It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this website a retreat from the sheeple around you for anyone else besides me? If so please enter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
So i'm 16, I go to highschool and i'm surrounded by ignorance, self inflated ego's etc. The kids could tell me who's going out with who and the latest gossip and who went to what party, but none could tell me what's going on in the world, none think past there day to day life, sheeple, sometimes I feel like i'm in a sheep pen.

But this website reminds me that there are people like me out there, that the world isn't totaly ignorant, that there are still reasonable people out there.

Daily meditations help but as soon as I get out of the house and do daily activities etc. that feelings harder to hold onto.

Any ways this website has helped me so mch so cheers to ATS

So I have two questions for you guys...
1. Is this website a retreat from the ignorance around you for you too?

2.Is it frustraing for you too to have so much ignorance around you?

edit on 9-12-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: had to add to tiltle, spelling

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Don't get discouraged, and remember that there are inteligent good people in the world!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Hi X,

S & F.

Firstly, you are amazingly mature in your thoughts.

Yes, this website is an escape from ignorance.

Here you will find people of opposite beliefs to you, some of whom label you an enemy (why take the trouble), and some of whom agree with you.

Whatever happens, people here are interested in what is happening in real terms.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Being of above intelligence, I always found it hard to care about the day to day when I was younger.
This lead to rec drug use, skipping school because it was boring and slow, and a bunch of other disaster moments in my life.

I can't say I was much of a conspiracy theorist in my earlier years..but I was a thinker and I found it difficult to even talk to my friends about things that I enjoyed discussing.

It is of course easy to discuss the day to day trivial..I have no problem "going down to their level" and discuss who is the hottest, or what new music coming out is cool, etc..but It was a lonely feeling that very few could "move up to my level" now and then to discuss more profound things, like philosophy, or science.
There were some of course..but so very few...and frankly, the "nerds" seemed to lack any social ability and ultimately were about as fun having as a friend as a stick.

I think what I have learned overall is balance. you will never have a wide group of friends that are all on your level. You will have plenty that are your "trivial friends"...some that are amazingly intellectual that you feel your always learning from (aka, you are one of their trivial friends. heh)...and if your lucky, you will find one or two that is roundabout your level...able to discuss whatever (science, conspiracys, spirituality), and occasionally discuss "the game" or the new gossip..

too much of any one thing becomes dull and unhealthy. Find your balance.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Thankyou,

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
i lyk lisen 2 tool man and lyk every1 lyk duznt get h0w da wurld werks and lyk they cant xcept dat were all lyk vibrationz n stuff nd lyk i kn0 i saw ths uf0 1nce but lyk no1 beliefed me nd lyk i want 2 sm0k grass bt the man w0nt let me bt its k i d0nt need peeps im self suff nd lyk i hav ths van n stuf bt i fink the man is tryin 2 get me n stuf u dnt need peepz c0s dere all closed mynd n stuf lyk u wudnt belif

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I suppose your right, moderatin is the key,

But I feel for ya man, right now at high school I look around and see ignorance but I realise that there are other people like me out there and that I just have to remember that.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

I don't quite understand your post.

Are you making fun of me or?

I feel like i'm missing out...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Sorta making fun of you. Just grow up to be bitter and hate people. That's probably the best way of going about life. Show people how idiotic they are by smacking them 'round the head with a crowbar.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

It is of course easy to discuss the day to day trivial..I have no problem "going down to their level" and discuss who is the hottest, or what new music coming out is cool, etc..but It was a lonely feeling that very few could "move up to my level" now and then to discuss more profound things, like philosophy, or science. There were some of course..but so very few...and frankly, the "nerds" seemed to lack any social ability and ultimately were about as fun having as a friend as a stick.

Well I guess people like us, who feel this way including the OP are a special breed all on our own. There are more of us than we think and every day I seem to attract these types of people and conversations. I would like to think that I bring these characteristics out in people because I am like that myself. It's very seldom that I fully engage in trivial conversation and I don't have many girl friends because of this.... As a girl, it's kinda weird getting along with mostly guys but they seem to be the only ones who actually get fed up with our daily lives as slaves to society. But growing up, I am now 23, I do not feel intimidated by those who have the best and drive the best- Now, I just laugh at them inside because I know that life is about so much more than being cool and having people like you in a superficial way. If I have 'enemies' I like to think it's because I am an individual who has not given up who I am for the sake of others liking me. It's kinda fun and keeps life interesting.

Cheers to the OP and all the other 'Black Sheep'!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

have you not read any of my posts including the one right under the op?

straw man much?

I'm not bitter and I think it's halarious how you think thats where i'm heading, i'm the very opisite of bitter actully, try not to judge people you've never met in your life man.

Cause you got it wrong hard core this time.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX

have you not read any of my posts including the one right under the op?

straw man much?

I'm not bitter and I think it's halarious how you think thats where i'm heading, i'm the very opisite of bitter actully, try not to judge people you've never met in your life man.

Cause you got it wrong hard core this time.

To be totally honest, no. I didn't read it. I don't care about straw man fallacies and I don't care if you're bitter or not. I don't care about judging you either.

Really, I stopped reading the OP when I read "So I'm 16". A lot of the people you're going to surround yourself with at high school are going to be ignorant as hell. I know, it's painful to say this but you're gonna have to get used to it. Nothing's going to change.
edit on 9-12-2010 by Whine Flu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX

So I have two questions for you guys...
1. Is this website a retreat from the ignorance around you for you too?

2.Is it frustraing for you too to have so much ignorance around you?

edit on 9-12-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: had to add to tiltle, spelling

1. Absolutely not- the amount of ignorance on ATS is just as astounding as in real life.
2. Absolutely

edit on 9-12-2010 by xynephadyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

ausome you come in the thread read two words and a number and respond to my op like a dumb ass i'v got nothing against you man but at least read the op before you make stupid comments.

And if you don't care then why did you take the time to reply?

Anyway to not derail the thread too much you don't have to reply to this.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

So just because the OP is 16 you feel the need to mock them and fit them into the stereotype of 'stupid teen that can't spell for sh!t'....? The OP is young and trying to find him/her self. Did you not go through that stage of not feeling like you don't fit in?

Sorry but not every teen's life is about getting wasted and rebelling. That is the point the OP was trying to get across.

link   
I don't know if I consider ATS to be a place where the ignorance of man is removed. I still find plenty of single-minded individuals who don't really have a solid understanding of what is going on roaming these boards. But I do find the occasional gem of a person who really seems like they've tapped into something greater than themselves and is now trying to genuinely relay an important message to the rest of us. So, for every ten Light-blinded Love-soldiers belting their Awakened-opinion about Unity, I do find one deep-thinking philosopher who knows what he/she is talking about.

We're really just like a larger high school in that respect. You have cliches, like the Unity-group, and the Christian groups, and the Messiahs, and the Matrix-group, etc. I'd like to think we're just a little bit more organized than your average high school.

Anyway, good luck finding your truth and getting rid of your ignorance!

~ Scribe

link   

Yes this is a good place to escape to. There are a lot of sheeple out there who follow the masses so they can enjoy the bumper guards in life. Then there are people who can think outside of the box and see the sheeple for who they are. Yes ignorance is abundant in this world no matter what race or creed you are and all you can do is agree or argue with them or in my case I just ignore them. Kudos to you for thinking outside of the box.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Ya I guess I can agree with you, the prediction threads and the "i'm Jesus and I have reterned" threads are kinda funny!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
This is most definitely an escape. I've always been interested in things like Nostradamus, Y2K, government cover ups and the rest. It always seems like people around me aren't. I think I really started in my teens but now I'm in my mid 40's. I've changed locations 3 times in my life and am always making new friends but it seems not many people are interested. People are more interested in getting their 40 ouncers or how much gas costs. For news they rely on CBS,NBC, ABC or their local paper and even with that they don't really pay attention. At least here there are like minded people from many different backgrounds. I've learned a lot since I started hanging out on this site. I do get really bored with the pi$$ing contests but that is present on any message board.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tripple_Helix

So just because the OP is 16 you feel the need to mock them and fit them into the stereotype of 'stupid teen that can't spell for sh!t'....? The OP is young and trying to find him/her self. Did you not go through that stage of not feeling like you don't fit in?

Now now, don't put words in my mouth. He's a bright 16 year old. I'm not much older than him. Hell, I think we're still trying to find ourselves, but goddamnit there's no answer to ignorance.

To actually answer his question, though: 1) No, I don't use this site as a retreat from real people. 2) Nope. You have to accept that even you are ignorant to a certain degree.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join