It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown New Planet near the Sun?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

i sed SOHO not sdo...yes the moon whatever was captured on sdo, but its not on soho, which i have now discovered, i believe it is the moon, now that i know about the sdo, and its inclination which would explain why the moon looked to be on an eliptical orbit when in fact its just the tilt of the telescope....also with sdo being closer to earth thean soho that would explain why it cant be seen on soho...i get it....its the moon ok

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
reply to post by Arken

the link in this thread shows a large circular object near the sun way back in october of this year...same object?

abovetopsecret.com...

The "object" in the video in the post you link to is dust on the image sensor. It's visible in the EVE MEGS-SAM data since it first came online. I even emailed the principal investigator in charge of the EVE instrument and he confirmed they believe it is dust on the sensor.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorderif it were the moon we wood have had some type of eclipse

Not true. Have you seen how small the shadow of the moon is on the earth during an eclipse?

It's something like this:

That's why solar eclipses aren't visible from everywhere on earth, because the shadow only hits a small path.

Thus, a satellite orbiting at 36,000 km in altitude (which is almost 3 times the diameter of the earth itself) will experience eclipses that are not visible from the surface of the earth.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I came across your post as I was going to post this very topic. Does anybody know if its occurred today? Very interesting indeed since nasa has no comments to say about this, as well as this topic has had NO media attention (so what are they hiding right)...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bestof83

NASA has comments about this. In fact, they posted that this would be happening the day before it happened:

sdoisgo.blogspot.com...

There will be a lunar transit tomorrow that will be visible by SDO.
When: 2010-12-04 02:45:22 UT

There's even a video in that post that shows what the transit would look like.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

They got the date wrong in that post. They got it right when they originally posted about it during last month's partial eclipse seen from SDO.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Proof that it was not the moon right here:

And so it begins

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

More than enough proof that it is the moon has been posted.

The size difference of the moon in the two difference is explainable because the moon varies in distance from the SDO from about a low of about 327,000 km to about 442,000 km. And the angle is going to vary because the SDO's orbit is inclined with respect to the sun and so is the moon's.

The posted a video of exactly what the transit would look like two days before it happened:

sdoisgo.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
Proof that it was not the moon right here:

And so it begins

Sorry, that is no such thing. It WAS the moon. I made a steadier video of SDO's view of the sun based on its orbital elements here:

I've also been debating Mr. VonHelen and his only fall-back seems to be to accuse me of lying, which I am not. Anyone can verify everything I've done. There's nothing odd about the size, it was farther away from the moon on this transit and made a more glancing pass, there's nothing odd about the angle either; due to SDO's orbital motion in an inclined orbit it makes it look like the moon is circling the sun before the pass, so virtually any angle is possible. You can clearly see that in my video. You can also see how it goes from negative ecliptic declination to positive during the course of the eclipse, proving it SHOULD have been seen to go from "down to up" during the eclipse.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

It was half the size of the moon...

Any angle fluctuation should be within 1 degree not a difference of 45 degrees...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor
The size difference of the moon in the two difference is explainable because the moon varies in distance from the SDO from about a low of about 327,000 km to about 442,000 km. And the angle is going to vary because the SDO's orbit is inclined with respect to the sun and so is the moon's.

To add to this, by my analysis the October 7th eclipse had a moon distance of about 362,480km from SDO. During the December 6th eclipse, it was about 398,170km from SDO. The October eclipse also took the moon deeper into the sun's disc than the December eclipse, which I also verified in Celestia.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

It was half the size of the moon...

Any angle fluctuation should be within 1 degree not a difference of 45 degrees...

It wasn't half the size of itself.

Let's use ncghunter's numbers, 362,480 km and 398,170 km (both of which fall in my stated range) and calculate the sizes:

In the first transit, the moon is pretty close in size to the diameter of the sun. Let's call that diameter X. So we know at 362,480 km, the moon subtends this distance X. The total distance subtended by a circle of radius 363,480 km is 2,283,812.2 km.

In the second transit, the moon appears smaller in diameter. Let's call this diameter Y. This would subtend a proportionally identical distance (since the moon itself doesn't change in diameter). The total distance subtended by a circle of radius 398,170 km is 2,501,775.9 km.

Since the proportions remain the same, we know that X/Y= 2,283,812.2 km/2,501,775.9 km Or X/Y = 0.913. Or, in other words, the moon in the second transit should be about 91% of the size of the moon in the first transit. So let's look at the sizes (click the pics for full-size versions):

The October 7th transit, circle is 416 pixels wide:

The December 16 transit. Circle is 376 pixels wide:

Amazingly enough, 376 is about 91% of 416!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Those pictures look nothing like the real footage...

There is no point doing maths with imaginary numbers...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

I used the exact same images off Helioviewer that the guy in your video did.

Let's see your images and measurements proving a bigger difference in size.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

And as for my pictures looking nothing like the footage in your video, here's a capture from your video:

And mine:

And your video:

And mine:

Nothing alike, huh?

edit on 10-12-2010 by nataylor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Probably just someones finger over the telescope!!

Or its a fake pic.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 30thjan1933

This guy caught the images from SOHO SOHO SOHO! omg

"This large object in this video did indeed come from the "SOHO" satellite and not "SDO". I was fortunate enough to capture all of it before it was censored. There is a large campaign of trolls pushing this on other channels for obvious reasons. Plus, you will notice this large planetoid object cuts right through our ecliptic. It does not follow the same ecliptic plane as our other planets, and it's on a diagonal path.

This object is not the Moon. I can't be since the SOHO spacecraft is approximately 1.5 million kilometers away from Earth (about four times the distance of the Moon), in the direction of the Sun. There, SOHO enjoys an "UNINTERRUPTED" view of our daylight star.

This object can't be Venus or Mercury either. Just look at their positions with respect to the Earth and Sun on 12/7/10."

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

reply to post by 30thjan1933

This guy caught the images from SOHO SOHO SOHO! omg

No he didn't didn't didn't. The AIA camera is specific to SDO. SOHO's EIT camera only takes 2 images per day, one at 1:19, one at 13:19 and that's how it's been for months. This eclipse occured exactly as it should have according to the orbital elements of SDO, elements with an epoch of a day before the eclipse, not lied about post-eclipse to fit some explanation.

Edit to add: I just noticed your source is Jcattera. He's a known hoaxer and liar who has already been exposed on ATS.
edit on 10-12-2010 by ngchunter because: additional info

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

wow...i admit i'm interested cuz there have been a lot of threads about things coming from the sun lately.. the thread where there seems to be ships hanging out, this, a few others with are current.

sorry i have nothing to contribute intellectually but from my perception something seems to be headed our way?

i don't wanna wait till 2012 to see this..

paying attention and thx for the thread,

d.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Since you found yet ANOTHER LIAR on YouTube...congratulations!!

You've spurred me to go over there, and post a response to that jerk....either he's delusional, and doesn't realize what sources he is looking at....OR he does it on purpose. Shame, if it's the latter, but hardly surprising.

The "terminally gullible" of the world will always be easy pickings, whether by charlatans, or other equally ignorant people...all sheep to flock together.

Of course, when he/she wakes up, the UTuber will probably delete my comments, anyway. THAT is why UTube is a farce. You cannot properly debate the crap that gets posted, there...when the "channel owner" just deletes, or blocks people who don't agree with the garbage being put up. AND, you can't post links to information sources, in rebuttal...to educate. You can post "response" videos!! Bah!! What a shame, the stupidity that spreads, over and over again.....

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join