It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Marine v 30 Police - Occupy Times Square - Cops lose

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Funk bunyip
reply to post by Gseven

his shirt is the wrong size?? get serious... coz people never lose or gain weight??

..and spouting all the other protocols he has broken mean nothing. The man has served his country and is fed up. It takes more bravery to break the rules and stand up for what he believes in. He states his name and rank, if he was faking being a marine he wouldn't do that would he?

S&F

I'm sorry, but where is the proof that is he who he says he is, again? Oh, that's right...there is none, but since all of you believe everything you see and hear, as long as it furthers your opinions, then it must be true.

And yes, breaking these "codes" is a VERY big thing to a Marine, whether active duty or not. I don't expect you to understand that, but this is why we seldom, if ever see someone in a Marine uniform at a political rally, much less provoking a group of police officers. Nothing about that behavior has anything to do with the Marine Corps.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
All dictators have their personal guard ( Sadam, Kadhafi, Assad...) and the 1% also have it,it's called the police.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
hahahaha , tip of the hat ,
that fellow can sleep on my porch or couch anytime.
heck id even throw a BBQ for him.

he speaks the truth and that is honorable.

True change is when he can sleep in your house.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingArthur
Im Loving it HAil Yeah!!! and This guy Keep it up You are True Patriot and Sons of Liberty I salute you all!!!

That guy broke it down. He was on key!!! Thats what needs to be said and done
edit on 17-10-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The police have been placed in an unwinnable position and he, as a veteran, should know what that feels like. He shouldn't be screaming he should be talking to them, to their supervisors, to his congressman.

In fact, he should pressure his congressman to take a walk with him down the streets of the protest. He has been sensationalized by media and combined with his veteran status, he should be heard.

The problem is that he believes that change will come from the police. That's like the muslims overseas that try to go to the people holding the weapons for change. It happened to me all the time and it made my heart sink, but what could I do. end the war?

We are at war, a war of ideaology and rhetoric. It's time we stop showing people in screaming matches and start showing our elected officials take a stance. Otherwise, I can no longer be against the #OWS or any occupy movement.

I think that the methods being used are wrong, and put Americans at risk on both sides of the fence and around the world.

If that vet had said something like that, I might have supported him. I would have rather seen him nonviolently approach the police after making his initial point and target the supervising officer for a real discussion that (if he needed his ego boosted) could have been audible too over cameras and ears.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

That # pisses me off.

And people just stand there and yell.

FFS DO SOMETHING!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
People, the sticks and stones thing is getting old. The only liberty for people is spiritual powers. It is a group of spiritually developed people, who can simply cast sickness and disease ahead of them. If you do not believe this, try getting psychically attacked and doubled over in the stomach and fight at the same times. When I am strong enough, I will show others how to do this.

This group, no matter how large, is not large enough to restrict 1000 spiritual warriors. Riders on horses have no control over animals that are in agreement in shared consciousness, an ability that recently has started to happen for me with animals.

So, these elite really do not want this to happen. At this time people can spiritually grow with this energy hitting planet. And that is the real thing, they want you to be violent and raging, to block this energy. And in the end they keep control, because the spiritual power will never flourish because people are challenged.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Them, more so than any other branch of the military, takes their appearance, uniform regulations and adherence to their codes of conduct to a much higher level. Once a Marine, always a Marine...every Marine, both active duty and former, knows this. A Marine would NEVER behave this way in public, much less in uniform, and even less in the crap he put together, pretending to play a Marine. Every fiber in his body would have been screaming at him if he had actually been a Marine and pulled this mess off.

I mean no disrespect to the Marines - but I have to wonder

is it possible for a Marine to become disenchanted?

let's just call it disenchanted - for now

he kept saying - if you want to hurt somebody - go fight in Afghanistan or Iraq

there is no honor in hurting unarmed civilians

I wonder what he means by that...

he just kept saying it over, and over...

maybe I'm just a little thick

anyway, Marine or no Marine - the man stood down a row of NYPD - looked them square in the eye and said his piece

he didn't mumble, he didn't slur - he was coherent, passionate and sincere

he was a peaceful protester and he has my respect

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass

I see no honor in what he did, and he sure as heck doesn't speak for the Marine Corps.

Unfortunately, most people will disagree with you.

What he did was courageous, and he spoke with his heart. I'm sorry you see it the way you do.

Look, I saw NOTHING but a man yelling at and provoking a large group of police officers. I saw no abuse, I saw nothing but one man posing as a Marine, yelling and repeating the same phrases over and over (kind of like how the MSM does when they want to indoctrinate us with something). Those are the facts I have. So, my "truth" is dependent, to a certain degree, by what I see, and what I see is not the whole story.

I'm shocked that so many people have fallen for a half-baked video, hook, line and sinker, with NO evidence whatsoever to back up his claims as a Marine, or his claims of what the police were doing.

No need to apologize for my ability to use my brain and not believe everything I see, even if it happens to further my beliefs.

So do I support peaceful gatherings? Sure I do! Those are our rights! Do I support this one? If it's peaceful, yes. Some things I have seen have not been peaceful, and so those people need to be removed and dealt with. I also support law enforcement. So if someone is provoking the police, then they deserved to be arrested, and I don't believe their rights are being taken away, nor do I believe we live in a communist country. There is no "right" to that sort of behavior in this country. Sorry, but protesters can be pretty stupid sometimes. Which brings me to my next point...it appears that half of them don't even know why the heck they are there!!

But I've disliked Wall St. for years, and at least I know why. I don't like corporations involved in politics...they basically run this country. If the protesters could get their crap together and figure out what they're fighting for, rather than looking like a bunch of idiots with nowhere to be, then maybe more people would take them seriously, rather than just blindly jumping on the protest bandwagon again the mean, nasty, rich people, because somehow they've prevented all of us from becoming rich as well?? Give me a break.

As for this guy, he's made a big stink over a stupid non side story, and didn't even address anything to do with the issues at hand. Hardly patriotic.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

He is a human first and a marine second. For you to assume that you know how every single marine thinks and acts is arrogant at best, regardless of how many other marines you know. It only takes one white crow to prove that not all crows are black.

So.
You have his name and rank, you know he is from NYC, VERIFY or DEBUNK and stop speculating.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
People this was a very brave thing for this man to do and he did not resort to violence on the cops so one thing comes to mind.

GI-JOE - A real american hero

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
That's awesome. Go ahead big guy.

None of those poooolicemen wanted anything to do with that. You could see that on their faces, none wanted to be the first to make a move,

Respect to Marine Corps. Sgt. Shamar Thomas and then some.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If I was a good cop and this guy comes out of nowhere and starts yelling at me and my partners about something I never did (police brutality) I would be pissed.

These cops could have arrested him for inciting public disorder.

Besides he was making a fool out of himself coming out of nowhere and starting to shout nonsense.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This seems like misdirected anger. Sure a few police have done some things that in hindsight, was completely unnecessary, i'e. pepper spraying women who were already trapped behind a barrier. But to say that there is no honor in what the NYPD is doing, is picking a fight with the wrong group. These men and women are for the most part protecting and serving the New York population, and the OWS is not the actual 99% of the New York population. They are there for crowd control....and that's what crowd control looks like, horses, batons, pushing, shoving, and punching if someone is being that aggressive.

I don't judge the entire Marine Corps for the one Marine that threw a puppy off a cliff, or the other more severe atrocities that have been committed. And I don't look down on any military member fighting a war that puts more money and power in the hands of the 1%...because at their level of the totem pole they believe in what they are doing based on the information that they are given, just like the I don't judge the entire NYPD for the bad things a small percentage have done.

And to say those NYPD officers were scared of that man is probably true, but I'm sure a lot of them don't want to be there doing what they are doing, but it's part of their job. And I'm sure a lot of them support what the protest is against. It's easy to say they should switch sides and join the protest, but it is harder to do.

I just hope this protest doesn't lose focus....and get derailed by people bashing the NYPD who are at the bottom levels. The people that this protest needs to reach are at the top.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
So what is the answer? Every segment of society is or has been corrupted, from the moral teachings from childhood. From sneaking popcorn and candy into the movie theater to save money, to becoming creative on your tax returns. Relaxing and running your unemployment insurance rather than looking for work, Playing the field while married, padding your time card at work, or calling in sick to get play time. Speeding in your cars, refilling your drinks at the local fast food. The list is endless of what people do at others expense, and taking things for profit at others expense. Who or what part of political ambitions are without 'favors' or outright payment for undeserved benefit. Who has not become beholding to some group with the acceptance of donations or outright bribes? Where in the citizenry of the United States, has it not been twisted and self serving. Where in religion has it not become a show to gain favor and promenance, to 'have arrived' ? The system and moral base is, and has been broken for generations, and it's only declining as people try to 'get their share'. Our presence in the world is fraught with outright war profit, a whole industry has been developed to advance cheaper and more widespread killing, more efficient ways of killing greater numbers, and more profit for those supplying those products. Companies moving work offshore, knowingly hiring those unable to force a decent wage, or the reprocusions of the lifestyles they must agree to. The unfair tax structure of the rich verses the middle class and poor.. It's fraught with corruption, where do you start, and what leaders will live honest and lead. Some of the earliest Presidents were no better. Washington denuded vast areas of lumber in many areas of the east, Bush gave lucerative jobs and favors to the oil industry and personal friends. ....where? here do start to repair. There is no way as far as I can see..... Doom is upon us, and it's of our own making.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfitcher
This seems like misdirected anger. Sure a few police have done some things that in hindsight, was completely unnecessary, i'e. pepper spraying women who were already trapped behind a barrier. But to say that there is no honor in what the NYPD is doing, is picking a fight with the wrong group. These men and women are for the most part protecting and serving the New York population, and the OWS is not the actual 99% of the New York population. They are there for crowd control....and that's what crowd control looks like, horses, batons, pushing, shoving, and punching if someone is being that aggressive.

I don't judge the entire Marine Corps for the one Marine that threw a puppy off a cliff, or the other more severe atrocities that have been committed. And I don't look down on any military member fighting a war that puts more money and power in the hands of the 1%...because at their level of the totem pole they believe in what they are doing based on the information that they are given, just like the I don't judge the entire NYPD for the bad things a small percentage have done.

And to say those NYPD officers were scared of that man is probably true, but I'm sure a lot of them don't want to be there doing what they are doing, but it's part of their job. And I'm sure a lot of them support what the protest is against. It's easy to say they should switch sides and join the protest, but it is harder to do.

I just hope this protest doesn't lose focus....and get derailed by people bashing the NYPD who are at the bottom levels. The people that this protest needs to reach are at the top.

I don't get it. Why would an adult male be scared of another adult male?
Just because you are smaller doesn't mean you are scared of someone bigger.

When it comes down to it, strength isn't all that matters.

edit on 17-10-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Funk bunyip
reply to post by Gseven

He is a human first and a marine second. For you to assume that you know how every single marine thinks and acts is arrogant at best, regardless of how many other marines you know. It only takes one white crow to prove that not all crows are black.

So.
You have his name and rank, you know he is from NYC, VERIFY or DEBUNK and stop speculating.

I'm sorry, but the burden of proof is not on me...it's on the OP to properly vet. When did I say I knew every Marine? What I will say, is that every Marine receives the same training, so we are bonded that way...don't assume that you know more about it than you do. Can they become disenchanted or "lose it"? Sure! But when they typically become disenchanted, they don't run around half dressed in their uniforms (improperly), spouting with pride about their service. It's usually the other way around. So you can't have your cake and eat it too. If he was a true Marine, proud of his service, he would have never shown up looking the way he did or breaking the big rule of speaking on behalf of the Marine Corps. If he has a few screws loose, then maybe. In which case, nobody here should be singing his praises.

Either way, all the supporters in this thread are either following a liar or someone with serious mental issues. That's who you guys want to follow and be proud of? REALLY??

Hey, I'm not the enemy, I'm just keeping it real and pointing out some serious discrepancies that obviously does not land on the popular side of the house. Denying ignorance seems to a joke around here. But hey....take what I said or leave it. It matters not to me any more. People here only want to hear what agrees with their views, and nothing that challenges them. That's not denying ignorance, that's a single serving of communism....becoming the very thing they are afraid of happening.

Have fun creating your own reality, because I'm not going on this ride.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

As for this guy, he's made a big stink over a stupid non side story, and didn't even address anything to do with the issues at hand. Hardly patriotic.

I'm afraid I just don't have a way to demonstrate how much I disagree with this - there are not enough words

he was calling on the police to mind themselves - check their behavior, think about their motives - and side with the American people - the people they have sworn to protect

which part of peaceful protest do you not understand?

forgive me my moment of pride and patriotism here - but - are you serious?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Bunch of unwashed hippies,
union thughs.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I've had dreams where the military remembered their oath to the Constitution and the American people. He's standing up for his oath. They don't join and sacrifice for politicians and corporations. Maybe they are waking up too and tired of being slaves to the corrupt system.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join