It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange free. Granted bail

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by EvillerBob

I strongly strongly doubt Julian is a flight risk, there is already a Code Red out on him through Interpol. Julian Assange does not strike me as a man without conviction or conscience.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

well, see now he's in real danger.

1. Before he went to jail no one knew where he was. He jumped from house to house and never allowed himself to be captured.
2. In Jail, he was under CCTV 24/7 to ensure he wasnt harmed in prison.

NOW, he's out in the open, he's probably being followed and he must report to a jail every day at 6pm.

He's now an easy target for a CIA style snatch and grab.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by EvillerBob

I strongly strongly doubt Julian is a flight risk, there is already a Code Red out on him through Interpol. Julian Assange does not strike me as a man without conviction or conscience.

I agree, though perhaps for more tactical reasons.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Assange needs to seriously lay low until he can leave. The CIA may consider him a threat, but let the man live, geez.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

That is terrible news

They`re going to kill him. There would be too much explaining to do if he died in custidy. Assange wanted to be protected. It might not even be a suspicious "accident" that gets him. If it happens,..we can`t just let them get away with it....

I think Assange has happened upon some really damning information.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

The founder of whistle-blowing website Wikileaks, Julian Assange, has been granted bail in London on conditions including cash guarantees of £240,000. But he will remain in prison pending an appeal against the bail decision lodged by Swedish prosecutors.

Source

They are keeping him locked up.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

I was under the impression Assange was the one who requested a solitary cell. This was also so he could get limited computer access, unless the details changed since they were released.

A court can confiscate a passport if the person they are dealing with is not a citizen of that country, and has the means / resourcea available to flee the country. If he were a citizen of the UK they could still collect his passport again if he has the resources or means to flee the country.

The attacks on private business by wikileaks supporters runs contrary to their stated goals. Its the act of a bunch of cowards to go after business who choose not to support Assange and his goal. Please provide evidence that these business were "forced" to shut down anything related to Assange.

It cracks me up that people will bitch about illegal actions of the US Government, yet justify ilegal actions in support of their own cause.

Assange is a twit who needs to go to jail a long time for his crimes, either for the sex crims or the illegal release of classified information. Anyone hacking into business on behalf of Asshat, err assange, should be charged as well for their criminal actions.

Telling the world is he is arrested he will release the insurance file password - By all means lets add some more charges onto it, namely blackmail / extortion.

How stupid do people have to be to to make an argument about law violations and how wrong it is, then turn around and do the exact same thing. While I beleive wikileaks supports these acts by people attacking companies, at least they are smart enough to deny knowing about it or asking for it, since it would move the charges into the realm of conspiracy.

Hypocritical much?

I truly do miss the IGNORE function once offered by this forum. I have gown tired of reviewing the ignorance of the few who choose to think with ignorance guiding not only thier thought process but also the choice of words they use to express themselves.

The fact of the matter is that those exposed via a wikileak release should not have done the things they did or said the things they said that provided for pubic scandal. Indeed, those exposed for these things attempted to use a national security priviledge to enact or conspire to enact actions CONTRARY to ethical legalities or even worse, to perform actions CONTRARY to thier OATH to defend ad uphold the American Constitution, or to criminally enact operations that VIOLATE ESTABLISHED LAWS.

When will these people finally understand that point?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

I for one am glad the ignore function is gone. It allows people who perceive the world through their very own rose tinted glasses to be foreced to see the other side of the argument. While condeming the US for its actions in illegally obtained documents, that were the illegally passed on and illegaly dissemintated to the public, is not journalism, or whistel blowing. Its a dangerous act from a person who has gone on record stating the reason he has done what he did is "for revenge on the US", and not the humnitarian reasons he claimed.

I guess that makes him just like the US government, a liar??

There are enough threads supporting Assanges actions. For a group of people who want transparency, and hail assange for his efforts in that area, I find it hypocritical that you make the argument you want to ignore the other side of this argument and the people who dont agree with assange or his actions. So we are suppose to sit here and let people post support threds of assange, and ignore those who disagree with assange.

intresteing.... and yet not suprising at all.

The truth is found in ALL sides of the argument, not just the side you agree with, while attempting to silence or remain ignorant of the other side.

I think Assange, and his supporters, should learn what the defition of transparency is, and practice what they are preaching to the world.

Absent that, coupled with the continued attacks on companies who dont support assange, attacking anyone who disagrees with assange, makes your cause no better than what you accuse the US of doing. Committing illegal acts in an effort to silence a group who disagres..

Gee this sounds familiar... I am almost positive its the same argument assange supporters have used against the US.

Running your own agenda, maniuplating the information to support and justify your actions, while condemning others who disagree.

Just as this side of the cause blames the US of.

Funny how it comes full circle, only to be ignored with the argument to silence people who disagree. Just remeber, you tug on your leash to hard, and they will hang you by it.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Well, the problems is he is not free yet when you look at the latest updates. I posted an article here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Are those rose tinted glasses the reason you never responded to me a few pages bacl when I shut down your every point?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by C64Warrior

Yeah, but the updates have been posted here several times.
At the time of the posting it appeared cut and dry since then we have all followed it and posted the news.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I saw this on the news this morning. I was happy for Assange but he still has to remain in jail for a minimal of 7 days. His lawyer seems worried, Sweden seems as if they will do ANYTHING to keep Assange behind bars.

Merry Christmas to Assange, hope he can get back to work soon.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I can respect a person's advocacy on the Devil's terms when it apears that it's in a manner of showing the fish there's an upstream route too. However, I'd hate to be the one standing near the street in front of the big building all by myself holding the sign of alternate reality exposing my protestant take on what the big building represents without at least showing some public self respect by wearing a suit and tie.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

What part of WL has nothing to do with Anonymous don't you understand? WL nor Assange called for the attacks. What 'supporters' do is beyond their control. So why blame WL? WL made strong statements against the attacks and made it clear they do not support the effort. What more could they do in a situation that is completely out of their control?

And you keep using illegal to describe something he has yet to be charged with. If it's illegal, charge him! In fact, it's become well known they are having a tough time doing just that. Making new laws to retroactively charge him does not mean he is guilty as charged. Ex Post Facto laws are unconstitutional and prohibited in the US. You can turn him into a criminal all you want but you end up being no better than the others calling for the head of a man that hasn't been charged with a crime.

This is why this situation has turned into something more than WL or Assange. It sets a dangerous precedent. If they can get away violating Assange's rights, they can also get away with violating your rights. All one has to do is look past WL for just a moment to understand the severity of this case. Obviously, some people can not do that.

washingtonexaminer.com...
edit on 15-12-2010 by Cablespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Julian is innocent till proven guilty, and thus, like any human with accorded rights, he deservedly walks free.

But Julian is no ordinary person, for he had exposed the tonnes of lies done behind mankind's back, and such exposures had definately shakened the world.

Many of those in power would loved to silence him, mostly out of ego, loss of pride or even loss of job for their own negligence, and not out of any crime Julian had committed. He is only a messenger, just as many other journalists around the world had done, and faced such intimidations for merely exposing truths without fear or favour so that corrections be made.

Julian still hold tonnes of secret leaks, therefore those are his insurance for his life. TPTB have no choice but to let him live, so that the other info that may be even more damaging to their rule would be worse.

The masses would not want Julian dead, and had helped and praised him for his courage and awakening us up to what's been happening in the silent halls of power.

There is enough information for mankind to act on, to hold those resposible for deprediations against humanity accountable, for their lies, their half truths, their actions, which had robbed wealth from the common man as well as freedom, and also indiscriminate loss of precious innocent lives.

Julian is one of us. He had done his job. Mankind has no need to know the rest of the secret information he holds. A human life is more precious than anything else. Truths will always prevail one way or another, and no one must be sacrificed. He should walk away with his head held high and deserve to live his life just as any other human on Earth.

But the ones who will want him dead with come from the middle group - the ones who had lost their pride, wealth and job. These animals have no scruples in the first place, and have nothing to lose, such as the hypocrite morally corrupt Saudi princelings, the warlords of africa, the negligents staffs that were responsible to keep secrets, etc.

It could be the milkman, or the newspaper boy who will be the one to silence Julian, despite the layers of security provided for him, made easy by the UK's court conditions for bail.

A new surgically enhance face and identification papers will be a better help for him to live this precious life now. He is an innocent man, and do not deserve the death sentence for revealing the truth, just as many other courageous journalists ( a dying breed today) had kept mankind inform....

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by Bunken Drum

He's not out though, and won't be for another 48 hours, and even then he won't get out if the Swedish appeal is successful. As of this moment he is still in HMP Butlins hotel.
Indeed. I've been a victim of the changing info the OP has mentioned.
Still, if you think a prison is a hotel, & many people seem to, my advice to you is to never do anything that could be construed as political in the UK, outside of supporting 1 of the 3 main parties. If you dont know, let me assure you that the 2 parts of the Public Order Act contain enough "catch all" definitions of offences that you can basically be locked up legally simply b/c a copper doesn't like you. You'd then become uncomfortably aware that, whilst a British prison no longer looks like a Dickensian hell hole, ie it'll have a nice coat of paint & your cell should have a toilet & washbasin, nevertheless, b/c of staffing levels vs overpopulation, you will be pretty much left to rot.
I've been in 3 jails & my work puts me in hotels regularly. I've yet to discover a hotel in which I cant get out of my room except @mealtimes, where the food is of a tasteless & dubious nature & that the only thing between me & random acts of violence & cruelty by the other guests & the staff is looking like the kind of badass you'd best not annoy. Check the mirror. How badass do you look? Got any visible scars, teeth missing, or height & reach advantage?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

HMP Butlins hotel was nothing more than an old joke, ie where they send you for a holiday when you are naughty. I have never been, nor do I ever want to go. I know people who have, and I know from what they say that they're not too nice. I think the joke stemmed from the whole "luxuries" thing a while back that prisoners seem to have it all inside (big TV's, Playstations etc)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Alright Assange, way to go. Obviously Assange has some really, really good stuff that hasn't been released yet to the media.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Yep.. When I posted he was set to be released. Then it was announced Sweden could appeal. Then it was announced they weren't going to. Then it was announced there was a big error in communication that turned out to be that they WOULD in face appeal. So who knows now.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by RussianScientists

Yep.. When I posted he was set to be released. Then it was announced Sweden could appeal. Then it was announced they weren't going to. Then it was announced there was a big error in communication that turned out to be that they WOULD in face appeal. So who knows now.

That's the beauty of ATS though GogoVic, all of us were going with breaking news as it happened, I watched the news on TV in the UK last night and there was a more clearer picture of what's going on, it looked a bit mad outside Westminster court, with a few celebs and many people there in support of Julian, I personally think Julian having people of 'so called' "celebrity status" certainly helps him, it gives the MSM more things to report on and shows Assange has support...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join