It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown New Planet near the Sun?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by indianajoe77

explained by whom exactly? ats'ers with zero credentials regarding soho telescope aparatus?!
this is no lense, or part of the telescope! its not the moon either, nor is it mercury or venus and i will post links that proove it is neither.

what u seen on this video has been seen before back in october i will provide a link to the thread i made with the object in it.

line of sight : www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com... the actual footage

ill insert my link to my thread which shows this thing back in october....

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
i like to moon theory...only 1 question which will help in closing the case for me...in that close up/reflection photo of the said planet..why i cant see meteor impacts/craters in the moon?

I'm not sure if that is sunlight reflecting on the Moon's surface. That light could just be camera glare (i.e., glare from the bright sun refracting in the SDO camera lens optics.)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

the link in this thread shows a large circular object near the sun way back in october of this year...same object?

abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

or more likley the light from the sun reflecting on the planet..if u look closely u can see that it isnt perfectly spherical ie there and bumps and things, which discounts it being part of the soho telescope where it would be extremely uniformed and spherical...and the reason we cant see craters is cuz it aint the moon.

if it was the moon then why did soho remove this snippet of data...if it was venus or mercury why remove it? if it was a part of the equipment then why remove it?? utter nonsense

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
its not the moon either, nor is it mercury or venus and i will post links that proove it is neither.

It IS the moon:

Best to view the video fullscreen at 1080p on youtube directly:
www.youtube.com...
This shows what SDO saw from its position in orbit when looking at the sun from the end of december 5th through the partial eclipse on December 6th.

what u seen on this video has been seen before back in october i will provide a link to the thread i made with the object in it.

How does that disprove it's the moon? It happens quite often with SDO; it's in a high altitude orbit around the earth, so it can often find itself in the moon's shadow at some point in its orbit during the course of a month. I guarantee you if I went back and checked previous instances of this happening it would show the same thing as above.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

and the reason we cant see craters is cuz it aint the moon.

You can't see craters because it's backlit by the sun. Any light reflecting off the earth-facing side is far too dim to be picked up in this image. You can see the rough edge which is caused by craters at the limb of the moon.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

im not getting what some programme is showing me...u can clearly see a huge object pass by the sun, if it were the moon we wood have had some type of eclipse, secondly the moon isnt on an eliptical path , its on the same plane as us and all the other planets, this object went UP the screen not across, and if it was merely the moon then why have nasa removed it from the soho data?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

reply to post by indianajoe77

explained by whom exactly? ats'ers with zero credentials regarding soho telescope aparatus?!
this is no lense, or part of the telescope! its not the moon either, nor is it mercury or venus and i will post links that proove it is neither.

line of sight : www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com... the actual footage

ill insert my link to my thread which shows this thing back in october....

First of all, your first video shows the position of the SOHO spacecraft. The images were not taken by SOHO, They were taken by the Solar Dynamic Observatory (SDO). As has been said before on this thread, the SDO is in Earth orbit 22000 miles from earth, not near the SOHO spacecraft. So that video showing the location of SOHO is irrelevant.

Your second video is also from SDO, even though the person who put the video together said the images are from SOHO. That person is mistaken.

Here is the video in the OP (which uses the same images seen in your second video). You can see in the text in the lower left says "AIA 304". The "AIA" is the "Atmospheric Imaging Assembly", which is the name of the camera on SDO. The AIA can take images in 10 different wavelengths of light. SOHO doe not call its camera the "AIA"

Thirdly, on page 1 of this thread, I already mentioned the fact that this happened before (the Moon passing between the SDO and the Sun) back in October AND in November, in this post here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 12/9/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

granted that it was not on soho....however it must have showed up on soho otherwise its a very big coincedence that they have no data between, the times it was seen on the other.....but really?....coincedence...i doubt that highly

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

im not getting what some programme is showing me...u can clearly see a huge object pass by the sun, if it were the moon we wood have had some type of eclipse,

Wrong. SDO is 37,000km above earth; just because SDO experiences an eclipse does not mean the earth will. Earth was off to one side when this happened, only SDO got to experience the eclipse. The computer program is showing you what SDO would have seen based only on its orbital elements and the date. This information is completely verifiable. If this computer program is showing the moon cross the sun then that is what happened, the moon crossed the sun.

secondly the moon isnt on an eliptical path , its on the same plane as us and all the other planets, this object went UP the screen not across,

The moon is on a slightly elliptical orbit, but that has nothing to do with why it crossed the sun at an angle. You can clearly see it cross the sun at an angle with respect to the equatorial grid in my video as well. That is because SDO is orbiting the earth in an inclined as it watches the event, causing parallax, and the moon itself is orbiting in an inclined orbit as well. Any inclination will cause satellites to appear to travel "up and down" in declination over the course of their orbit, and the moon itself is a natural satellite with inclination.

and if it was merely the moon then why have nasa removed it from the soho data?

It was never in the SOHO data. This is SDO, not SOHO. SOHO never saw this because SOHO is not in SDO's orbit.
edit on 9-12-2010 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

im not getting what some programme is showing me...u can clearly see a huge object pass by the sun, if it were the moon we wood have had some type of eclipse

The SDO is in orbit 22,000 miles up, so it would see different eclipses (transits of the Moon in front of the Sun) than we would see on Earth itself.

secondly the moon isnt on an eliptical path , its on the same plane as us and all the other planets, this object went UP the screen not across

probably because the spacecraft is tilted.

and if it was merely the moon then why have nasa removed it from the soho data?

SOHO is about 1 million miles from the Earth and Moon. From its vantage point, it can't take a photo with both the Moon and the Sun in the same frame.

EDIT:
I see ngchunter explained these points, also.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

but sdo is on a geosynchronous orbit with earth so surely if it saw an eclipse we would have....

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

it was on soho but has been censored...if you check the times 0300hrs to 0325 thats when it appears on the sdo....punch in the same date on soho and amazingly the time frame is not there....now u tell me....coincedence?? or was it never caught on soho but it just cut that specfic time out for absolutely no reason? lol

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

but sdo is on a geosynchronous orbit with earth so surely if it saw an eclipse we would have....

No, not at all. SDO is 37,000km above the earth, that's how high a geosynchronous orbit is - that's 2.9 earth diameters! In the computer program I used you can see earth off to the side and if you put the camera at earth the eclipse disappears.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Not true. 22,000 miles is far enough away that the SDO would see different eclipses than we would see.

For example, this year there were 3 partial or full solar eclipses seen on Earth (which is 8000 miles in diameter). However, NONE of those eclipses were visible from where I live. Similarly, the SDO saw an eclipse from its location 22,0000 miles from Earth that Earth could not see.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

it was on soho but has been censored...

No, it was not.

if you check the times 0300hrs to 0325 thats when it appears on the sdo....punch in the same date on soho and amazingly the time frame is not there....now u tell me....coincedence??

SOHO's EIT imager only takes 2 photos per day (one at 1:19 and one at 13:19). That's how it's been since SDO started full operations. Why would you expect there to be a photo taken in that 25 minute time span? This was the moon passing in front of the sun, there would be no reason to schedule a special image during that time from a satellite at the L1 point.
edit on 9-12-2010 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

well its actually 36,000 km at 102 degrees west at an inclination of 28.5 degrees but we wont split hairs

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

what?? if u go to nasa soho website and watch it in movie mode it shows full 24hrs of footage, i dont know where u are getting this 2 photos per day info....now if you go there and put in that date watch the full 24hr footage u will see that at thet time...there is no footage but the rest remains....

plz visit the link and see for yourself

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
ok ok its the moon.....i give up ciao

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

what?? if u go to nasa soho website and watch it in movie mode it shows full 24hrs of footage, i dont know where u are getting this 2 photos per day info

The EIT imager takes 2 photos per day, one at 1:19, one at 13:19. I don't know what movies you are watching, but SDO has taken over high cadence images of the sun at the wavelengths EIT used to be used for.

At the end of 2010 July, EIT has completed fourteen and a half years of synoptic observations of the low corona. SDO AIA images at much higher resolution and time cadence are now available for all the EIT wavebands, and three other EUV wavelengths as well. The telemetry bandwidth that has been used by EIT will be used by LASCO to improve the cadence of its observations of the fastest CME's. EIT will continue to obtain a couple of "synoptic sets" of images in all four wavelengths per day to track detector behavior, and to maintain the uniform data set.

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join