It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Toy Robot that Brought Denver to it's Knees!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by akkad

Then we are definately in trouble because Lorne Greene is dead, and Dirk Benedict is shot!

(showing my age)

What we need are the Cabbage Patch Dolls to take on these nefarious robotic villians!

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers unite!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
And somewhere in Denver some young child is crying because he or she can't find their toy robot. Good grief - can we say "over reaction" boys and girls?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LibertyLover

Now imagine if you would, all the kids in the area that might have the same toy! Who then go frantically looking through toy boxes, under their beds, play rooms and back yards to find theirs and to make sure it's safe.

Now they are probably afraid to let their robots out of their site, and the next thing you know they go to school with it and end up in a secret prison in Bosnia!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Awesome Proto!!

Wouldn't it have been even better if a bold 4 year old wandered up and picked it up and took it home, while the "authorities" looked on in wonder!

I was informed today that a suspicious suitcase was removed with much fanfare from my old building. Apparently it sat in the lobby for several days unnoticed, but when somebody finally took notice, panic set in, and overreaction ensued as usual.

Remember when "bomb threats" were pranks, toys left behind were sad for losing kid and euphoric for the finding kid, suitcases turned into authorities came with rewards and gratitude, and you could still get groped by your boss on your way up the corporate ladder instead of groped by a stranger on your way to see Grandma.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Ah the good old days, when the first thing we would have done is run around the corner with the suitcase to check it for dirty magazines, or valuables. (sometimes considered one in the same)

I can just see some swooning admirer of the Bomb Squad officer cooing "Oh you're so brave!"

Great post my friend.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Well written and funny as hell. I needed a good laugh! You have to admit that Mr. Roboto does look very menacing indeed.

I probably would have pulled my ray-gun and let him have it.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

Kind of a shame though considering the laugh is on us, considering we have borrowed and spent billions maybe even trillions preparing for the dangers of Mr. Roboto.

Something that hasn't escaped just about everyone posting to the thread as so far only one member has earnestly felt blowing up the toy was the prudent and safe thing to do.

Now we know Dick Cheyney has an ATS account!

Thanks for posting

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
KILL IT!
KILL IT NOW!!!
THROW FIRE ON IT AND SMASH IT WITH BRICKS BEFORE IT GETS US ALL!!!!!

Thats all I have to add for now

(is it dead yet?)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

But what if it has anthrax in it, and a electronic shielding device that sends the bricks back at us at thousands of miles an hour?

We should just nuke it.

Sorry Denver!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Pretty soon you won't be able to walk down the streets with a child carrying a toy!

Well, that child might have a bomb in his mouth. So perhaps we'd better take the child out to the bomb range and blow him up.

Just in case.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

I hear El Queda is working on a new explosive device that looks just like nose hair, and will be inserting it via nose hair weave into suicide bombers!

The TSA is already gearing up to shave the inside of all passenger's nostrils!

Thanks for posting my friend.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Great post the new times of terrorism is upon us. Thanks to quick response Denver was saved! I've been around for some time now and the nazi goverment controll is being played out every chance they get. Back in the days my kid would be pretty upset that he /she lost their toy. Going to be hard to stop this steam roller effect of the public control of manufactured terrorism in this country. If its your turn its your turn I always say. Star ang flag for this one!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero
Wowzers!!!

I hope we arent in any risk of robot attack, here in the deep south!!!

He just looked like he was up to no good. That dastardly robot!

PROFILING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( we all know that's BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( because they told us on da teebee).

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thorg
Great post the new times of terrorism is upon us. Thanks to quick response Denver was saved! I've been around for some time now and the nazi goverment controll is being played out every chance they get. Back in the days my kid would be pretty upset that he /she lost their toy. Going to be hard to stop this steam roller effect of the public control of manufactured terrorism in this country. If its your turn its your turn I always say. Star ang flag for this one!

Thanks my friend, I think many of us feel like Rachel Corey as the State's bulldozer flattens us into oblivion in it's quest to gain total control, and divide us into fearful and angry camps who are more prone to disparage one and other than the government.

I want to believe if we just keep pointing out the absurdity of all this and to make the high drama they are trying to manufacture into the silly comedy it is, people will eventually wake up from the stupefied state the media and government has led them too.

If not, see you in the camps!

Thanks for posting my friend. Glad you enjoyed it.

link   
I don't understand . The Robot is clearly white, not black or Arab colored.

What ever happened to good old fashioned racial profiling.

link   
Dear God! My kids have entire rooms full of "suspicious objects" !!!
Should I call Homeland Scrutiny? the police?
What if my kids decide they want to blow up grandma?
I need a psychiatrist, stat!

Great storytelling there Proto!
And send that guy from the bombsquad a medal.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

Originally posted by InertiaZero
Wowzers!!!

I hope we arent in any risk of robot attack, here in the deep south!!!

He just looked like he was up to no good. That dastardly robot!

PROFILING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( we all know that's BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( because they told us on da teebee).

I don't think they were profiling, the robot looked lily white to me!

Where is GI Joe when you need him?

Probably ran off with Barbie again!

Poor Ken.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
I don't understand . The Robot is clearly white, not black or Arab colored.

What ever happened to good old fashioned racial profiling.

Evidently he was seen earlier that day in a Mosque and leaving the Russian Embassy, and upon a computer check had a unpaid parking ticket!

When you add all those things up...

Nuff said!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Dear God! My kids have entire rooms full of "suspicious objects" !!!
Should I call Homeland Scrutiny? the police?
What if my kids decide they want to blow up grandma?
I need a psychiatrist, stat!

Great storytelling there Proto!
And send that guy from the bombsquad a medal.

You know I was really a bit bummed when I stumbled across this article this morning and it was just a few hours too old for breaking alternative news. When I thought about it though I realized I could do a real satirical piece on it and probably get it a lot more exposure that way.

I still am having a hard time believing a bomb squad member actually blew the thing up!

I sure hope we aren't the only ones who recognize how patently insane this is becoming.

Thanks for posting my friend.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
On closer inspection he does have very red bloodshot eyes.

So was clearly stoned and under the influence. It could also account for his slow in-perceivable movements. Robots on drugs are known to be unpredictable, and his a-symmetrical frame screams of steroid abuse.

All up, I think blowing him up was the ONLY choice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join