It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What melee weapons would you choose for when the SHTF?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

I lived in Salem VA. I understand people using traditional hunting gear, riffles, bows, but the stuff your talking about, along with katana's ect. I think your all full of it

"We have blowguns (wicked darts!), machetes, slingshots w/ballbearings, crossbows and compound bows,"

We did the blow guns come from? What have you used them for? Why a machette on a farm? What have you used it for? Slingshots I'll give you. Crossbow.....really? Used for what?

You have used each of these items against something living? and I'm not talking about a tree.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
A pogo stick.

Boing.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by xiphias

Good one.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by true-life
The most powerful weapon is:

Stop living in fear. War and fighting has never solved any problem. The one thing that the Powers that were know how to do well is fight people who are fearful and have guns. We are not talking having daisies in your hair, but don't give in to the fear and anger that they want you to have.

When TSHF, find out what you can do to make things better. Start now with your neighbors, know who they are, start building your savings account of friendship, not guns or money.

Not to be to overly cynical, but… you can have all the friends you want but if I have the guns and the will to use them, you and your friends will do whatever I say...well those that are alive after I put an end to all the, can't we all just get along... bang bang... yes sir right away sir... nonsense I’ll have to straighten out first.

Seriously, that is simply naive... Humans are violent creatures, all this talk of being anything else is us humans trying to become something we're not... We ARE VIOLENT CREATURES... to even suggest differently is a dangerous lie. Hell I even wrote a poetic prose about it...

--Charles Marcello
edit on 8-12-2010 by littlebunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I'd use this,

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by littlebunny

Interesting point of view. I'm not sure right, but I'm certainly not saying your wrong either. I think if you look at the majority of human population we are not violent. I think the majority would not pull a Ghandi and not do anything if provoked. However I don't think the majority would act out in violence. You hear more about viloent people, because that's more "news worthy".

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
1. My wits.
2. My legs. i.e. flee
3. Whatever is at hand at that moment.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

It takes an extreme amount of self control to not be violent, instead of instant reaction. Violence happens every day, everywhere... we only hear about it when it's outside the norm or on nationally slow news day. Think about how many people you've hit, for discipline or just for fun... whether that's fighting or playing with your friends... but more importantly... pick up a history book.

The only reason we humans get to play this game of non-violence, is food and water aren't that hard to come by... but also, the balance of power between those in government and the people is so on the side of government. So that helps people not be "normal" as well. I'm not saying its not something we can't become, but it sure as hell aint something we are.

--Charles Marcello

edit on 8-12-2010 by littlebunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I have my trusty 60" inch spade shovel and my trusty 20 ounce framing hammer. i can kill you, box you, and bury you with them

no really

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I would use my.......

Mutton Dagger

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
If TS really does HTF, it's going to go everywhere, so what you'll need is kitchen roll, disinfectant and - if you can find them - some rubber gloves. Hammers and crossbows won't really help.
edit on 8-12-2010 by Robert Reynolds because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Gladious has 2 edges, and people will run out of ammo. If weapons regress to flintlocks swords will once again be useful. Spears can be used for hunting as well as for defence. Also machete's can be used for many things, on farms as well as if you live anywhere near the woods. And again STOP POSTING IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE THREAD. IF YOU DON'T TAKE IT SEREOUS GO F*** OFF.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Robert Reynolds

ok I'll bite.... why the Kitchen roll?

2nd line

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by littlebunny

To clean the fan and quite possibly the walls.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

damn it... that was funny... I should've known

2nd line

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JDBlack

I take it seriously. You can say ALL these weapons you want. First of all, where you getting them? Secondly who is teaching you how to use them properly? Lastly, can you actually use them against another human?

If you post something here, don't be offended if someone questions you, just be prepared to answer some questions?

Just curious, what grade are you in?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Joking around is fine, as long as your not an asshole about it. And anyonewho thinks melee weapons, are a joke and wants to put them down, put them down calmly and clearly.

Also, I feel the need to point out that melee weapons are mostly a backup, not as a primary until the ammo runs out.
edit on 8-12-2010 by JDBlack because: wanna ad information to the post

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JDBlack

First off I have enough knives to go around a belt on my waist including 2 13 inch bowie knives and about a 4 foot sword. My question to you is why do I have to run out of ammo? In my surrounding area I have 2 gun shops and enough walmarts and kmarts to supply an army. Thats right just get you a posse together and loot the stores. Not many people are going to think to goto walmart for their guns of course until now that Ive said something. Most people couldnt bring themselves to do what is necessary when the time comes. Your either with me or your against me. CountryTruck will be posted on all my vehicles so if you see me join me or leave me alone, and why is no one talking about their cars/trucks your going to want a good fourwheel drive, thats all I own.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

Ok, I am a freshman in collage, and I own a gladious, hatchet, machete, and have had some training in weapon use from martial arts. I know I'm not very good with them, and I need to practice more, however, some skill with melee weapons would be useful if the SHTF.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Machete anyone?

2nd line. Solar Powered Chainsaw.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join