It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof: Station on MARS

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
It's a satellite orbiting mars that happens to be in frame when the shot was taken? Long exposure would then stretch it out a little? That's what I thought when I saw this. Didn't really look like a structure to me.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

This structure is 700' x 150', and is colored white with blue and red stripes against the red Martian soil

Looks like Wal-Mart went ahead and put a 'Wal-Mart SuperCenter' on Mars! Wow, those guys are really ambitious!!

Really though, that is pretty interesting video in the OP. I once saw a PC program that would take landscapes from different planets or moons, probably any type of landscape where an aerial view has been obtained, and render them 3-Dimensional.

The program would do this using the shading of the surrounding areas to make a good estimate on how the landscape might appear when standing on level ground next to the objects in the landscape, as opposed to being above the area.

I can't remember the name of the program, but maybe one of you guys will. I would be interested in seeing how this particular region would appear when rendered by this type of program,

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I was JUST going to post this lol. My thoughts exactly btw.

The chances of it being a Base or structure of some sort are slim I'd say... But it COULD be a structure. Remember those ummmm "space plane" (I can't think of the vehicles name sorry) that went up for a few months?? Maybe that passed on material to the ISS and they have something that can go to Mars in a few days I DONT KNOW but speculation is a good thing right? lol

We need Internos on this one

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Demoncreeper
You say it is clearly not a rock formation, or clearly not mountains. But sadly, it isn't "clear" anything.

I'll admit it is a great find. It would be especially interesting if we could bring ANY clarity to the issue.

If I worked for google or nasa and worked with images like this, for the purposes of google earth or google mars, moon etc.... I'd probably mess with the images and put little "easter eggs" like this in. Just to see what kind of responses I could get.

I guess I'm a jerk that way. But I guarantee there are more who would do the same, just to "mess" with people.

Unfortunately, it's people like you that make the rest of us unable to trust anybody.

I'd say more, but I think I've said plenty already.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 88cavs
Really? This is what you make a video of? Come on people, if you are gong to make up stuff at least put some work into it.
P.S I think I found a station on the Sun

Are you seriously accusing the OP of "creating" the object in question? The coordinates were posted so you can look for yourself, sir. Stop trolling, please. You're wasting precious forum space. Sometimes I wish we could "unstar" posts. Yours would be a prime example of an "unstar." You're most definitely entitled to your opinion, but at least put some thought into your posts before making such ridiculous accusations. That's uncalled for.

This is a discussion forum. Lets discuss that topic at hand. May we begin with you explaining why you think the object in question is fake? And not a natural formation? Or perhaps, unnatural?

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Is there a possibility that this is some ice formation?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Could it be possible that this is another one of NASA's craft they have sent up/down/sideways/over there.
I looked on google mars over the internet on this www.google.com... aswell as the google mars that you can download trying to get a better picture but the qualtiy wasn't that good.

But on the linked site you can see the craft that they have on mars, maybe this one is something they haven't told us ?

I hope its something they dont know about though

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
There are a million other possibilities (ok, maybe not a million) that this object could be. Why is it that the first thing people think of is an alien or human base? What happened to using Occam's razor?

If it does turn out to be a human base, by NASA or any other agencies, what are the ramifications? We all know that governments have black ops, why should they tell Joe Bloggs about them?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Nevermind.
edit on 2-6-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Do Do Do Double post!
edit on 2-6-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Governments work for the country my friend. Not the country for them. That's why they should tell us everything they do and know.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b140e1332cd5.png[/atsimg]

S&F, nice find OP!!

Haven't read all the posts yet, but that sir deserved the "Shocked Face"

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Interesting find! Itll be awesome if it was really there, but how can we tell its really on the surface? Do you think the darker parts on one side of it are shadows? Becuase if not, it could be something in space standing in the way of the photo? I mean, its sure interesting, but i guess first we have to figure out a way to tell if its really sitting there, not just floating above..

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
its an interesting video, but i think the word proof in your title is stretching it a bit.

im sure it wont be long before someone comes along and completly explains it..

Ehh.. Why ?
Is it so far reaching ?
I have no problems with a base on mars.. Infact, I would think there is many...

s+f for you smartbuddy! nice find!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

"it could be this"
"it could be that"
basically this is a video of a screen showing an application.
Hence the title is misleading: this is NO PROOF whatsoever

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

I gotta admit that this does look a bit odd... but my question is 'why would a structure be built in the middle of nowhere with no other structures anywhere near it'?

A space station? Possible refuelling depot.

I will agree that it doesn't look like any type of rock formation!!

A possible NASA building? Doubt they would leave it exposed!!

Anyway if you could answer my first question i'd appreciate it unless i already answered it myself

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Looks like the spinal bones of some prehistoric animal....

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I am not convinced at all. What is the resolution, 10 times 10 pixels? It is impossible to recognize anything in the image, it could be a station of greys from zeta reticuli, it could be a rock. Since when can a few pixels be considered proof of anything?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

You're the first skeptic in the whole page...at the bottom.
Dunno...looks like something to me, I'm with the rest so far.....page 1
How cool would that be...?!

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join