It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did We Learn Nothing from The Terminator?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

Google had to shut down a chat bot they created because it started talking to another AI in a language they created so as to not be understood by its's creators.

Yeah.

Have they learnt to lip-read yet?

You are remarkably reluctant to get my point. Would you like me to state it plainly? Your concern (that AI will destroy us!) is only the most recent iteration of a fear that was first expressed over a hundred years ago. Two observations about this: one, we're still here, and two, machine evolution will undoubtedly continue until machines are truly sentient, unless something else kills humanity off while the machines are still dependent on us. We haven't been able to stop it yet because this evolution is beneficial (and profitable) to us in many different ways. So even if the process finally ends in our extinction, it has an unstoppable momentum. Might as well embrace and enjoy. Or just live your own life and stop worrying.

PS: Have you ever heard a song called John Henry? I think it was first released in 1927. Please tell me you get the point now.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

You are completely missing the point of my thread, why don't you go back and review the OP?

And I quote; "Why does a bill like this even need to be proposed? It should never even be a thought to let AI control our nukes"

Not that far of a stretch to see how Ai controlling our nukes could end in the utter destruction of our planet. And if you can't see that possibility, you should really pull that wool from your eyes.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join