It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this website a retreat from the sheeple around you for anyone else besides me? If so please enter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
"A third problem faced by the gifted is learning to suffer fools gladly. Hollingworth notes:
A lesson which many gifted persons never learn as long as they live is that human beings in general are inherently very different from themselves in thought, in action, in general intention, and in interests. Many a reformer has died at the hands of a mob which he was trying to improve in the belief that other human beings can and should enjoy what he enjoys. This is one of the most painful and difficult lessons that each gifted child must learn, if personal development is to proceed successfully. It is more necessary that this be learned than that any school subject be mastered. Failure to learn how to tolerate in a reasonable fashion the foolishness of others leads to bitterness, disillusionment, and misanthropy [3, p. 259]."

a quote from
www.prometheussociety.org... Outsiders.html

which is a group of high IQ folks trying figure out how to get along in the world...

My personal solution to high school was to take my GED and get early admission to college. The adviser who accepted my application said: 'One of the problems academically bright students have is emotional immaturity. That doesn't seem to be your problem, so I will ok your early entrance.'

In the movie 'A Beautiful Mind' the protagonist quotes one of his teachers as saying he was born with two helpings of brains, but only half a helping of heart.

Find your heart, and that will help you find the door to people and places where you feel comfortable and you can engage all your talents.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join