It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul Filibustering Over Drones: I Will Not Let Obama ‘Shred the Constitution’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
IT IS TIME, for every member of congress who loves the constitution to STAND UP AND FIGHT!!!! Rand Paul knows the new CIA director is a PUTZ... We can not afford more PUTZ in ANY place of power.. Lets get real folks...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman

Are you serious? you still think a drone strike will never happen on US soil? I think you are the dog and pony show.
reply to post by eLPresidente

No need to be rude and call names. After all, if you were such a great american, you would respect my right to an opinion. Anyhow, I will tell you what, WHEN a US citizen is attacked by a drone on US soil, then we will talk. As of this moment, I would be correct thus far as no one has ever been......... fortunately...

When did I say you are not entitled to an opinion? Lmao, I said I think you are the dog and pony show referencing your pseudo-attack on this filibuster as a dog and pony show.

So you want to talk about drone strikes on REAL Americans on American soil AFTER somebody dies? Ok, good for you. I'd rather this opposition takes place BEFORE somebody dies an unjust death by the Chief Executive Emperor.

On second thought, you were right. Let's stop the Iraq war after it happened..Oh wait... IT ALREADY HAPPENED.

Keep up your dog and pony show. Although nobody is buying tickets, you can still perform.

edit on 6-3-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well this IS mentioned on CNN also. In fact it is the main article under US news. How about that?

Holder does not rule out drone strike scenario in U.S

Attorney General Eric Holder is not entirely ruling out a scenario under which a drone strike would be ordered against Americans on U.S. soil, but says it has never been done previously and he could only see it being considered in an extraordinary circumstance.

But Sen. Rand Paul, a Kentucky Republican who has said he would do what he could to hold up Brennan's nomination until he got a full answer to his query, wanted to know whether the administration considered that policy applicable domestically.

edit on 6-3-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Originally posted by sealing
Somehow I think a President Rand Paul
would say "We need drones to protect our
Libertarian American ideals."
It's because they are not his drones.
edit on 6-3-2013 by sealing because: Sp

What has he done or voted on so far to lead you to believe that he is a complete and utter hypocrite?

How about him opposing Medicare and Medicaid while his medical practice survives on those patients?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Thanks, I put c-span on and he's still talking. I wonder how long he's going to go, and am surprised this hasn't happened more often.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by F4guy

Originally posted by sealing
Somehow I think a President Rand Paul
would say "We need drones to protect our
Libertarian American ideals."
It's because they are not his drones.
edit on 6-3-2013 by sealing because: Sp

What has he done or voted on so far to lead you to believe that he is a complete and utter hypocrite?

How about him opposing Medicare and Medicaid while his medical practice survives on those patients?

Survives? Really? Did you never consider that he may just not want to turn away elderly patients?

What is next? Aqua Buddha? Civil Rights Act?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I'm watching him on C-SPAN. How any American can listen to him and disagree is beyond me. An all powerful executive branch IS our ruin. There is a deliberate economic agenda to destroy this country and no one is stopping it. We ask for a 3% cut from the deficit spending and they act like we're terrorists. If money has no meaning then this show will come to an end soon and only a few will come out on top.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Watch the filibuster here:
www.c-span.org...

Thanks so much for the link!
Watch it live!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
I'm watching him on C-SPAN. How any American can listen to him and disagree is beyond me. An all powerful executive branch IS our ruin. There is a deliberate economic agenda to destroy this country and no one is stopping it. We ask for a 3% cut from the deficit spending and they act like we're terrorists. If money has no meaning then this show will come to an end soon and only a few will come out on top.

Rand Paul is on his fifth our of filibuster and Ted Cruz is quoting William Barrett Travis.

This is awesome.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Good for Rand! Maybe he does have some of his Daddy in him after all! I was not happy with him when he endorsed Romney...so I have been somewhat suspect of his motives. But I can say that I do appreciate what he is doing here...someone needs to have the b@lls to point this crap out.

The puppeteers are doing their damndest to trash our Constitution and Bill of Rights and they have managed to do some damage...but it's good to see a few elected people are putting a spotlight on it.

The puppeteers...those with power and control agendas...have been chipping away at our foundation for years...I am sure they will continue until someone jerks back the curtain and reveals them in the light of day...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
For those here, watching or listening to this now...does it give you some bit of hope...it does for me.

Des

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Because of Rand Paul's filibuster, here is whats trending on twitter: Constitution, Senate, CIA.

Some things to track while the filibuster goes on:

Twitter: #filiblizzard
twitter.com...

Twitter: @codepink (liberal anti-drone organization)
twitter.com...

Twitter: #standwithrand
twitter.com...

Facebook: Rand Paul (his likes on facebook are skyrocketing)
www.facebook.com...
edit on 6-3-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I am watching Ted Cruz right now grilling Holder on whether it would be constitutional to use a drone on a suspected terrorist sitting at a cafe that is not a life-threatening immediate danger and Holder cannot give him a straight answer. Ted Cruz won't give up. He is like a pit bull and won't let go!

"I find it incredible that you still cannot give an answer" Is it constitutional or not? Hold keeps saying it would not be "appropriate to use a drone" He won't say if the consititution allows it.

Keep going, Ted! (and thank you, Rand, for starting the filibuster)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Great links!
Now Ron Wyden (Dem Oregon) has joined the fillibuster, so it goes on!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
For those here, watching or listening to this now...does it give you some bit of hope...it does for me.

Des

These few guys are holding the floodgates as best as they can. Hope is in the air but realistic action will make this a success.

All I can say is that we call our senators and have them join and support, as well as helping this go viral in the digital realm.

Glad to see a democratic Senator tag in to support. #TRUEBIPARTISANSHIP

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Listening in another window, thanks for the live link to c-span!

He's speaking again now!
edit on 6-3-2013 by SunflowerStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Rand is now at the top of Drudgereport, the Whitehouse WILL listen to us. Social Media and alternative news is blowing up over this filibuster.

www.drudgereport.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Yes!

This is how this happened. Paul seized on a technicality, Harry Reid did not file
paperwork that would allow a vote to end it.

Go Rand Paul!

The website Politico said the Paul had seized on a technicality that could allow him to keep the floor as long as he can speak. It said Senate majority leader Harry Reid didn’t file paperwork that would allow him to break into Paul’s filibuster for a vote to end it.

The inclusion of Lee, Moran and Cruz, three other senators with Tea Party connections, as “guest answerers” of questions could give the filibuster some staying power. Also, a much-hyped snowstorm for the Washington area fizzled out on Wednesday, after most of the federal government closed doors.
blog.constitutioncenter.org...

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

Originally posted by thesmokingman
I GUARANTEE you will NEVER see a drone fire on civilians on US soil...

Oh thank goodness. Now that some random clown on the internet has guaranteed that this will never happen, we can all go back to our normal lives.

I was worried there for a second, thank you.

edit on 6-3-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I wish to know what Paul was going into just prior to the EAS test. I probably wouldn't care, had we not seen many examples of the MSM suddenly coming into "technical difficulties" at crucially informative parts of interviews and broadcasts.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join