It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange free. Granted bail

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
This is just getting funier and funier by the day, i clearly remember seeing on the CBC , prety much mainstream media in canada, that when assange got firstly accused of the alleged sexual crimes, a swedish lawyer representing the accusers, said clearly that there was no charges behing brought lol, no charges thats like close to 2 months ago, so either people are really dumb or there more to this that really seems. So why would again the swedish police try to get assange, i dont get it, didint know you could change your mind when pressing charges on someone.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dukeofjive
So why would again the swedish police try to get assange,

To hand him over to the USA I'd hazard a guess at, who knows what lengths the US Gov will go to, to get their hands on him...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
To the people making comments on his fate: STOP IT!

Your negativity isn't appreciated!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The journos twitter, that the next hearing will be tomorrow.
They expect more information on time and room in about an hour.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Could someone have a bit of sense and change the topic name to Assange ISN'T Free...Yet!

SIgh...The silliness continues...

Now people complain of negativity aura's

People, get a grip..

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Glad to hear it.

Thanks for posting!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Yep.. haha I've said it many times and tried to edit (four hour window blah) I'll keep saying it though I guess.
This news has changed three times. It was first reported that he was free (some reporters even left the scene and went back to their hotels where they found out Sweden was going to appeal (it was first reported they weren't which is why everyone said he was free). I wish people would read whole threads, news changes, for some reason when it changes (and since you can't edit after 4 hours) they choose to ignore the thread as an evolving story and put hoax which it isn't because branding it hoax would void this info which is true. People need to at least skip through the threads. Though I'm guilty of getting excited and replying before I know all the facts.

Again I can't update it to say "now pending appeal" but he is still in until it's sorted out, despite originally being reported as able to leave.

So as I've said before, Mods if you see this and you can, since I can't, please feel free to add (update: pending appeal)

soficrow: It looks like he will remain in jail until they decide whether Sweden's appeal will go through.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Thank you.
I wish it had been set in stone, but after saying they wouldn't appeal (thus the reporting he was free to go) Sweden said that it was a huge information gaffe, and that they would be appealing. So he's there a while longer.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

Two years ago the FBI were called in to try and crack similar encryption, they coudn't crack it after a year of trying
I'm not surprised. Thats b/c, for all the mystique, such agencies are staffed by people of mereley "above average" intelligence. The very intelligent & the genius have much better things to do.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It's about time he got released

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

WOOOOPIEEEE!
Free the world Assange!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by WashingtonGrewHemp

Really? What do you mean by that? I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic. How does Assange free the world?

Just curious.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Just remeber, you tug on your leash to hard, and they will hang you by it.
This is a good analogy, its just that you've got it the wrong way round.

There's a dog (the US Govt). Its big (has control over a lot of people & resources). It has big sharp teeth (an unprecedented military machine). It has a leash (its budget). It has fleas & spreads them wherever it goes (corporate parasites). It has mange which infects people producing sores (neo-con kleptocracy). It urinates all over the house (cultural imperialism & CIA sponsored propaganda). It craps on the carpet (flouts international law). It chews the furniture (arms & funds terrorists to overthrow elected governments). It shags people's legs (lies about its good intentions whilst doing its best to gratify itself). Its always growling & barking (using threats of military action to get its own way). It bites people (starts wars). It costs a lot to feed (running a massive trade deficit for decades, ie paying for foreign goods with worthless paper). It stinks (the majority of humans do not like it).
Unfortunately there is no political veterinarian to humanely destroy it & its leash is held by its fleas. Someone did try to castrate it for its own good, so it could live (Viet Nam), but the ligature snapped (Ronald Reagan). In the absence of better options, all thats left is to kick it to death (cause the break up of the USA). There are almost 12billion feet that aren't American waiting in line. The question isn't whether "Uncle'Samerican-pit-bull" will survive, its how many people will be disappointed that they didn't get to stick their boot in before the hideous beast dies? WikiLeaks is just a few well aimed kicks. Expect many more. Hey, its not the only dog in the house; its just the most annoying to the people who live there.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by soficrow

Thank you.
I wish it had been set in stone, but after saying they wouldn't appeal (thus the reporting he was free to go) Sweden said that it was a huge information gaffe, and that they would be appealing. So he's there a while longer.

Thanks for the update.

VERY disappointing.

reg

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Sweden is now claiming they had nothing to do with opposing bail and that was all the UK authorities decision...

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Makes it more threatening to me now. Until now, I thought, the Brits must accept the Swedish view first. Then the Americans must have a charge and ask the Swedes. Than the honorable Brits would have to be asked by the Swedes if they may serve Assange's head on a silver plate to the US.

To hear, that the Brits wanted to have the silver plate at first, makes it more clear, why there was so much confusion though. The Swedes did not want to appeal, because they could not appeal. Then the Brits appealed. Seems to be the right order now.

Ey, Londoners! Bring a pound to the court in the morning. You are enough people there. Only 200.000 of you would be needed. Wikipedia says you are nearly 3 milions in the inner parts of town, nearly 8 million in Greater London. Bring one pound! Best in coins!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Its fairly obvious that the intent is to keep him locked up at all costs while the extradition issues are worked and the US government invents a way to charge him with something.

This swedish nonsense is just a means to an end.

Its all very instructive. I wonder how far and how blatantly the UK legal system will get debased before common sense prevails. Man, I wish spitting image was still on TV, they'd make hay with this :-)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Wow, could you hate America any more? I wasn't under the impression that Wikileaks was only going after America. Perhaps you should change your analogy to all world governments, but then again, that wouldn't fit your agenda.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Here is a thread that I have participated in by Boondock-Saint.

We uncover some interesting things about Assange.

My personal feelings is that he is a Mossad asset.

link to thread.

Take the time to read through the entire thread. It really starts to get good at page 45 or so.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join