It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What melee weapons would you choose for when the SHTF?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
So.. after TSHTF, we'll just continue to go on as violent animals hacking each other away?
What's next, wait for TS to HTF again, after TSHTF, and again, and again ? lol

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by stucoles

only if you want to stay alive when the SHTF, and need to fight, fend for or eat.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jaden_x

sad to say but yes what you have is what some one would kill you for, there would be no asking, to many selfish people out there, yes there will be some that what to make a town or a fort, were everyone shares what they have as a community, food, supplies, and aid, need to see water world and the road warrior to see what i am talking about.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
20" Tomahawk

Indeed, the Tomahawk missile has 20" diameter:

en.wikipedia.org...

I doubt that it's handy in close quarters combat, though.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
value creates violence.
if i said to you, "my machete is better than yous", you would try to kill me for it.
but if i said, "our machetes are of same value", we would both walk away.
things are just peachy right now, and we'll already talking about who has the better weapon for when things go bad. we're a species hauling ass towards extinction.
question is, who can live the longest?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

no not that tomahawk a throwing hawk, 20 inch handle with 3 inch cutting head like an ax, but not as heavy, Dixiegunworks.com

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JDBlack

We have blowguns (wicked darts!), machetes, slingshots w/ballbearings, crossbows and compound bows, and plenty of redneck ingenuity!!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jaden_x

how true, but greed is an other, so is the lack of know how, i have asked a lot of people about the SHTF time and i was shocked, stunned as to the reply's i got from not wanting to see the end days as to doing them self in, to killing for the sake of killing, this guy did me wrong so who will stop me if he is not dead yet and if he is then i might kill him again, to i will kill to get me by, take from you them by any means, i my self am not looking for the SHTF days but sad to say we are close, just a matter of when. it will be sad days.

edit on 8-12-2010 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

177 to 25 cal slugs work better, thought i should let you know, if your going to do it do it right. I would not say redneck but the will to make do with what you have. and know how to make use them.

edit on 8-12-2010 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I believe we'd all be dead if shtf... at least if you lived in a major metropolitan... I feel TPTB would just nuke all the major cities around the world, just for control and power.... If not nuke flatten, etc... Basically use our technology that we helped develop against us.

So all this talk about against each other, It be more important to remember why your at that point in the first place.

And work together for the common good... duh.
edit on 8-12-2010 by TSAisaSCAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Wasn't this topic pretty well thrashed out several months ago on the survivial forum?
2nd.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JDBlack

Rope and a small handsaw or axe.. that's it... with either of those three I can rule the world... well if the SHTF and I'm the last to run out of ammo. With the rope and either of those tools I can make any melee weapon out there. And with just a handsaw/axe I can begin the process of building just about any kind of melee weapon. Hell with either or I don't even need a pocket knife...

BTW you wanna live in the lap of luxury and build your own kingdom if/when the SHTF... steam engine! That's right, it can power a generator non stop, they're easy to build and the world anit never gonna run out of wood and water. The only bad news is the belts that would be required... But if you can find something to kill and salt their skin... you have unlimited belts.... Seriously... steam engine for when you run out of gasoline will be the only true miracle that allows mankind to maintain some semblance of normalcy if things ever turn ugly.

--Charles Marcello

edit on 8-12-2010 by littlebunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TSAisaSCAM

And work together for the common good... duh

Well, obviously if we were able to do that, we wouldn't be here discussing what to do when TSHTF!

It's a sad state we are in, no?

edit on 12/8/10 by jennybee35 because: forgot to add dang quote!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

I can tell that you have never lived in rural Louisiana!

I'm a girl, and I can guaran-dang-tee you that I have used all of the weapons that I have listed, many times. When you grow up out in the country on a working farm, you learn to do ALL kinds of thing! It's great!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The most powerful weapon is:

Stop living in fear. War and fighting has never solved any problem. The one thing that the Powers that were know how to do well is fight people who are fearful and have guns. We are not talking having daisies in your hair, but don't give in to the fear and anger that they want you to have.

When TSHF, find out what you can do to make things better. Start now with your neighbors, know who they are, start building your savings account of friendship, not guns or money.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

only if you want to stay alive when the SHTF, and need to fight, fend for or eat.

Please elaborate, I'm I missing something. Or is it just an American thing?
To my knowledge the excreta has been hitting the fan since the dawn of man. in one way or another.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Costume made High tech spray canister filled with acid, cvx and sarin [15meter range] and I can gar..in..damn...tee ya that All this D&D stuff is entertaining but foolish when you encounter a real survivalist.
edit on 8-12-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

you are mostly right, it is the 1too2% that know how to make, use and service there weapons, i will tell you that i am a member of the MMW, Mountain Men of the Wasatch, i would like to put our web site in this post, for you to see, but i am not sure if that is ok with the mods.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

survival, that is what man does, if he wants to, if not, the he his dead plain and simple.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join