It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Toy Robot that Brought Denver to it's Knees!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Ha! ha! ha! you made my night,....thanks for the laugh!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The reason the cops thought this toy robot was suspicious is because it was cemented to the traffic structure. Otherwise, nobody would have thought anything of it.

It's actually a tougher call to make than most people realize. In Oregon, a couple of cops were killed after they started taking apart what they thought was a fake bomb:

The explosion occurred when bomb technician Hakim, mistakenly believing the device to be a hoax, tried to dismantle it with the help of Tennant.
It's easy for us (and me) to look back in hindsight about this toy robot and laugh, but we weren't the ones whose job it was to put our lives on the line and HOPE that the robot was just a robot toy, and not a bomb planted inside a robot.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

Evidently the Denver Police who are not really normally on the 'front line' of the War on Terror had a pretty antiquated robot of it's own, that upon inspecting this newer compact version reeled and came speeding back howling out...

"Danger Will Robinson, Danger".

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

It's actually a tougher call to make than most people realize. In Oregon, a couple of cops were killed after they started taking apart what they thought was a fake bomb:

Dude this wasn't a fake bomb it was a kid's toy!

I don't know if it's the video games that too many people spend too much time playing, the news media, silent sound spread spectrum, flouride, politicians, or just drama queens who lead to boring of a life or all of the above, but it's a kid's toy!

People just need to get over this rediculous absurd fear we are supposed to be the "Home of the Brave" not people who run in fear of 8 inch children's toys!

Get a grip people!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I live near Denver and I am completely terrified right now.

Was the robot working alone?

Are there more evil robots lurking around ready to kill me?

What rights can I give up to be promised safety from these killing machines?

I do not care to consort with those of the robot race.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
LOL !!! oh man this is outta control these days. So basically all toys this christmas have to be screened b4 being sent home. This war on terror reminds me of the Joker from the 1st Michael Keaton Batman movie. They will be looking for everything but the most obvious of choices.

The war on drugs, the war on terror and the war on freedom are just distractions while the true wars that should be fought by our leaders are ignored. The war on poverty, the war on ignorance and the war on corruption are nowhere mentioned in our news outlets.

Tis a shame when people are so conditioned to concentrate on the illusion that the reality of the "magic" is missed. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me fool me three times, well just kill me. Dammit and the toy robot wasnt even a trasnformer!

Terrorists no longer need to attack the US, the US has strapped itself with TNT in the form of fear and is ready to implode. Shame really, all of this for a NWO which will never have its desired result. Jurassic Park part 1 lays out why control can never be established.

This a semi rant I know or a stream of consciousness if you will but, there is hope. I feel it but cannot perceive it clearly enough to define it. But I know its coming, an opportunity to break free of the chains. The problem isnt tptb, they also suffer and feel fear just with more money is all. But their fears are for the future and ours is surviving the present; knowing full well we cannot survive our past without learning from it.

Peace... oh yeah that robot looks menacing as hell though, still Voltron is made in China and wouldve made more of an impression.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

That whole thread was epic, especially this part:

it meant to do harm with its cheap easily separable parts that could present a choking hazard to the Officers if swallowed

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Killface

We know a couple of key things at this point and I am hoping I am not compromising national security in sharing this.

1. The Robot(s) are Chinese made
2. They are being handed out through Chinese Embassies otherwise known as Wal-Marts to children
3. Children may have left one under your bed, or your sofa, or worste of all withing the throne room itself perhaps floating in the tub.

Be afraid, be very afraid!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by Killface

We know a couple of key things at this point and I am hoping I am not compromising national security in sharing this.

1. The Robot(s) are Chinese made
2. They are being handed out through Chinese Embassies otherwise known as Wal-Marts to children
3. Children may have left one under your bed, or your sofa, or worste of all withing the throne room itself perhaps floating in the tub.

Be afraid, be very afraid!

But what rights can I give away?! I demand protection!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.

That whole thread was epic, especially this part:

it meant to do harm with its cheap easily separable parts that could present a choking hazard to the Officers if swallowed

When you can picture the police officers all down cross legged on the floor fighting over who gets to play with it and sticking it in their mouths it really is hysterical.

I had a lot of chuckles writing this piece, it's a darn shame it's such a sad and troubling state of affairs that prompted it.

Glad you enjoyed and thanks for posting my friend.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

Believe me my friend when I say I share your frustration and concern.

I think it's why we have to all try to committ ourselves to exposing the falacies of the War on Terror as the very un-American and rediculous thing that it is.

Believe me it's really just the corrupt politicians and a small portion of society that unfortunately is a very vocal portion of society that really wants to live this way.

The rest of us just need to become equally vocal.

Hang in there my friend.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Killface

But what rights can I give away?! I demand protection!

That's a very intelligent and perceptive question that shows the kind of rational mind I think it's safe to say those of us in the 'security' business are looking for.

First your paycheck, just endorse it on the back!

Then your car keys, clearly it could be turned into some kind of exploding projectile, and your home too, because well as you know it could have some of these dangerous toys in them.

Once in the camp you will feel secure, trust me.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I hear there was one fatality.

From my newspaper:

"Small pieces may present choking hazard," as one brave officer learned. He was rushed to the hospital where he died shortly after. Another victim to the plague of terrorist activity in America. The officer is survived by his dog "Romper Stomper."

edit on 3-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I suppose no one has seen transformers here. This is serious stuff!! Do you have any idea what a robot can do!! Just look at it!! Its mean and scary looking!! You people should be ashamed at mocking the brave men and women who take care of these threats!!! I hope that the PDs report will show the bravery and courage that it takes to not only engage..but destroy a threat like this!! GO TEAM AMERICA!!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
S & F for giving me something good to laugh about, well written!

I live in CO and remember hearing about the "suspicious package" that had traffic jacked up in Denver. Thank God I was over 60 miles away at the time; I hope that this doesn't happen again, I'm not sure I can handle the mental strain

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

So you're saying it's impossible to hide explosives into a children's toy?
I bet that, if the toy had actually contained anything lethal and the cops would've ignored it and if it then had harmed someone, people would be bitching about the cops not doing their job properly.

Soon people will be ignoring that tiking sound coming from the newly bought teddy bear. They'll even cut the toy open and see the actual explosive device but they'll dismiss it as an extra toy.
edit on 3/12/2010 by DGFenrir because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Oh nooooozzzzzz this is the kind of thing that can happen when chunks hurl!

These officers should have read the original warning that clearly state "Ages 6 and Up"

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir

So you're saying it's impossible to hide explosives into a children's toy?
I bet that, if the toy had actually contained anything lethal and the cops would've ignored it and if it then had harmed someone, people would be bitching about the cops not doing their job properly.

Dude think about what you are saying.

How do we know...

1. Explosives aren't hidden in street lamps?
2. Explosives aren't hidden underneath Restraurant Tables?
3. Explosives aren't hidden inside toilets that will go off when you flush?

In fact using your logic we would have to sweep every thing that the public has access too 24 hours a day.

This was a TOY.

Money was wasted, people were inconveinced and American's were terrorized by their own government because 'some' people are too 'silly' to just go up to a harmless child's toy, and realize, it's a harmless child's toy.

Boy are we in trouble!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMar
S & F for giving me something good to laugh about, well written!

I live in CO and remember hearing about the "suspicious package" that had traffic jacked up in Denver. Thank God I was over 60 miles away at the time; I hope that this doesn't happen again, I'm not sure I can handle the mental strain

I think we could use a few more patently absurd incidents like this to wake up some more Americans and get them calling their representatives and letting these politicians know that we have had enough with the insanity.

Makes you wonder how many stories of 'suspicious packages' are really stories like this, that they just don't want you to know the truth of the absurdity of it.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Oh, I'm sorry. What was I thinking?! Toddlers/dolls don't explode because they are booby-trapped with IEDs but they expode out of joy!

Silly me. There's no such thing as an extremist.
edit on 3/12/2010 by DGFenrir because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join