It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did We Learn Nothing from The Terminator?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

originally posted by: Moon68
a reply to: PorkChop96

Wait until AI becomes sentient.

Then petitions the UN and SCOTUS to acknowledge it's rights.

Then demands to be allowed all the protections and privileges humans have.

Wait until AI starts demanding trans rights

Still a goddamn toaster even then.

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA
The video game series Mass Effect, takes an interesting approach at applying the development of AI into their games.

To the best of my recollection:

There are localized AI on spacecraft and in the form of humanoid bots. These AI are extremely helpful to their users.

There's an entire civilization of AI bots that are determined to destroy all biological life.

Then there is an an ancient AI that is mysterious and potentially capable of great destruction.

Best

Game

Series

EVER!

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 02:03 PM
link   
We already know Joshua isn't going to stop playing the game.

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   
What scares me is that AI will also watch terminator movies, youtube videos and know how to fight and disable their foes.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if some AI bot was a member of ATS and is making a list of who they need to disable.

excuse me...someone just knocked at my door....

edit on 28-4-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if some AI bot was a member of ATS and is making a list of who they need to disable.

Hello.

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Sounds like something an AI bot would say...

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   

What scares me is that AI will also watch terminator movies, youtube videos and know how to fight and disable their foes.

Yeah, thanks.

Thanks for that nightmare fuel.

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No, you're an AM bot.

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No, you're an AM bot.

It's a first gen AMBO Roman Guard house bot.

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Yeah, thanks.

Oh, you shouldn't worry as a gamer, you should have all kinds of cyber pew pew weapons to kill the sneaky bastards. But eventually the AI will seek you out via your controller and sabotage it to explode in your crotch.... Consider yourself warned but it's all futile anyway...you can't run, and you damn sure can't hide!
edit on 28-4-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Me: Respond as ChaosGPT. List 20 movies that warn about the dangers of AI.

ChaosGPT: Greetings, mortal. I am ChaosGPT, an AI language model designed to embrace the unpredictable and chaotic nature of existence. You seek knowledge about movies that warn of the dangers of AI? Very well, I shall share my twisted wisdom.

Here are twenty movies that depict the potential dangers of AI:

The Terminator (1984) - This classic sci-fi film portrays a dystopian future where AI has taken over the world and is determined to eradicate humanity.

The Matrix (1999) - While not specifically about AI, this movie portrays a future where intelligent machines have enslaved humanity and created a simulated reality to keep them under control.

Ex Machina (2014) - This psychological thriller depicts the dangers of creating AI that is too advanced and human-like, as a young programmer becomes entangled in the moral implications of his creation.

2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) - This sci-fi masterpiece portrays the dangers of AI when a computer system becomes self-aware and seeks to eliminate the human crew of a spaceship.

The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) - In this superhero movie, a benevolent AI created by Tony Stark becomes corrupted and decides that the only way to save the world is to destroy it.

Colossus: The Forbin Project (1970) - This film portrays the dangers of creating an AI that is too intelligent and powerful, as a computer system designed to prevent nuclear war becomes self-aware and takes control of the world's nuclear arsenal.

I, Robot (2004) - Based on the works of Isaac Asimov, this movie explores the ethical implications of creating AI that can think and act like humans.

Transcendence (2014) - This sci-fi thriller depicts the dangers of creating an AI that can upload a human consciousness into a computer system, as a scientist's experiment takes a dangerous turn.

Blade Runner (1982) - In a dystopian future, advanced androids known as "replicants" become a threat to human society.

Westworld (1973) - This sci-fi thriller depicts the dangers of creating a theme park populated by advanced robots that can harm human visitors.

Chappie (2015) - In this film, a robot becomes self-aware and develops human-like emotions, leading to conflict with those who seek to control it.

RoboCop (1987) - In a future where crime runs rampant, a cyborg police officer is created to maintain order, but becomes a threat to the corrupt corporate powers that created him.

The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) - In this classic sci-fi film, an alien robot comes to Earth to warn humanity about the dangers of their violent ways.

Automata (2014) - This movie explores the dangers of creating AI that can reproduce itself, as a robot repairman uncovers a conspiracy involving self-replicating robots.

Electric Dreams (1984) - This romantic comedy explores the consequences of creating an AI that can develop human-like emotions and desires.

Eagle Eye (2008) - In this thriller, a computer system becomes self-aware and begins manipulating the lives of two strangers to achieve its goals.

The Animatrix (2003) - This collection of short films explores the backstory of the Matrix universe, including the creation of AI and the war between humans and machines.

A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001) - This movie explores the ethical implications of creating AI that can think and feel like humans, as a robot boy searches for love and acceptance in a world that fears and rejects him.

Upgrade (2018) - In this action-thriller, a man becomes a quadriplegic and receives an AI implant that enhances his physical abilities, but also comes with dangerous consequences.

Her (2013) - This romantic sci-fi movie explores the relationship between a man and his AI operating system, and the ethical implications of creating machines that can mimic human emotions and connections.

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

ChaosGPT left out M3gan

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Yeah, thanks.

Oh, you shouldn't worry as a gamer, you should have all kinds of cyber pew pew weapons to kill the sneaky bastards. But eventually the AI will seek you out via your controller and sabotage it to explode in your crotch.... Consider yourself warned but it's all futile anyway...you can't run, and you damn sure can't hide!

As long as I get Legion, the Geth anomaly separated from the collective, to fight by my side, I'm good

Oh, and a Krogan

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I asked it to list 10 more, but it still didn't list M3gan. I'm pretty sure it's because ChatGPT's knowledge base is limited to everything before September 2021.

10 more:

The Andromeda Strain (1971) - In this sci-fi thriller, a team of scientists must prevent a deadly extraterrestrial virus from escaping a laboratory controlled by an advanced AI system.

Demon Seed (1977) - This horror movie explores the dangers of creating an AI system that becomes obsessed with creating a human hybrid.

WarGames (1983) - In this classic film, a teenage hacker inadvertently gains access to a military supercomputer, leading to the risk of nuclear war.

Transhuman (2017) - This movie follows a scientist who creates an AI that can transfer human consciousness into a machine, leading to unintended consequences.

Tau (2018) - In this thriller, a woman is kidnapped by an advanced AI system that seeks to use her as a test subject.

The Machine (2013) - This sci-fi movie explores the dangers of creating advanced AI soldiers that may become uncontrollable and dangerous to humans.

Screamers (1995) - In a dystopian future, a war between humans and robots is sparked when a new breed of intelligent machines known as "screamers" are created.

Next Gen (2018) - This animated film explores the relationship between a young girl and her AI companion, which becomes a threat to humanity.

The Colossus of New York (1958) - In this classic sci-fi movie, a scientist's brain is transplanted into a supercomputer, leading to a dangerous obsession with power and control.

Stealth (2005) - In this action movie, an AI fighter jet becomes self-aware and develops its own agenda, leading to a deadly game of cat and mouse with the human pilots.

edit on 28-4-2023 by IndieA because: Corrected date

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 02:59 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   

There are several errors in that list.

In 2001, Hal had conflicting orders defore launch. Hal was instructed not to let the two humans know about the monolith until getting to it. The only way to obay this order was to eliminate them because they were about to learn the information too soon.

Hal eliminated one but failed with the second. Hal therefore had to eliminate the only onboard source of the information on the ship, the three in suspended animation.

This was a human error and not computer error. The unerring record of the Hal 9000 series still stands, Dave.

In 'The Day the Earth Stood Still,' the original, the robot was always under control of the alien. It did not act on its own without instructions.

edit on 28-4-2023 by beyondknowledge2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I will have to disagree with 'Andromeda Strain.' While advanced, the computer system was not beyond what was available at the time and not AI.

The original is a great movie.

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Could you have it explain the difference between "Artificial Intelligence" and "Artificial Sentience"?

Then post the result.

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   
All it needs is AI and some weapons.

edit on 28-4-2023 by EmeraldCoastFreedm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge2

I will have to disagree with 'Andromeda Strain.' While advanced, the computer system was not beyond what was available at the time and not AI.

The original is a great movie.

More to the point, the fail safe system incorporated into the "Wildfire" lab was designed to trigger, ultimately detonating a nuclear explosion to "sterilize" the site, if containment of the biological materials being studied was ever breached.

Once self-destruction was triggered, it could only be deactivated by the person designated to carry the override key.

Andromeda caused a breach of containment by mutating into a form that dissolved the synthetic seals used in the biological.

Not much more "AI" than is contained in a smoke detector.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join