It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof: Station on MARS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Regardless of anything else, I think it looks like bones sticking out of the sand.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I would change the title to:
Possible station on planet Mars
or
Station on planet Mars?

I'm just trying to get you to change the title because I believe you are onto something. So a less sensationalist and more credible and mature title would help the cause.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'm confused as to what your pics have to do with the Nasa link that was posted ?

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by WordPlayJAy

It shows that the image catches the underside of the solar panels on the rover.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
reply to post by 88cavs

That is an incredibly ignorant statement, more so in the face of this find. Yes, the video is blurry but you can see very clearly a formation impossible to nature.

Barring some digital imaging expert debunking this with a fantastic explanation this is pretty damn close to "proof". To claim this is being made up is just ignorant.

it's as fantastic as the bunk!! why not?

if i was gonna hide something, i will make you not believe your eyes.

this is not the pedofile stuff to see faces.

no faces here.

we need another photo other than google.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by WordPlayJAy

It shows that the image catches the underside of the solar panels on the rover.

My picture DOES NOT show what you are suggesting. You can even see where there is lights on the structures.

Actually, PHAGE IS RIGHT.

My photo Debunked...cheers mate.
edit on 2-6-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

And you think nature doesn't make straight lines?

Back to OP, cool find, hard to even argue about it because in theory it "could" be a natural formation.

Although it's definitly worth looking into.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

It's the same distortions in google earth. This really isn't proof of anything. it's literally some 30 pixels.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
hmmm cool find, but how you know the size? or you just guessing?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
we need another cam with the same photo. more or less.

"i want to believe"

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
looks like a mouse pointer to me. perhaps the mouse pointer was captured in whatever imaging program Google uses to create the mars landscape. they have to do some manipulation of all those photos in order to pit them all together at various resolutions on a sphere.

again, lots like a mouse pointer.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Where's the Proof? I don't see how a distorted, granulated video is Proof.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
This is probably the clearest picture I have come across showing some sort of anomaly on mars, Google mistake or otherwise.

Sure seems like a building of some sort, but I must agree this is not proof and just evidence. Compelling evidence. It seems unlikely that another picture of the location will be found anytime soon but I am eagerly awaiting one in case someone manages to dig it up.

Definitely does not look like a mouse pointer like someone has suggested.

It may just be that 2 images got superimposed and came out looking like a structure, but considering the size I dont see how it could come out looking like that unless it was a huge mistake.

Good thread op, flagged.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
lol.... so some blurry white pixels on google mars is proof of a man made structure? I can't believe how many of you are actually thinking that it IS actually something.

Where is logical thought/ critical thinking in most of the members?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

and what are those rings to the southeast? are they craters filled up with the outline left? weird.
edit on 2/6/11 by flyingkiwi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

I saerch the coards 71 49'19.73"N 29 33'06.53"W on google earth planet view and its there too, so theres proof it aint a pixel problem, if anyone has microsoft telescope have a look on there, i couldnt get mars to load.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
This certainly is a good find. But like many others have pointed out, it's no "proof". I would really like to believe there is a structure like that on Mars and have the discussion of life on other planets over with.

Unfortunately this is not the proof everybody is waiting for. There are a few reasons for me to say this:
- I can't find it anywhere that Google Mars is a reliable source to make these kind of investigations (and resulting claims)
- The picture is too blurry to make any statements or to draw any conclusions
- The location of the object (if it is a building) doesn't show any particular reason, why it is on that exact spot (missing other details like a "lake" or "road")
- If not naturaly formed it also could be remains of the numerous crashed probes (and there are really a lot)

Of course I hope I'm proven wrong!

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
That looks like a base too me. Can't be natural, I mean it's like White on the red surface!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
That's very, very interesting

Don't know if somebody suggested it already, but you should definitely send this to Richard Hoagland

www.enterprisemission.com

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 2-6-2011 by sdrawkcabII because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join