It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What melee weapons would you choose for when the SHTF?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JDBlack

Don't go with a Katana unless you hve some sort of practice with it.

It's too much of a precision dependent weapon to be useful by the unskilled.

Get a nice big sword, knife, machete, axe, or hammer and learn how to use it.

If you're really smart, a pole arm like a spear, or even a naginata is better.

In a melee fight the only thing better to have beside skill and reflex is distance between your opponent.

I don't know if I could win in a knife fight, but I'd be using my sword and some of the techniques I've learned.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Grnlishi

Well I'm glad to see someone is going green while letting blood.

Second line
edit on 8-12-2010 by Miraj because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Oi, Unless Nibiru (joke) messes up her sister, the sun will be around for MY lifetime.

Solar powered weapons all the way.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWatcher11

Good one!!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JDBlack

I don't disagree with the training, But can you actually use them against another human being?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

as for my self yes, have i defended my self yes, have i killed no, but was close, ruled self defense.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

We did the blow guns come from? What have you used them for? Why a machette on a farm? What have you used it for? Slingshots I'll give you. Crossbow.....really? Used for what?

I knew it would be hard for folks who've never lived on a farm to understand!

#1: We bought the blowguns at a Bass Pro shop years ago. They are very accurate and very deadly. The biggest things we've killed with those are rats and bunnies. Doesn't matter, we know they work and are deadly. Just have to shoot 'em at a bigger target.
#2 Of course a machete! We have to chop switchcane and briars and vines! We have miles of fencing for cattle that has to be maintained. But we also use them to kill snakes and other vermin. That's what they are for, utility purposes. Once again, we know they work and are familiar with them.
#Crossbow & compound bow: Hunting, of course. My husband and son never fail to get at least one deer apiece per year with their bows. Don't you realize there is a primitive weapons season open each year for hunters? We also have about 5 black powder rifles that are used yearly.

Really, you have to realize that there are still lote os us who live pretty closely to what our froefathers did. I love my internet and modern conveniences, but I could survive just fine without them!

We are still the people who are raised to survive on the land. Big gardens, cows, chickens, weapons, hunting skills. We are not ignorant uneducated people. We are college educated citizens who have never forgotten that we ourselves are responsible for our own survival!

As to that, for those who say that it's all just talk when it comes to defending our homes and property: I would advise you to tread lightly if you come my way when TSHTF! I was raised to shoot accurately and understand that I have to stand up for my family. I don't look forward joyfully to that time, but I know I won't puss out if called upon, either!

edit on 12/8/10 by jennybee35 because: spacing

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
What melee weapons would I choose for when the SHTF? hmm..
Elbows, teeth, fists, knees
Hammer, pruning scissors, pick, machette, crow bar
socks filled with rocks to a sharpened tooth brush..
Could be here a while - you use whatever you can find at the time that does the most damage.. or you die

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

That's what I'm talking about!

2nd cuz I have to

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
You do realise this is an entrapment thread to get you to provide enough ammunition for someone to come round and arrest you!? -I have seen this exact thread on GLP a while ago, and that is run by the Tavistock agency as a psyop.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

I can't see what difference it makes. I didn't list any kind of gun, other than black powder, and I can't see them being very worried about my having to load one shot at a time!

Besides, do you really think you have any real secrets left? If they wanna know something about you, they already know it. It is very difficult, if not impossible to hide gun and ammunition purchases, even if you think you are being sneaky. So, I don't run my mouth about what I have, but I don't go into paranoia overdrive, either. Life is much happier for me that way!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
You do realise this is an entrapment thread to get you to provide enough ammunition for someone to come round and arrest you!? -I have seen this exact thread on GLP a while ago, and that is run by the Tavistock agency as a psyop.

Haha, well if owning garden tools, limbs & socks and rocks are a crime they can come get me

Ill have a big fat sock waitin for em.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

Please drop this subject. This is not a consperacy forum and black powder guns aren't illegal as far as I know. I want this to be just about melee weapons, however I have no problem with people talking about other things that they will use after ammunition runs out for regular guns. and in reply to people talking about raiding stores and never running out of ammunition, you will be far from alone in that beleif and will probably have to fight to get your ammo (causing you to spend ammo).

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

In respose, using them against people is just a mentality thing, and trust me if I have survived long enough to run out of ammo bringing myself to kill people isn't going to be my problem.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

That is nice, however I was speaking idealy. If it came down to it, I to would use anything and everything.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
A Bagh nakh ( "tiger's claw"), a machete, and a bat, and it's ON!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

very nice, concealability is important. I would also probably feel comfortable with a pata or a katara, but I would like to gain more experience with them first. However what would you use as a primary. (vs. a sword weilder you might have a problem)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by stucoles
Ahem.Yeah ok guys, is this thread for real?

Since this is a weaponry forum on ATS, then yea, it looks pretty real to me. ATS is for the discussion of mainly alternative topics, no? No reason for the snide comment, if you don't like alternative topics, this is NOT the place you would be looking to post.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
A lot of things can be deadly used the right way. Pull a knife and you may get the wrong end of a shovel from an opponent. You don't have to buy weapons. You probably have plenty of self defense in your shed or even kitchen. You could drop someone with a blender swinging by it's cord. Someone with a sword wouldn't want to deal with someone with a bush axe. If you need to survive an attack, anything goes.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

Thank you. I was begining to feel alone in the defense of this thread. What would you use?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join