to properly bathe! No wonder Jesus "baptised" men!

edit on 0120242024k27America/Chicago2024-04-02T15:27:01-05:0003pm2024-04-02T15:27:01-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I think quite a lot of folks would be put to death just based on that particular "rule" alone. Say...half the plant give or take?

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Happy to oblige..... oh yes.... pagans are mentioned!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

I figure it's like saying it's that what's on the inside that counts.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: FlyersFan

At that time braiding hair and wearing jewelry was probably considered to be too flashy and 'loose'.

It was probably how the women of their enemies dressed. Pagans!

The Queen of Sheba did alright, apparently...

I guess it's alright if you marry them, or enslave them. It's all good if you've got a special ring (hole) to talk out of.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I want my rotten lion back!

I grew long hair once and it didn't do what it said on the tin

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans but not Canadians. Why can't I own Canadians if I pay for them?

You will have to check with my current owner, Justin, but if he’s good with it, you’ll provide social programs, and kill me when I’m old and useless, I’m in if you’ll have me.

(Assuming it’s warmer where you are)

edit on 2-4-2024 by NorthOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 05:14 PM
link   

LOL!

Even John the Baptist dunked those unwashed masses on a ritual basis.

The Jews have Ritual Bathing, in fact, most Civilized Peoples do.

Even in humble parts of Africa, where water is scarce, when care packages of soap come through the people clamour for them.

It prevents disease and heals wounds.

I recently had to move out of town due to rising costs and rents and went for three months on sponge baths because we have an issue with our water heater we can't afford to fix right now and the water is lukewarm most of the time, so bathing is usually very brief.

My husband grew up in poverty, an took cold baths in a water bucket in an unheated house before he joined the military but I love him for richer or poorer and he spoils me to the best of his means anyway.

We don't sweat too much, but when wework in the summer a cold shower is refreshing, but in the Winter it can be brutal.

I am pleased to report I finally had to wash my ahir the other day and a minor Easter miracle happened, as I was bracing myself for the cold and inching slowly into the shower, suddenly, as soon I wet my hair and applied shampoo, I was blessed with GLORIOUS HOT WATER that lasted the entirety of my process.

I am now all clean and shiny again!

And people say miracles are bunk and God isn't merciful.

Fooey I say!

Fooey!

HALLEJUAH!

edit on 4/2/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

LOL!

Even John the Baptist dunked those unwashed masses on a ritual basis.

The Jews have Ritual Bathing, in fact, most Civilized Peoples do.

Even in humble parts of Africa, where water is scarce, when care packages of soap come through the people clamour for them.

It prevents disease and heals wounds.

I recently had to move out of town due to rising costs and rents and went for three months on sponge baths because we have an issue with our water heater we can't afford to fix right now and the water is lukewarm most of the time, so bathing is usually very brief.

My husband grew up in poverty, an took cold baths in a water bucket in an unheated house before he joined the military but I love him for richer or poorer and he spoils me to the best of his means anyway.

We don't sweat too much, but when wework in the summer a cold shower is refreshing, but in the Winter it can be brutal.

I am pleased to report I finally had to wash my ahir the other day and a minor Easter miracle happened, as I was bracing myself for the cold and inching slowly into the shower, suddenly, as soon I wet my hair and applied shampoo, I was blessed with GLORIOUS HOT WATER that lasted the entirety of my process.

I am now all clean and shiny again!

And people say miracles are bunk and God isn't merciful.

Fooey I say!

Fooey!

HALLEJUAH!

My wife and I lived in an unheated house here in Mexico without a water heater. The trick is you heat up a pan of water to boiling, get a bucket fill it with water and then pour the hot water into the bucket and use a bowel or what not. Tell you what, way better than using the cold water. Although I did that often just out of laziness.

edit on Tue, 02 Apr 2024 17:24:00 -0500pm40220240400000000America/ChicagoTue, 02 Apr 2024 17:24:00 -0500 by randomuser2034 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 05:37 PM
link   

We're usually strapped for time and the oven has issues too...plus we're kind of clutzy so we'd end up sloshing boiling water all over the place.

Our bedroom has the traditional water pitcher and basin though, so that helps.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 05:47 PM
link   

In Leviticus there are a lot of instructions given to the Jews regarding hygiene. Especially around diseases.

Like washing in RUNNING water. Men specifically.

Something the medical profession didn’t figure out until the 19th century after trying to determine why so many women were dying from infections after childbirth.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomuser2034

Reading what his mind is on matters found in his word that he has inspired his holy prophets to write found in the Holy Scriptures, known as the Bible.

Yeah, "inspired by his holy prophets" ok...

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Slavery in Israel is more akin to hired labor by today's standards, and slaves were afforded many rights under the law that protected them from abuse.

But they were bought and sold like slaves. no abuse there....Your excuses ring hollow!!

edit on 2-4-2024 by lilzazz because: sp

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join