It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this website a retreat from the sheeple around you for anyone else besides me? If so please enter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
reply to post by Whine Flu

ausome you come in the thread read two words and a number and respond to my op like a dumb ass i'v got nothing against you man but at least read the op before you make stupid comments.

And if you don't care then why did you take the time to reply?

Anyway to not derail the thread too much you don't have to reply to this.

Ask stupid questions get a stupid answer. Deal with it.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Now now, don't put words in my mouth. He's a bright 16 year old. I'm not much older than him. Hell, I think we're still trying to find ourselves, but goddamnit there's no answer to ignorance.

Well, the way you used those 'abbreviations', if you can call them that- says otherwise. Honestly I think it was just mean. You know the saying- "It's not what you said, but how you said it." Well, read between the lines of your post. But, I do get where you're coming from...You can't start hating the world at such a young age. Although, I did & I'm still not bitter. I just think that life could and should be different- not a constant struggle.

To actually answer his question, though: 1) No, I don't use this site as a retreat from real people. 2) Nope. You have to accept that even you are ignorant to a certain degree.

Now that I can agree with. None of us know all the answers and I think we do all go through life being ignorant to some extent. And yes, we must accept that some people are slower to realizing these things than others.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

But according to you, you didn't read my question so how could you have known it was stupid at the time you posted?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

When did I say I hated the world? Whine flu came in here to troll and said that, please don't believe him!

I definetely don't hate the world nor did I say that.

Or did I mis read your post?
edit on 9-12-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I had a very similar experience to you. I lost interest in school and screwed the system as much as possible, through loop holes and clever wording i was able to start my own class, free of teachers and play video games for 12 school hours a week. As for my experience with the worker bees at school...The 'smart' people were too focussed, without any sense of balance or as my dad put it "not well-rounded". The 'dumb' people were always happier, though you had to remember vocabulary wasn't their strong suit. I felt I could slip between the two groups, depending on my mood. But then a strange thing happened, I began to give up on my intellectual side. No one wanted to hear facts, or interesting pieces of news, no one wanted stimulating conversation. They wanted laughs, and I excelled at comedy/story telling. So I hid part of my true self behind this and played a role. Then the role became my life, and the moments of being challenged to think withered away. I assuaged myself with the secret knowledge that I knew more then I let on. But sometimes my friends would get out of line and i would smack them down secretly, snickering to myself when they couldn't figure out what I had said. That is until one night, while drinking, a friend said the stupidest thing, "Ted Rogers bought Canada from Steven Harper!" I lost it, describing in length how deeply wrong and misguided he was in his beliefs in one fell swoop.

My point being, that after said explosion I learned that you just need to be true to yourself regardless of the idiocy you may see at school or in life. Try to open a few minds and maybe you'll be lucky and someone will be just like you. But don't be pushy, people get irrational when you show their beliefs and assertions to be false. ATS is a perfect example of this.
edit on 9-12-2010 by the cynic jester because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
No, not so much It is kinda hard to have a decent chat with anyone around here since most of the things we talk about on ATS are kinda accepted knowledge by the people around here! and the only response I tend to get when I have finished trying to start a conversation about conspiracy topics is "and?" so ATS is far more interesting..
edit on 9/12/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

yea, a lot of the stuff realeased by wiki leaks is shocking for normal people but we ATS ers don't even bat an eye at it!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

No- you never said that. But I guess that's the message he got. I'm just saying that I agree with his point of not getting bitter about the world so young. I guess he's just giving you some tough love. Take it for what it is and think of it as a learning experience. You're gonna have to deal with many different types of people in your life (says me that's only 23, lol) and you have to handle it in the correct way. I've learned that you can discuss certain topics with some people and others....well, you just have to leave them be and let them figure it out for themselves. The truth is what it is, and that doesn't change. An opinion is also just that, an opinion. You've just gotta pick your battles.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu

ausome you come in the thread read two words and a number and respond to my op like a dumb ass i'v got nothing against you man but at least read the op before you make stupid comments.

You're not only making this thread and ATS worse, but looking like a twat while doing so.

Run along now...
edit on 9-12-2010 by NewWorldDisorder because: lol

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Yes my friend this website is an island away from the mainstream. I feel you! Many people i talk to in my day to day life just don't get things. They are either worried about the new movie out, what they are going to make for dinner, or any number of meaningless things. I am amazed by how many people are not informed about the world and the different viewpoints. It seems like they just don't care or it's too hard for their brains to comprehend. Either way, it's nice to know that there are many out there that question and think about things. And because of this this website is a godsend! Good luck on your journey of information and know you are not alone in your quest for answers and a higher knowledge.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldDisorder

thankyou, whine flu is trollin

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by the cynic jester

Yeah, people always seem to look at you like you're crazy when you start a conversation about something that's actually intellectually stimulating. It's like people don't want to think anymore... I guess it's because their lives and minds are so cluttered with day to day stress. Maybe the system is designed to make people feel that way. After all, our mind sets are the only thing that keeps society going.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by the cynic jester

Yeah, people always seem to look at you like you're crazy when you start a conversation about something that's actually intellectually stimulating. It's like people don't want to think anymore... I guess it's because their lives and minds are so cluttered with day to day stress. Maybe the system is designed to make people feel that way. After all, our mind sets are the only thing that keeps society going.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Good thread.

Personally I don't use ATS as a retreat, I use it as an alternative news source and take 80% of it at face value. It's interesting to see what a tremendously wide variety of people have to say on popular topics, especially when they're also covered in the MSM.

And I think the common answer you'll find from anyone here is "Yes, we hate ignorance!"

I mean, 'Deny Ignorance' is sort of the slogan.

S&F!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by gator1177

Thankyou, I encourage all truth seekers like you and me to wake people up through example.

Good luck on your journey friend!

Hope to see you around the boards!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
If some sorry bastard hadn't stolen my wonderful Border Collie I wouldn't still be awake and certainly wouldn't be on this thread...... I think the expression sheeple started wearing on me about 5 years ago and I stopped using it..... The stuff I have seen the last few times I've seen here has been hard to stay focussed on because of all of the hate and trolls... I hope I can find my dog... The more I am around people or try to communicate with them, the more I appreciate the company of a good dog....

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

Well I certanly hope you find you dog! But don't give up on people, there are many good people out there!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldDisorder

Originally posted by Whine Flu

You're not only making this thread and ATS worse, but looking like a twat while doing so.

Run along now...
edit on 9-12-2010 by NewWorldDisorder because: lol

lol, yep, and you're making it better.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   

yea, realizing when someone is trolling on a site with the slogan deny ignorance is a good thing, he's denying ignorance!

edit on 9-12-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: spelling

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Urgh... You didn't... just...

Yep, you somehow threw this site's lame motto into the mix.

Look, if you want some serious advice just listen to people - even the ones that you think are totally ignorant. Everyone knows something different. Maybe you could somehow learn something off the ones that 'aren't as bright'. You'd be surprised at what you can pick up from them. A lot of crap you have to sift through, though. Still, it gives you an idea of what some around you might think about the current world.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join