It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this website a retreat from the sheeple around you for anyone else besides me? If so please enter

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

Well I don't think the motto's lame

But anyway, I do listen to people, i'm open minded but skeptical, good advice,

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Keep at it. You are the future.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
reply to post by thoughtsfull

yea, a lot of the stuff realeased by wiki leaks is shocking for normal people but we ATS ers don't even bat an eye at it!

Sorry was trying to say that the people around here fundamentally believe in conspiracies and actually respond to the ones they perceive as threat in the real world.. So a lot of what we chat about on ATS it is kinda accepted knowledge and it really makes people pretty boring to chat to, as all the respond is "and?" so in that regard ATS is much more interesting

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Sheeple, what an amazing description for them lmfao
S+F

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
Urgh... You didn't... just...

Yep, you somehow threw this site's lame motto into the mix.

Look, if you want some serious advice just listen to people - even the ones that you think are totally ignorant. Everyone knows something different. Maybe you could somehow learn something off the ones that 'aren't as bright'. You'd be surprised at what you can pick up from them. A lot of crap you have to sift through, though. Still, it gives you an idea of what some around you might think about the current world.

I have to agree here.
I used to get extremely frustrated about "The Ignorant People" around me.

But i realised most of them simply dont want to share their private often half formed thoughts with anyone,but when they do share those thoughts it can be very enlightening and sometimes makes me feel like the ignorant one.

Answer to #1 No
Answer to #2 Not anymore

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

That is because they are fed kool aid and think the only thing important is weather they are going to get some beers tonight and hang out and do stupid stuff.

I would recommend browsing around and reading some interseting things here and make note to any strange things going on around you. Worst thing you can do is tell people that you go to conspiracy sites like this one.

I told my fellow colleague about this site and got my chops busted for about a year.

Last week he was asking me about one of the post on the site and I said. Oh you go to that site. He says well I find some of the stories interesting I go and see here you are busting my balls and your still reading a year later. he was like ya kind of funny. I'm like ya funny not.

Like 4 guys at my work are on the site now that admit to it anyway.

Stay alert..

Stay alive.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Excellent mind you have at 16 my brother.
And a John Lennon song? Star+

reply to post by SaturnFX

I agree 100% with you said Saturn, It's all about balance. I used to not really care about the ignorance or really concider that bad that most kids in high school cared about partying and drugs, getting some, doing school work, hanging with friends, listening to music, playing sports and playing video games to be worrying about wordly problems.

It's good someone your age OP^^ is realizing how the world is, But it's actually really sad. Not much we can do right now except lay low and educate. Learn how to survive from nature it's easy to garden, there are a lot of great cures they keep from you because they want you to go to pharma.

If any disease outbreaks happen in your community reccomend collodial silver. Try not to read about the war, and make sure your parents and family don't watch the media the gov is gonna be feeding you. It's just gonna scare them. The economy will probably collapse soon or alteast be devalued to the point that if they keep pushing inflation it will be too expencive to live here, it wouldn't even be WORTH IT. lol. I like having access to this WEB we call the net because it PWNS a 60000$ loan for a piece of paper that means #. I'll print my own diplomas, mad diplomas, We should start giving ATS diplomas Haha Jk. But ATS people should mask up, Anonymous, 4Chan, Wikileaks, Underground communities, Music people and meet up... Talk about important things, ways to choke the system. Ways to create servers that they can't watch or trace, Learn ways to survive without spending much money and basically lift the overall tone of the wind. The air has so much static I've had it.. I wish I didn't exist I'd rather not even see so much foolishness. Man is still as war hungry and idiotic as an ape. They just got better at it LOL.

Be easy though, remember too much conspiricy will make you paranoid and maybe delusional. The closer you get to the truth the more you're going to want to act like it's Jihad. But you can't. It's better to ignore the system instead of feed it your attention and time. You're 16! Play sports and get laid my dude! Burn a L sip a brew
LOL terrible advice to be giving, but I'm just tryin to warn you, a lot of kids don't really want to talk about it, unlesss they wanna stick it to the man as well. I have a hard time educating my family how EVIL TPTB Are and how the apocolypse is made up but everyone believes it so they will pull it off. and I could prove its all a lie. But i'd be an antisemite, antiIslamist, and antichrist... So I'd probably get spit on, beaten and crucified LOLOL jk, Jesus already did that, I'd rather go out standing then begging on my knees though. If they start putting people in Fema camps it might be too late. And God favors noone. If GOD was real he would have someone over the vatican and slay teh pope and paedo preists. Oh and why would he need to give birth to himself to be crucified to forgive everyone for the sins they havent even commited LOL The real people who could change the world would be assasinated the moment they got a crowd. Maybe even by the angry mob. That's what people do. They get uncivilized and wanna just fight everything. We are kinda doomed not by anything but outselves. i might even go live in the woods soon, Build me a lil cabin. No technology. Just a book to write and the garden of Eden.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
TO THE OP

I think this thread is a great example of that there will never truly be a retreat

Ego plays a huge part here. Negativity will always rear its ugly head.
Be careful of people on here who's only intention is to lead you down the wrong path. Be way. Trust noone. Always verify sources.

I like to think of ATS as an ESCAPE from normality and the mundane, and as an eye to the universe.

Like you, i often feel isolated. I often deal with bitter feelings of why is it just me? Why can't they see it too? Why wont they listen? Why don't they care? Am I crazy? Sometimes I get feelings of well screw you guys, your on your own.
DO NOT DETTACH YOURSELF FROM YOUR REALITY. Branch out within your community, you will find at least one other person like you. Remember that many have not chosen this path because they simply do not see it.
BE THE LIGHT.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
For me this website is a way for me to interact with like minded people and to obtain information on topics that are usually not available from the mainstream media. Ignorance is all around us and even here.At 16 you're at such a wonderful age. At 16 I was so passionate and determined to make this world a better place. I participated in protests and littered my school with fliers of information which almost got me expelled. Parents weren't too happy with me trying to educate their children on real topics, like the hypocrisy of columbine and what was the real reason behind Clinton's impeachment.As I got older I started to lose some of that passion and discovered that people or as you call them sheeple*snicker* don't really give a damn about life beyond their own. I have discovered though that just because they condemn or ignore doesn't mean that some of that infromation is not sinking in. Soon I'll be going to my high school reunion and I have been contacted by people who told me that at the time they thought I was a loony but know realize that some of the things I talked about make more sense now. Never give up your passion and realize that all ignorace is is the llack of knowledge. Now stupidity is a whole other topic.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I feel a sense of injustice from many people, I feel that the real secrets are kept hidden because people are not ready for them, and when it comes to education and ignorance, be proud that you are intelligent, they might not see knowledge of world affairs and even otherworldly affairs as relevant to their day-to-day lives, however, looking into these things helps to expand the mind, and the imagination.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

You really have to define ignorant better.... do I find blind people outside, absolutely... ignorant, yes... but no different than on ATS...

Most post without even putting in the most miniscule amount of searching or researching, giving ATS a bad name by making us look ignorant... ATS has a search button

I will admit that when I joined, I was already reading post here for about 8 months... and I found the amount of intelligence a relief as well... but then you start to notice that its no different than the outside world...

I can only really describe ATS as Alternative News and Alternative History with one more difference, basically the intelligent members on here just have a lot more common sense than most.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Nevermind.

Delete as needed.
edit on 9-12-2010 by InertiaZero because: Clearly, it wasnt worth it.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

XxRagingxPandaxX,

Keep at it young man. You need to know though that you'll be going against the "flow". It has never made me popular and very few have become so. Those that do lead a rugged battle to educate. Find the right way and walk in it, you may seem to be alone at times but you are not. I'm 79+.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
SF I wish I would have found this website when I was your age. Although now I am 28 and sit back and watch our young friends become enlightened.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Welcome aboard.

I am considerably older than you and I find this board - often enlightening, often individuals pushing their own agenda, often just curious. There is a spectrum here and you seem mature enough to sort out the wheat from the chaff.

If I am honest - it is the spectrum, the range between a person going off on one - to actually find that the person could be onto something - that makes this site so fascinating. When you find the golden nugget [and they do exist on this board] then it makes it all worth it.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Its not just Ats ..I find jems all over the web ...like this .......peace MK: The word for ‘negative synergy’ in my opinion is collusion. Collusion is pre-meditated price fixing and market manipulation. Synergy means ‘happy accidents’ and ‘the whole being worth more than the sum of its parts.’ Collusion is corrosive and it feeds on itself in the face of weak governing institutions that have allowed themselves to be deluded by collusion’s siren song of ‘economies of scale,’ ‘productivity,’ and ‘market efficiency.’ Synergy is essentially anarchistic like Linux, P2P, Creative Commons, PirateBay, and Flash Mobs. Collusion was warned against by Adam Smith in “Wealth of Nations.” Synergy was predicted by philosophers and poets who heard America singing. Collusion is choking the life out of our grand experiment of democracy. Synergy, like seeds scattered by the wind, needs the fertile soil of a few imaginations to spontaneously erupt into a spiritually satisfying burst of color, light, and cognition. Synergy is love. Collusion is hate.

Max Keiser

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I use it more as a way of roughly keeping track of whats going on in the world as no television , no newspapers and weak mobile reception so web access hit and miss... Find ats an interesting site with people posting some intelligent, interesting and at times humerous views/theories..

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
My entire family are sheeples's - good people basically most of them but sheep all the same. Over the years I have talked to those closest to me about how I feel about things such as Govt., religion, etc. It went thru one ear and out the other. So I reached out to the younger set - same thing - they were only interested in the drama of their youth - they don't listen to the sheep or the non sheep. I gave up after my last quest of explaining to my daughter why I am agnostic. They all just think I am a little mental and escentric and go on their bah bah way. So yes to your question - ATS has become a retreat for me from the sheeple of my family. Some but not all of my friends feel as I do but I moved a year ago and its difficult meeting people of like minds.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I spent half my life time as a teacher. Odd, I saw the same thing in classes, inflated ego's and the overall effect was like having somewhat intelligent cattle in pens, highly predictable. That said, there was always the small minority, at times very small of true people within the flock. Yup, it is hard to live with this, the controlled but now and then you see a spark of true individualism and hope stays afloat.

By the way, being as I am, it did not put me into the most popular class of teachers like couches and such. LOL and yes this is an escape.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
So i'm 16, I go to highschool and i'm surrounded by ignorance, self inflated ego's etc. The kids could tell me who's going out with who and the latest gossip and who went to what party, but none could tell me what's going on in the world, none think past there day to day life, sheeple, sometimes I feel like i'm in a sheep pen.

But this website reminds me that there are people like me out there, that the world isn't totaly ignorant, that there are still reasonable people out there.

Daily meditations help but as soon as I get out of the house and do daily activities etc. that feelings harder to hold onto.

Any ways this website has helped me so mch so cheers to ATS

So I have two questions for you guys...
1. Is this website a retreat from the ignorance around you for you too?

2.Is it frustraing for you too to have so much ignorance around you?

In answer to your questions, my answers are yes, and yes. I am way older than you, 57 my last birthday. but I see through some of the same eyes that you see through, kids of today are so blinded, and so tunnel visioned I am surprised they can see anything at all. In my day, before the advent of cell phones and I-Phones and X-Box, and all the other distractions, we would sit around and do two things that do not seem to be done anymore. Talk, and Read. The Evening News was just that, today it's more like a "show" designed to entertain. ATS is the place where I get the real news, from real people who do not have an agenda, and are not getting a large paycheck. I use my computer for research and learning new things. I have never in my life played a computer game, the closest thing was playing "Mario Brothers," and Legend of Zelda" on my kids Nintendo. We have a standing army with which to take over the world, if we can just get them to pay attention!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join