It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate my life

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kalamatas

17!!!

My 14 year old hasn't finished school, loves life, creates music, drama, does beatboxing, operates TV cameras at a venue twice a week, saves money like crazy, buys stuff I never could at his age, is fit, healthy, looks after his body, he's happy as kid as I have ever seen, so are all my boys.

It's the environment they're in. Don't ever say being 17 is something that excuses behaviour, it is all to do with how they are brought up, what boundaries they have, and their respect for themselves, parents and friends. These kids live in the world but make more of it, being optimistic becuase the world is theirs to conquer....

... and then we get kids like this saying how bad things are.

By the way, my kids did all this when I lost everything I ever had, earnt next to nothing for three years, received no government help during that time, sold a lot of stuff to get by. Money has nothing to do with it and now it's coming back, so it goes to show that being poor is NO excuse for being down in the dumps is it?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

You sound just like how I used to be in so many ways. I felt deeply and dark about life, confused and sad that I was so different from everyone else who could go about their day like they lived in a different world from me. I was a "realist". Everything fun that I did eventually wore off by the end of the night when faced by the realities of the cold world. There was no escape to it. Anxiety filled my every being, and both the past and future haunted me.

Congratulations, this is one of the first steps to your true awakening. Seeing and experiencing what you don't want and from that, choosing what you DO want.

Ignore the world for now, focus on yourself. Turn within. Know yourself. These OCD thoughts you have, they prop up when you least expect and it spreads inside your mind, but you quickly want to sweep it away because of how it makes you feel, and feeling that it is "wrong" Doing this however, will only submerge it deeper within you. You must face it. Your shadow side is emerging and instead of denying and pushing it away, observe it and see where it stems from. You are not your thoughts, your short temper, guilt or depression. For how can you be if you can observe that you have such qualities?

Your authentic self, the "real" you, is buried underneath all those layers, wanting to be heard, and expresses itself through the inner ache. Have you ever felt that you want to be yourself to the fullest but you don' know how and you don't even know who you are, so you are left in a state of confusion? To be who you truly are, you must separate and be aware of your ego from your true self and let go of all which is not you. Be aware of your thoughts and feelings.

Knowing yourself is knowing the Universe. Your view of the world, is correct if you are looking at it from one angle. Look beyond, there is a beyond. You do have a choice. You don't have to get a 9-5. You don't need to take on the burdens of society. You don't NEED to do anything. This is society's programming where they show you that there is only one way to do things, that you MUST fit in the 9-5, house and kids and car mold. No! Focus on changing within and the more you are your true self, the easier it will be to make choices, know what you want in life, and have creative and inspiring solutions to the challenges you face. Everything simplifies and you break away from the limitations that you and society has ingrained within you through belief systems.

Right now, don't even bother thinking about the future, because at this point you're wearing tinted glasses so your vision of the future will automatically be distorted. What's the point of thinking about how you will earn money, when your level of awareness right now is based on scarcity and lack? How can you possibly SEE financial freedom, how can you BE abundance when there are so many suffocating boundaries at this level of consciousness. You must rise up, expand, beyond this limiting view. Only then will you see the endless possibilities.

In fact be aware about what is going around the world, but don't immerse yourself in it. Remember, where you place your attention, you are literally magnifying and strengthening the energy of it. Focus on what you want, not don't want. Have the courage to live in the world you want to be in, not the world you see. By living it, you are literally creating it. Use your time in school now to focus on yourself and do your own thing. School sucks but at this point it is giving you the space to explore yourself, use this opportunity wisely. Remember, it is not the conditions and circumstances that matter, but your reactions to it and most importantly, your inner state of being.

I wish you all the best.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

yeah, um get back to me when you got some real problems under your belt.
people that think this way are not conducive to .................................................................................. anything.
You really think you are the first to deal with teen angst?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAUGHING-CAT

yeah, um get back to me when you got some real problems under your belt.
people that think this way are not conducive to .................................................................................. anything.
You really think you are the first to deal with teen angst?

Right you are man

Seriously, who the hell starred and flagged this thread?
Seriously go write a blog or write a song about it like everyone else who has the same problem you do. It works for everyone else.
edit on 3-12-2010 by Segador because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAbsurdum

Serious. I too get the impression that a lot of these cats have given in to their percieved mediocrity. The OP seems like they're ahead of the curve though , and I encourage them not to follow suit. As has been mentioned, their writing skills could be a useful tool in carving out the path they're looking for. Be on the look out for other talents too, since creativity tends to spawn many.

Head up, one foot in front of the other...
edit on 3-12-2010 by Sci-Fi_entist because: pesky paragraph placement

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Being an ass isn't conducive to anything either. Why bother posting to this thread if that's all you got? Way to go, you fail.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Im sure you were very releive to say all of that
great thread S&F

i exactly know what you mean .. i was 17 before .. trying to live in this unsustainable world
some humans have great potential .. dont loose hope in life and in goodness
keep the compassion up if you see someone in need .. be generous and kind
when you passby anyone looking at you make a little smile .. MIDDLE FINGER NOT ALLOWED

the only thing you can do now if you dont want to turn a blind eye to the world
since there is many place in the world and many children dying of young age
being killed or malnutrition or abused... you need to realise that these bad condition exist almost everywhere
for everyone .. take these thoughs they will help you enlighten yourself that jealousy is USELESS
fight any sentiment of GREED or ENVY or the big PRIDE showoff .. some people need to learn HUMILITY
jealousy will also be supressed .. selfishness to .. its your choice ... you have free will
fight in yourself the negativism ... to be a better person .. a better example ...
you want to be a good person or a bad person ?? you CANT go in the middle

im 29 now .. and yes life was sometime a real PAIN IN THE BEEP
many hard days happened ... take it has a test .. learn from your mistake
dont ever loose faith in the good side .. but dont underestimate the dark side .. very tricky

for 2012 .. i have faith that the age of enlightment is coming .. (check in my signature to read the thread)

we need it ASAP to save humanity and our souls .. mother earth included
spirituality will save manking .. i mean mankind
this society we all live in today is consumed by the darkforce
so many bad values ... people dont know how to be good and pride respectfull humans anymore ..
we do have potential .. you have to see it.. beleive it... the humans race is not doom
but these bad values greed envy jealousy rage violence corruption injustice none-eguality etc etc
THEY HAVE TO GO .. and earth will be a HEAVEN...even if nothing happen in 2012 .. dont loose hope / faith in life and your soul

let me just tell you the best advice .. you have to realise the human body is weak but the souls are immortal
take life has a test .. when you will die ...the chance of an afterlife worth it to take at least seriously
this ..... BETTER BE PROUD OF OURSELF IF THERE IS AN AFTERLIFE THEN ASHAME FOR ETERNITY

good luck my friend .. this thread that you did .. was the wake up call in yourself
making you realise many things that some people will never ever realise in their life

almost 2 yrs until 2012

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Bro,you are at the age where you're not a kid any more.

It's easy for kids when their young they have no clue what goes on in the world(unless they watch a lot of TV) or that they are brain washed to live a certain way.And when they..we..get older we notice the darker side of life we never noticed before..correction there are a lot of kids who have it way harder then us and our thoughts of the world has gone to crap!For a lot kids life IS crap.From birth.Look at all the countries that are poor and war ridden.Imagine living there?We have it easy compared to them.All we have are....complaints.

I don't blame you..I mean I hate it too.We have no choice but to live how they want us to.We are NOT free.We are mass slaves here to work our balls off for rich people who don't give 2 cents and they tax the crap out of your paycheck then they tax your vacation pay even though it's been taxed already and then you barely get by unless you have money to pay for college..or if you borrow from the government then you're stuck paying that back for the rest of your life..it sucks.I'm with you there.

I think some people do hope something happens in 2012 or whenever,anything to take them away from their boring existence of the thing they were programed to believe called life.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Why give the kid more grief?

We all have our issues, at any age. Everyone gets disillusioned.

Goes to my rather dismal advice:

Learn something now. You'll need it for when you have the "midlife crisis"

And/or when plans you have made and worked for, people you care about and made effort toward - possibly crap out on you.

Learn how to suffer

Actually, learn something from feeling disillusioned. Seek a new path. And don't do things you can't undo.

I hope you feel better.

Going back to my midlife crisis now

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Woah so many haters. Don't worry about them OP, they're all bitterly resigned to the 9-5 path they have chosen and need to have their belief that that's the best path reinforced by having everyone else believe it also. The truth is, 9-5ing it sucks, I've been there.

Get up - go to work (sit in traffic) - come home - have dinner - watch tv - go to bed (gota get up early) - do it all again tomorrow.

I don't know about you, but I really enjoy recreational time. This life is a lot easier with money though, so find out what you're good at which can make a lot of money for minimal time. You still have a lot of time to figure it out and get good at something. I would suggest playing poker or trading forex etc. Let the suckers sell their life away just to pay for all their insurances and mortgages.

Don't worry about the way the world is, it's perfect the way it is because it couldn't be any different. We're playing the game within the laws of the universe. When you get annoyed at the foolishness of society just look at the bright side of it - a fool and his money are easily parted and we need lots of fools to make our easy money.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
You've got at least one good thing going for you, among others I'm sure I don't know about:

---You have an incredible amount of insight for a high-schooler as well as an EXTENSIVE vocabulary. Normally, I don't encounter such vocabulary and complex trains of thoughts (no offense to high-schoolers) from many people, let alone a high-schooler. I mean, there are folks in their 40s who don't write as well as you do.

See, that is a peek into your future, if you are actually a high-schooler, because if indeed you actually are, then you have an AMAZING path before you. You possess the uncommon ability to translate your thougths into cohesive, written word. Put some imagination behind it and perhaps write fiction, or put some research and curiosity behind it and perhaps write non-fiction and/or become a journalist.

People who live in that realm find that LIFE IS FAR MORE INTERESTING THAT ORIGINALLY THOUGHT. Go as far as you can see. When you get there, you will be able to see farther.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

You live in a world that is seemingly more complex than my world was at your age. So I suggest that maybe you should keep it as simple as possible. Enjoy the things that a person your age is supposed to enjoy. Hanging out with friends, dating, video games...

Stay away from the news. You can't do much about it anyway. Enjoy your life and keep it simple.

If you feel this way then maybe the content on this site is a little to much for you. It can get depressing at times. Maybe you should take a step back from this site for a while.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
It reminds me of the time when i was in school it was in Boarding school were you get to go out only thrice a year we as students were cut out from the outside world as the school was outskirts of the city,all of us used to think when is this going to end,
1. Getting up at 5.45 am
2. Attending the Gym at 6.15 am
3. Breakfast at 7.30 am
4. School with lunch upto 4.30
5. Games after that
6. Study time before dinner.
It was like Military regime.
But now when all old class mates meet we remember the old school and miss it saying it was the best part of our life.You will understand it only after 20 yrs as we have done,life is short and lovely enjoy all the ups and downs and you will enjoy life.
There is a saying don't count the years of life by age count the friends you made in those years.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I agree with you on pretty much every point you just made and I'm 22. So either I'm a little behind or you're a little ahead of your age, haha.
The way I see it...just do what makes you happy and as long as you're not harming anyone else or yourself, then how can that be wrong?
Then again, I still live with my mom and do not plan on going back to pris...I mean attending an institute for higher level education until this highly probable 2012 scene blows over; the masses call me lazy, I call them thoughtless tools. If nothing happens then at least I had a couple of years of freedom(or something close) before I had to become a slave again.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
You need to learn to work with what you got instead of lamenting over what yo don't have. I long for a better open free society too however I realize that I am stuck in the society we have now. So I make the best of it and seek to educate and talk to others interested and plant the seeds of the new society. Things don't change on a societal scale over night they take time usually several generations.

In the mean time take a break from focusing on the negatives of current society and do or find a hobby you enjoy. live love laugh and enjoy life as much as you can. Get a job and earn some money to spend while planning a business you can start.

And hows your spiritual side? Don't neglect that read some books and seek within via meditation and or prayer to know who and what you are.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Step back from ATS. Feel free to follow any of the information, just don't let yourself get so absorbed. The conspiracy stuff can consume your life if you let it, and all the doom and gloom is quite depressing. I suggest living your life, and just continuing on as normal. What if (most likely) 2012 doesn't effect much of anything, then you still need to have your life in order to continue on.

Please watch penn and teller's 'bull#!' 2012 episode.

edit on 4-12-2010 by sstark because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

You hate your life. There are many people who have left too early, who would love life.

Embrace your life - you are here to live your life for some reason - there is a REASON!

So, what is that reason? You must discover that!

So, that is quite exciting, isn't it!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

this is a virus - be happy while banks rob you, government lie at violate you, corporations go abroad, Monsanto feed you with pesticides and GMO's.

Here is a bit different perspective of a young man.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

Maybe that's part of what's going on, senioritis. It feels like HS is jail and it's incredibly hard to motivate myself to do much of anything.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
If you're in high school then your emotions are all over the place because of your hormones, and not because you're crazy or odd. Alot of young people feel that way. The trick is controlling your hormones for good.

Use the boost of testosterone to do something athletic or take advantage of the only time in your life when you're basically on steroids, and lift some weights. Get ripped. Start taking Jiu Jitsu, and by the time you're 26 you'll be a high level player and you can make money off of it. Go hook up with girls, and go to party's, and do crazy stuff.

Or, put your mind into it and don't worry about all the social crap, study your ass off and get into a good school.

There in lies many paths....

The choice is yours. But realize hormones are drugs and you're on a %^% load of drugs.

You certainly have that right.

Call me crazy, but i'm currently trying a different method to controlling the hormones. Denial. Meaning, that i deny myself sexual activity (including wanking). After time, my body stops giving me spikes of hormones and levels off. It worked for Nikola Tesla and it worked for me before. But last time i cheated after 2 weeks. Working well so far, up to day 4. Guess you could say i'm having a bit of withdraw. I feel like a bit of a sex monster. Whatever, should level off, or atleast start to within a few days.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join