It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Toy Robot that Brought Denver to it's Knees!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I think I know where you can get a slightly damaged 'as is' model for cheap!

It was originally owned by a little old lady from Pasedena and only driven to church on Sundays it's a bit of a fixer upper but this is one toy that really delivers a bang for the buck.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

hahahahhahhaha, hopefully more toy robots will stage this type of standoff! hilarious...

That's what law enforement gets for lack of technology...

This is 2010, where the F are the handheld x-ray scanners and phazers and flying cars and crap!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Loved this story, cracked me up. If that was were I live, it would of been stolen before the bomb squad arrived.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MITSwagger

Certain chewing gums have the consistency of cement: I've tried scraping it from desks so I know. Or some kind of plumbers glue mommy might have lying around from her beading project...who knows? Children are very inventive.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
maybe it was a robot in disguise....

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Reminds me of one time in Sacramento, CA...the news showed a small suspicious white package left on the sidewalk...the police had the area closed off and brought in robots to detonate the package....
In the news video of this suspicious package, there was a big blue mail box on the sidewalk some 4 or 5 feet away...clearly the package didn't fit into the mail box so they left it by the mailbox and it got kicked a few feet away...

Common sense doesn't exist in the government...they decided to blow up grandma's cookies instead of putting 2 an 2 together

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousMoose

It would seem anytime the goverment(s) get a chance to use these expensive toys they trot them out to do just that.

The government seems to be employing the age old marketing strategy of "If you build it they will come".

It doesn't seem to matter to them that none of the things they find at 'random' to use them on, aren't explosives.

What a world. Thanks for joining in and sharing.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

To a certain extent you can't fault the police for responding to the call and following procedures, you just have to fault the idiots who make up these procedures.

I want to believe that most if not all the responders believed it was just a toy.

The new avatar is awesome, and the Christmas Card amazing, you are one very talented graphic artist my friend.

Thanks for posting.

First of all, I want to applaud your writing style in the OP. It was hilarious. I agree with you with you regarding the idea believing that the creators of these insane procedures are at fault. A few years back my father was doing research for a dissertation involving local fire departments. He was given permission to travel and respond to calls with a handful of cities' fire departments. He told me an almost identical incident involving a very small jewelry baggy with white powder residue being found at a street corner. The unnamed city called out multiple police, fire department, and ambulance units complete with Haz Mat units fully geared. My father, being a retired police officer instantly recognized the "hazardous baggie" as a spent, small bag of coc aine. According to his story every police and fireman believed the same theory. A mass of the cities resources were wasted on legal bureaucracy.

I believe that most first responders realize these events as what they are. They are simply following procedure without considering the waste of resources due to "orders" from superiors. I don't know if that is the right or wrong decision. However, should there reach a point when resources are sacrificed for security it is perhaps time to reconsider homeland security strategy.

From a resource perspective only, this seems like waste.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by My_Reality

I agree that the vast majority of first responders have to know there is nothing to the vast majority of these incidents.

What is plagueing them is what is also plagueing the corporate world, and that's rigid policies written by people who are not on the front lines that basically then allow for no personal discretion on the front line, even amongst supervisors.

This kind of bureaucracy is wasteful across the board, and my own personal experiences with both corporations and the government is that most of these absurd policies are formulated by or with the help of attorneys and then strictly enforced as to not make the organization liable to lawsuits for selective enforcement of the policies.

Increasingly what we find is a ‘slave’ population of workers, and even managers who are so tightly controlled through written policies and legal teams insisting that they be enforced that they literally have no room for deviation except at the supreme risk of their jobs. Which is a risk very few people want to take or will even consider in these difficult economic times and in this tough job market.

I have gotten so frustrated in some of my corporate interactions that by the time I work my way up through customer service reps, supervisors and managers to the level of managers that aren’t onsite at the call centers, I pretty much just come right out and tell them, look let me speak to your attorneys rather than have to waste a day of you corresponding back and forth with them, and then you not being able to address my next round of questions after they provide a round of answers.

Of course they won’t do this, but I am firmly convinced this madness that is hampering, frustrating and endangering us all, while relegating us to a existence of supreme non-influence and no self determination is an overly litigious society where attorneys and department heads, have so conspired to ‘can’ everything down to an always must be followed procedure there is no freedom left in this country except for the attorneys, politicians and corporate heads making all these rules they then use threat of termination or incarceration all down the line to enforce at all times.

It’s a real problem in part created by electing so many politicians with legal backgrounds who basically have codified everything for the sake of their own profession.

I don’t know of a way we are ever going to reverse that as the system stands right now.

Great post, thanks for sharing my friend.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
This Reminds me of !

The Twilight Zone ! Episode

The Invaders!

en.wikipedia.org...

The Twilight Zone S02E15 The Invaders Part 1

The Insanity ! Good Lord!

Good Story OP !

edit on 8-12-2010 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This was too hilarious, I laughed till I cried. Remember this is your hard earned tax dollars at work protecting you from the evil robot invasion. Go back to your homes there's nothing to see here, they have everything under control. Nothing to it.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Finally !!!!!!!

[color=cyan]THE DENVER ROBOT IS POSITIVELY IDENTIFIED !!!!!

HE IS__ R.A.D. 2.0 __!!!!!!!

and he has background:

SON of R.A.D. 1.0

FATHER OF R.A.D. 3.0

GRANDFATHER OF R.A.D. 4.0

maternal spouses unknown!

www.theoldrobots.com...

www.theoldrobots.com...

www.theoldrobots.com...

www.robotsandcomputers.com...

NOW .... I CAN GET A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP !!!!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Thanks to the outstanding detective work of xuenchen we are now able to post the following important bulletin.

Wanted Dead or Dead

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b2c522727c2.jpg[/atsimg]

This photo snuck out of the Robot Terrorist Training Camp shows the would be Denver Terrorist Robot's known associates.

If you spot one of these Robots do not attempt to confront them your self! They are all presumed to be armed and dangerous!

Call Homeland Security and do not take any chances!

Sleeper Cells

First used as a cold war strategy by the Soviet Union, where individual recruits of the KGB would quietly emigrate to America and take a normal job, and lead a normal life, in a typical American community.

These Terrorist Robots may be hiding anywhere posing as harmless children's toys, and could be lurking anywhere in your home, attic, cellar or garage, waiting to be activated for their deadly missions.

Make no mistake about it, these Robots have been trained to avoid direct answers to your questions about their true purpose for being in your home! Do not attempt to question them and risk them activating their missions early.

Quietly evacuate your home and once safely out of the possible blast radius (5,000 miles) call Homeland Security so F-16 strikes can be called in, your home is a small thing to sacrifice for your homeland, and you may just be awarded the Iron Cross or Order of Lenin for your dedication and sacrifice and maybe even have your picture taken with our glorious leader!

Stay safe America, take no chances, allow the professionals to deal with these sinister menaces to our way of life.

The Truth of the Threat

These Robots are zealots unhappy with the fact that we do not all live under "Robot Law"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/607ae16f7189.jpg[/atsimg]

Above is a copy of the Robot Law book, where humans are not treated with equal rights to the Robots and harsh penalties are prescribed for things like laughing, jumping rope, and chewing gum.

These Robots are determined to force "Robot Law" on America.

They are jealous of our freedoms!

During these dangerous times I am urging all Americans to remain highly vigilant and if you suspect your neighbor is harboring one of these Robots please do not hesitate to call Homeland Security!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

The "robots" last words were :" θάνατο πριν από ντροπή" and then he died. "Oh What A Lucky Man He Was"
Emerson, Lake and Palmer

Scoutsniper

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
it can be a Breakthrough in this field .with the development of technology these years .the robots can do many things .some are even smarter than human being
it is a good things but i often have this concern that what if the Scientists can't contrl the robot because they are too
clever ? what will happen ?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Proto my friend,

Thank you for posting this. My one regret is that I have read your post after the Christmas holiday. If I had only read it prior, I am certain that I would have slept much sounder and rejoiced all the more during this time of celebration and introspection, secure in the knowledge that somewhere, somehow, someone in my government was protecting me from this potential threat and uncountable, unfathomable others. Oh, the dread!

If only there was a way to multiply the bureaucracies and those employed within so that all the citizens of this earthly realm could "sleep, perchance to dream" as I will now replete with this knowledge. Perhaps through increased taxation of the working class we could better share our abundant wealth and thus share the fruits of our good fortune.... but I digress. Such flights of fancy would be prone to abuse and the misappropriation of the assets thus accumulated.

What can be done? How do we share our good fortune with those without?

Eureka! I suggest, although I have not fully contemplated the minute and seemingly infinite details that would make this plan a reality, that we deploy our existing bureaucratic entities and those employed within to the far corners of the globe. "To boldly go where no man has gone before." What greater gift at this time of giving could we the fortunate few of this earth give to the "least of our brothers"? We are nothing if not charitable.

I bid you peace and joy my brother, today and always as you traverse the protoplasmic realms of this universe. I pray that you remain ever vigilant, untiring and unselfish in your pursuit of "truth, justice and the American way". (Well, "two out of three ain't bad".)

Peace

PS To think we searched for years in vain for WMDs in Iraq whilst the splendor of this NWO edifice was demeaned and forever tarnished by this diabolical device. Who knows for how long this has been perpetrated?
Gadzooks! Or as the children are wont to say, WTF?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Sleeper Cells

Dear Proto,

You have mentioned these so-called "Sleeper Cells". Are these of any relation to "D Cells"? If so, are batteries included within these terrorist entities?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

WAY COOL!!

Robot wars ... the first ...

Nobody saw this coming

But seriously, this is over the top. People tell me i'm paranoid, look at these guys

A very good way to drain their resources though, an afternoon's entertainments which costs them a lot in all manner of ways. For you, the price of a cheap chinese toy.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
wow...

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join