It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Marine v 30 Police - Occupy Times Square - Cops lose

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

I hate to rain on everyone's parade, but I have some issues with the claims of who this person is for several reasons:

As a former Marine, this guy is completely out of regulations, not just in small ways, but in really huge NASTY ways. NO self-respecting active duty Marine would dare go in public looking like this. It's my opinion that he borrowed a friend's uniform without their knowledge. There's nothing that would convince me he is either an active duty Marine or even a recently former Marine. NO WAY...
a.) No cammies are allowed to be worn in public off base....period.
b.) He's unshaven.
c.) He's not wearing his cover.
d.) His blouse is not only unbuttoned, but it's clearly too small.
e.) His sleeves aren't rolled properly.
f.) His green t-shirt is untucked.
g.) He is inciting a riot....IN UNIFORM AND ON CAMERA!!! HELLO!! NO military service member is allowed
to go on camera in uniform and speak with any sort of political overtones AT ALL.
h.) He's sporting ribbons on his unbuttoned cammie blouse...ribbons are not authorized for use on cammies,
and even if they were, he's wearing them improperly.

If by some off chance he IS a former Marine, he shames his Corps by the fact that he appeared so sloppily and attempted to speak on behalf of the Marine Corps, which he would never be allowed to do as an active duty Marine. I'm baffled that any former Marine would do this...he likely has a some adverse discharge on his record, OR has a few screws loose from his alleged time in Iraq.

Come on folks...don't believe everything you see.

edit on 17-10-2011 by Gseven because: typo

edit on 17-10-2011 by Gseven because: correction

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Fab
More power to the people.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Interesting point. If what you say is indeed true then you may be onto something. You make a good arguement, the shirt is a bit small, and i too found it weird that you'd walk around in uniform so sloppily.

I guess this could aid the view that he is a plant, put in to stir trouble??

But you know what, the point he makes is valid nonetheless. After seeing the footage of the police beating people, i got bit emotional too - cant blame him for gettin caught up in the moment if he really wasnt a marine.

Who knows

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Wow, Sgt. Shamar Thomas is my "Hero of the week" !!

So true what he says, and look at the cops, I guess if he wasn't that massive and tall guy and wearing a uniform they probably would just have arrested him.

Kudos, Mr Thomas !

Edit/ Add: It's so wrong to bring horses to a protest ! These animals should not be brought in a crowd, the whole noise level is really to much for them, its a very high risk that they freak out, stumble and hurt themselves. As you can see in the video it's a big danger for everybody standing around, if the horse falls, it's a good chance that people get hurt. And it's so medieval - med-evil.

For a humor approach: Do you know which is the only animal which has the A**hole on the back ?
The Police Horse.
edit on 17-10-2011 by svetlana84 because: see post, horse rant

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
As soon as he lost it and said '#', they should have taser him.

If he was ever in the military he'd know you have to be professional, and courteous.

What happened in Iraq, happens here. Armed Squads kicking in doors and killing innocent people.

Happens every day. Nobody ever protests it.

There is now a Private Corporation in America that owns military F-16's and New Zealands Skyhawks.
There's private corporations now in America who own assets in space that could destroy cities. Or target single people.

Nobody protests it.

It's Judgement Day and the worlds going to find out....they were lied to.

The weapons of God are in some very Racist hands. Their plans don't include most of the population of Earth.

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Firstly, who is saying he's active duty? It says in the article he served two tours and is currently going to college and playing amateur football. Doesn't sound active duty.

Secondly, nitpicking appearance in absolutely no way denigrates or invalidates his actions or his words.

I don't care if he was a veteran, a vagabond or a vegan, what he said and what he did was what needed to be heard and should have been done. He was braver than me sitting here applauding him and he's braver than you sitting there deriding him. He's the one, whoever our whatever he may be, that is standing there between the police and the people, and I respect that.
edit on 10/17/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/17/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

I am unsure how it works in the states, but in the uk impersonating a cop or member of the military is a very serious offence which carries a lengthy prison sentence. For that reason I believe he is genuine.

edit on 17-10-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
The Occupy Wall Street protesters are a bunch of losers. Yes, the guy will probably be arrested and beaten for his disrespect of authority. He'll definitely be booted from the military as a rouge. But then these people have it coming. They're a bunch of 60's Hippie wanna-be's, smoking dope, doing drugs, having sex with everyone, etc.

And the best laugh is that they don't understand they're protesting in a park own by a wealthy corporation, and being funded by wealthy corporations who's agenda is the end of American society.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
After watching the video I can see that the police didn't arrest the man because he was a looney tune. Some guy who thought he was the man because he went to Iraq. Only to come home and disrespect the very people he supposedly went to fight for.

The police are not there to beat people but to keep order and that guy should have known that.

But he got his moment of fame, didn't he.

Cause he be the man. (not really).

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Wow, so his comments about "this is not a war zone", "these people are unarmed", "why are you hurting these US CITIZENS" meant nothing to you? Oh wait, you were upset he didn't button up his shirt

Maybe he remembered the Uniform Code of Military Justice military law Section 893. Article 93. Cruelty and maltreatment where "Any person subject to this chapter who is guilty of cruelty toward, or oppression or maltreatment of, any person subject to his orders shall be punished as a court-martial may direct."

Have you considered joining the NYPD?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

He's down for the struggle. That's why he's doing what he's doing. And I believe as you do that he's not a real Marine, probably a black panther imposter planted to incite more rebellion.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
The Occupy Wall Street protesters are a bunch of losers. Yes, the guy will probably be arrested and beaten for his disrespect of authority. He'll definitely be booted from the military as a rouge. But then these people have it coming. They're a bunch of 60's Hippie wanna-be's, smoking dope, doing drugs, having sex with everyone, etc.

And the best laugh is that they don't understand they're protesting in a park own by a wealthy corporation, and being funded by wealthy corporations who's agenda is the end of American society.

You sure are full of tired cliches and stereotyping. If there's a looney tune around it wasn't him. By the way, "rouge" means "any of various red cosmetics for coloring the cheeks or lips."

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The guy's a hypocrite! The people of Iraq and Afghanistan are unarmed yet they get bullied and killed by the soldiers. He should be shouting about these illegal wars before anything else. "If you want to kill someone go to Iraq" what's up with this guy? anyone who cant see the utter hypocrisy of his words is blind.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Something isnt right here. IF he is a serving marine, then he is a disgrace to his unit. He is scruffy, probably broke every Uniform Code in the book, not to mention getting involved in politics and he certainly is not very self-controlled.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

I disagree. I don't think he would come out in front of hundreds of cameras and tell his story and wear that uniform and lie knowing full well it will be called out. If he isn't who he says he is then conservative media will find out for sure and then tout it like it means something.

And since when do you speak for all marines? I guess marines don't come home, shaken and out of whack and kill their familes either? Yeah your point is null. Some come home crazy, some come home with their eyes open, and some come home still brainwashed clinging to their indoctrination as you imply.

Even if this guy does turn out to not be one (which I think he is) you will still be wrong.
edit on 17-10-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

I don't care, if it is against regulations, and I don't care what members say about this Guy, Least he stands there and speaks his mind. Unlike some others who sit behind a PC who criticize the dude. But do not have the backbone to say it to his face. Respect to this guy for standing up for what he has done.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
those with honor will do whats right...
and are the ones who truly defend the country and people

∞LOVE∞

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by ovumcranium
Wow. Hope u-tube doesn't delete this clip.

I have a copy, just in case they do

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Wow, thanks for posting that, got me hype. Wish I could have been there to shake his hand.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

Actually I'm downloading a copy also in-case you tube decides to censor this you tube video. They will not censor this that is for sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join