It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange free. Granted bail

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I don't get you people, the human beings that inhabit this planet want change; the change they crave can only take place once the US hits the ground, it's a fairly straightforward idea and I think anyone would be hard pressed to argue that we can enter a brave new world while your steaming pile of # of a country remains intact.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Finally, in the end Truth always overcomes tyranny. Hope he isn't prone to drive alone...we wouldn't want another "accident", like the one that killed Jörg Haider...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by crichton13

Why do you think, your post should be removed? It is always a kind of fun, when someone jumps in, hasn't followed anything at all and calls everybody else a moron.

Thanks, in this case, that you only fought against the yanks.

You get an F this time, because you wrote, before you read. But you have the ability to improve your...well, abilities.

Next session will be on about 11:30 Greenwich time. Another interesting day.

edit on 15-12-2010 by Siddharta because: add a t

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CerBeRus666
Finally, in the end Truth always overcomes tyranny. Hope he isn't prone to drive alone...we wouldn't want another "accident", like the one that killed Jörg Haider...

This post indeed is of the kind, which could be removed, if moderators would decide so. Telling the world a neo fascist was murdered?

But that's not my decision. At least I don't see any relation to this thread...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus23
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Here is a thread that I have participated in by Boondock-Saint.

We uncover some interesting things about Assange.

My personal feelings is that he is a Mossad asset.

link to thread.

Take the time to read through the entire thread. It really starts to get good at page 45 or so.

Thanks for the warning about your personal feeling.
I nearly had started to read it.
edit on 15-12-2010 by Siddharta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Excellent. Next he needs to go after the banks, really dig in and show us the seedy underbelly of this bloated corruption of greed we call a financial system.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Wow, could you hate America any more? I wasn't under the impression that Wikileaks was only going after America. Perhaps you should change your analogy to all world governments, but then again, that wouldn't fit your agenda.
Actually, since I dont hate America, the answer is yes, I certainly could hate it & if it carries on the way its going, I expect I will & then hate it more for what the rest of us are forced to do to end its headlong blind rush to armageddon.
As it happens, I have 2 friends who are American, 1 of whom is quite close, & several others of varying degrees of acquaintance. They're good people or I wouldn't give them the time of day (I mean friends not online penpals).
As it also happens, I think that The Declaration Of Independence, The US Constitution & The Bill Of Rights are some of the most inspired & inspiring documents ever written. I dont agree with every word therein, but the spirit of the whole malarky fills me with hope. The trouble is that the USA has never tried to live up to that spirit & since your civil war has actively opposed it, prefering instead to reward shysters who use the letter of said documents to pervert & often directly contradict the spirit of them.

They are your government.

Yes, there are plenty of govts around the world that are mangy, flee-ridden, badly behaved dogs &, if you reread my post you'll notice I mentioned this, its just that yours is the worst. I honestly believe that Americans will get sick to the back teeth of it. What can y'all do? I dunno. I've got enough problems working out what I can do about the stinking beast in my own UK bedroom of our collective house.

As for what WL says is their agenda...
Please understand that almost every thinking human who isn't American has @least some vested interest in seeing the US Govt go down badly. Er... what is my agenda?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Assange free on bail?

Anyone think he may skip bail?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Let the games begin.

British Govt, Not Sweden, Blocked Assange Bail

news.antiwar.com...

The judge’s approved bailing of Julian Assange earlier this week took another turn for the bizarre today when the Swedish government revealed that they had not, despite widespread reports to the contrary, appealed the bailing decision.

Rather it was the British government themselves which decided to keep Assange in detention despite the judge’s order to release him on 240,000 pounds bail. A new British judge will hear the appeal on Thursday morning.

Exactly why this was remains unclear, but the Swedish prosecutors say they will over no new evidence regarding Assange in the Thursday hearing. The decision, therefore, won’t be based at all on the merits of the case for keeping Assange but entirely on Britain’s ability to select a judge more favorable to keeping him in detention.

It seems they are getting a new judge to override the decision of the original judge...WTF!? I have no doubt they are stalling at this point so that the US can come up with something...anything. He was granted bail and should be out. Sweden is offering nothing in the way of evidence and no formal charges have not been made. This whole ordeal is a joke. This should not be happening no matter who it is.

US Eyes ‘Conspiracy’ Charges Against Assange

news.antiwar.com...

Officials are said to be hoping that they can find some evidence from the chat logs that Pfc. Bradley Manning was “encouraged” by Assange to produce the leaks. Assange has made general calls for people across the planet to leak information, but specifics regarding any contacts he may have had with Manning have not been made public.

edit on 16-12-2010 by Cablespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Cablespider

This is worrisome. Something shady is definitely going on. It is most likely so the U.S. Can find some charges. I would think that Sweden would see the injustice and change their tune and maybe support Assange again after catching the blame. Also I can't help, but think about those banking leaks he WL has. I think it"s about time people in the U.S. Grabbed their signs and made a little noise as this is obviously b.s.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

'Tis the modern way. Truth being labelled hate, that is.

I think Bunken Drum's satirical analogy is clever but does not convey that those that hate the American people most are not non Americans but rather the American government who do all these things in your name, lie to you about it and then tell you it is for your own good.
edit on 16/12/2010 by teapot because: add a bit

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Cablespider

Games indeed. This is all starting to make more sense. Regardless of what 1 prosecutor did (& who knows what incentive she had to do so or from whom - perhaps someone will give that to WL!), having Julian in their custody would be a no-win situation for the Swedish Govt. They'd either have to put on a farce of a trial to convict him or a real trial & the charges would be thrown out immediately. Either way, it'd make a mockery of having him arrested & held in custody & also might annoy WL enough to drop something really irritating to tptb. Then there's the extradition to the USA question: damned if they do, damned if they dont.

It just doesn't seem like having to make these decisions is anything anyone would choose. I'll bet the UK ambassador to Australia is having a tough time right now! We can just imagine it...

"'Struth mate! You're not sending the bugger back here. He's about as welcome as a dingo in a maternity hospital!"

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Confirmed: Julian's 2nd request for bail is successful and he's now out on bail.

BBC now covering the story LIVE

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Excellent.. may thread has come back around.
Stars on me haha.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Sweden or the US might try extradite him though. I wouldnt be happy about this, especially if he went to the USA as he could face a lengthy prison sentence.

Id like to see people stand up for him, after all he is trying to stand up for the people. Thats if he isnt a fake like some suggest. My opinion is that he is a genuine guy.

Thanks for the thread OP, its been a handy place to keep track of whats been going on.
edit on 16-12-2010 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeopleParty

Much welcome and thank YOU.
If he ends up here I can gaurantee you I will voice my opinion.
As I've said before, my dad was a political cartoonist during the Clinton era. He hasn't done any in ten years, but I'm older now and we are working on some pro WL one together. I will post them here as they are finished/published. Also you can bet if he ends up here, I will be out on the streets with signs, and in the alleys with spray cans.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Yeah saw him walk out of court earlier...

Here is a video

Link

His speech upon release was cool.
edit on 16/12/10 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Assange just said in a telephone interview to British Channel 4 News that one of his sources of information had informed him that someone will make an attempt in the next 24 hours to subvert the course of justice.

Has Assange been tipped off to a planned attempt to kidnap him?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

He'll be dead or in jail within a week I'm sure.

Either that or he will score a massive victory and governments and 3 letter agencies the world over will never again try and deceive us and we will have nothing but transparency and honesty from then on.

I hope the first really doesn't happen....

And I KNOW the second wont.

Oh well.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join