It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof: Station on MARS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
So "Proof" is an image from google earth (mars)?

C'mon.

I am even one who 'buys into' there being bases, plant life, (and probably some humans/or other people) on Mars..
But this is no kind of "proof" whatsoever.
Google can stick anything they want into these images, and often do, just to 'play around'.

This can't even be considered "evidence" it's soo poor.

There is actual "evidence" of this stuff..
but no proof..

This however, is no evidence, or proof.
d'oh!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
You say it is clearly not a rock formation, or clearly not mountains. But sadly, it isn't "clear" anything.

I'll admit it is a great find. It would be especially interesting if we could bring ANY clarity to the issue.

If I worked for google or nasa and worked with images like this, for the purposes of google earth or google mars, moon etc.... I'd probably mess with the images and put little "easter eggs" like this in. Just to see what kind of responses I could get.

I guess I'm a jerk that way. But I guarantee there are more who would do the same, just to "mess" with people.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

yep. google has been known to do exactly that.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
how is a blurry image proof of a station ?

Wrong argument. The origin should be the question, not the image...

Only an idiot can deny a straight-line depiction here..

All you can do now is blame google on a hoax.. I haven't verified the coordinates but it seems many here already have.. Oh, and my bad for not recognizing that natural formations ever tend to have large straight-line patterns like this.. Oopsie.

edit on 1-6-2011 by rstregooski because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Really? This is what you make a video of? Come on people, if you are gong to make up stuff at least put some work into it.
P.S I think I found a station on the Sun

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
Google can stick anything they want into these images, and often do, just to 'play around'.

So do you have some "proof" to back up that statement?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

I took your pic and looked at it in WildBit editor, with a negative. Straight lines throughout...!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/85f0e4d63c8d.jpg[/atsimg]

Edit to add extra pic.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/384ef7962f43.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 1-6-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 88cavs

That is an incredibly ignorant statement, more so in the face of this find. Yes, the video is blurry but you can see very clearly a formation impossible to nature.

Barring some digital imaging expert debunking this with a fantastic explanation this is pretty damn close to "proof". To claim this is being made up is just ignorant.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I know that Google plant some spoof images, but if this is a real image then it does need to be moved from here and placed somewhere where members can look and discuss it properly. There must be a way to look at it in more and better detail. I can't believe there hasn't been more comments to this thread. I find it quite interesting, especially something that looks a man made structure, we need better quality pics, c'mon guys, makes a change to have something which could turn out to be a find of all finds.....

Open minds and all that........

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by rstregooski

I took your pic and looked at it in WildBit editor, with a negative. Straight lines throughout...!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/85f0e4d63c8d.jpg[/atsimg]

Edit to add extra pic.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/384ef7962f43.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 1-6-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

I don't quite understand your conclusion...
edit on 1-6-2011 by rstregooski because: l

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Gotta agree here -- I am sorely disappointed in the quality of responses to this interesting find, it deserves better and more in depth analysis.

Skeptics, you can do better than this -- your collective dismissals of this anomaly have been laughable so far.

Believers, focus on the geometry and symmetry of the "cylinders" and what surrounds it/them -- in addition to the standard evaluations for photographic manipulations.

S&F OP -- I appreciate your find and posting.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Yukitup

Thanks for your support.................surely there must be more ATS members interested in this, even if only to call it a fake or a fraud...........

C'mon guys...............

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Posted here previously:
Link

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Ok just to put it out there, now to me yes it looks like like 7 stand alone buildings might be a 8th in the middle of the 2 smaller ones. so lets just say for one minute that it is ours "humans" what type of clearance and what type of professions would be needed to man and run a base like this. So with that said who........ Who is missing or even dead that has the this type of profession, do you think it would be the unknown type of scientists and astronauts or some of the best?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
These are the questions that come to mind....

1) How big would this structure be ?

2) could it be seen with a telescope ?

3) Can the OP add expert opinions if there are any later... currently everyone seems clueless.

good post !

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Mars Rover took this photo.....Strange much?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Wow this picture is amazing, I see the url but where on the site did you find this ? I'm having difficulties finding that section of the gallery.

This thread has opened my eyes to the possibilities of Mars ...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I flagged. This is a good thread.

edit on 2-6-2011 by Jepic because: nevermind...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
from Dictionary.com

Proof
–noun
evidence sufficient to establish a thing as true, or to produce belief in its truth.
anything serving as such evidence: What proof do you have?
the act of testing or making trial of anything; test; trial: to put a thing to the proof.

My 2 Cents

+23 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Not really.

marsrovers.nasa.gov...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join