It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate my life

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Im saying that you have to be in the position your in, I mean go to school. Make the best of it. One skill you will always be able to use in life is understanding and communicating with people. By watching your classmates and teachers interact (without judging, lets face it you have no idea what is going on in their life outside school). Over time you should gain some insight of people being different therefore when you talk to one person about a topic, you might not be able to talk to another person about the same way about the same topic. Their brains react differently.

I don't know about others here, I know from my own experience that working hard and working smart you will be able to get somewhere. I've been let go of two jobs in two years, not once did I apply for unemployment. This IS a difficult economic time, has not been like this in 70 years. But we will come out of it, and when we do you could be in a perfect position to exceed.

I know it's hard to do, but try to figure out what you would like to do. If you can find someone who is doing what you want to do then ask them what is the best way to get there.

Overall try to enjoy what your doing, you only have it once. I know teenagers right now who have money who still HATE everything, it just seems to be the way to be.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
If only it were simpler than this.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
This is slightly off-topic, but still applies to the whole finding a passion thing...

Ok, i was holding out for the SHTF the past couple months and didn't want to start this only for the S to HTF, so this idea sort of faded into the background, but i have an idea for an iPhone app (game) that i think could really take off. Let me just say it's a port of a popular flash game that i see kids playing all the time at my school. Should i go for it?
edit on 3-12-2010 by mossme89 because: more info

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I would learn what makes the iPhone work instead, reverse engineer the gameof life

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedish

Originally posted by SpaceJ
reply to post by Stormdancer777

If you don't mind me asking Space, what do you do at home? I'm still unemployed thinking about starting a business with my brother fixing phones, computers and game consoles. I seem to have a fixer type personality. (even when it comes to people which can be frustrating haha). I would def like to work at home and set my own schedule. I hate working for other people- there's just no motivation in helping someone else improve their business. I'm not motivated by money, except to pay the bills and my student loans i guess.

From home, I edit, mostly digital photographs, but some graphics work too. I do antique photo restorations, which is my personal favorite. I work for another photographer with a studio (I don't have my own studio and she does portraits, babies, families, students, weddings, dances, reunions, architecture, etc). Her business has been really successful and she's so busy with her shooting that she doesn't have time to do the editing, so I take care of that from home and get to set my own hours. I basically make sure the photos do not get uploaded to the printing lab before looking 100% professional.

I do freelance work too on the side, so for that job it's like I'm being a contractor to a company, usually end up photographing sports. Portraits nor sports is really my cup of tea, but setting your own hours is so much better than a 9-5, and at least I get to be outside while shooting sports. I'm also trying to pay back my student loan so that I can go back and finish. My plan was to go into photojournalism (I wanted to travel/write, and I was minoring in cultural studies), but that dream has been delayed, for now.

This was my way around the 9-5, I'm sure there are many ways.
edit on 12/3/2010 by SpaceJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Every kid thinks the same about school, including me (9th grade out of 12 in my country, 15 years old). Most people don't have the brains to put it into such a long thread. My advice is, live in the now. Don't think about the past, future, there is nothing to worry about, you are creating all of those thoughts NOW. Time is nothing to worry about and you don't have to wait for anything to happen. It is all happening right now, this very moment. Ever think how some things that apparently happened years ago seem as if they happened only a few days back?

No situation has built in meaning. When you feel sad just tell yourself you are happy and if you believe it, you will be. Can you imagine that it's possible for it to be so simple? Then do it.
You want 2012 to be right now? Stop doubting and let it be. The Earth is waking up. I can see it, sense it. If you weren't so busy worrying you would too.

Good luck and don't forget, you are always being supported in whatever you do. Let your life be as magical as it was when you were a little kid.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
I'm so sick of going to school and learning about things that other people deem important, being indoctrinated. I only do it because i feel like i have to in order to do anything in society. Nowadays, you can't get a good job without a college degree. I'm still in HS btw. Plus, being in school gets me around people, which is really one of my only pleasures, socializing. But secretly, i resent the bureaucrats and elite who make me do this. Why should i have to learn Spanish to graduate? I feel helpless and powerless against this machine we call the system.

I think every day of why i'm this way. Why i'm able to see how messed up society is, and why i just can't seem to buy into a 9-5 job and schooling. Why i resent authority. Why I'm OCD and have a temper. Why I'm a bit of a loner, introvert yet am happiest around people (a bit of a paradox).

I'm rooting for the whole 2012 thing because frankly i can't stand it anymore. But the rational part of me tells me that nothing will really change. I don't know what will happen.

I keep trying to envision a society that i would like to be in, but think of a logical way to get from here to there (open, free society, abundant resources, free energy, live and let live approach, etc.) The world I'm in and the world i want to be in are 2 different worlds. Perhaps being 17 has something to do with it. i'm at that age where the identity crisis is at it's peak and i can see that. But i just get so down when i start to think about my future. With things the way things are now, i can't do anything without money. What i want is to be able to be free to do as i please (without harming anyone). To be able to travel and meet people. To be able to relax at the beach if i feel like it. To just have fun. Yet i can't do that in our current world without money.

I try to have fun with the little things in life, yet it's so hard when the world is so messed up. If I try to forget about what's going on in the world, and have a good time, i feel like i'm turning a blind eye to the world and feel guilty. If i mess up, i beat myself up and feel guilt for a while. With OCD, i get random thoughts sometimes, like unwanted, crude and disgusting thoughts. It's a dark side. I feel like such a bad person because i have these thoughts.

I'm not going to kill myself or anything, but i'm just so tired and worn out of everything. I'm posting this here because I'm hoping you guys can give me some advice. I don't think I'm mentally unstable, I'm just really depressed over how our world is. The nature of my depression is that of a more complex and philosophical nature, which is why i thought ATS would be a good place to post this.
edit on 2-12-2010 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2010 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

Did my subconsiounce take over and make a new ATS account and write this? :s im really confused. You are me.... and put things exactly as i would have put them! ...Except im 16 and in the UK so would have say '6th form college' instead of 'High School'
edit on 3/12/2010 by stimmy because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/12/2010 by stimmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

You can take comfort in the fact that you are not alone my friend. I have felt such as you do ever since I can remember. I know the world is in disarray and I know I can't fix it by myself. But if people can band together we can over come anything. You seem to be a very inteligent young man. With great inteligence come great responsibility...I know it's sounds corny but it's the truth. Use you knowledge of the world to educate people about society's dishevelment. Tha't what I do. Most of the time it will fall upon def ears, some people thrive on ignorance. But once in a while you will get someone that will listen and that makes it all worth while. Try it. I strated with oral presentaions in class.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
You HAVE to do what you enjoy in life. Sometimes you have to blow important things off to make yourself happy. I just recently was diagnosed with anxiety and my doctor said one of the most important things I need to do is focus on "me time".

Do you, man. Stop worrying about norms and what other people tell you to do. If you want to go play ball because that's what you enjoy, blow off some homework and go play ball.

You know what I like? I like to go home, do my workout and then sit down with a nice martini. Are there times when I shouldn't have a drink? Yup. But it relaxes me, I enjoy having a drink and catching up on news or spending time with my friends.

The bottom line is, as regimented as society is, its really what you make of it. You just do you and worry about the rest when the time comes.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It's repetitiveness that is driving you crazy. Trust me buddy, I know what you're going through (I think). I also find it crazy that schools force us to learn things that we probably will forget later in life, or won't help us at all. In fifth grade, we spent half the year memorizing the fifty states and their capitals, and by the next year, I had forgot it all. Besides, we have maps, why the hell did we have to learn that? Also, why must we learn a subject (let's say science) if later in life, we want to be, say, an author? To get a job as an author, you'd probably need to be a college graduate, and to be a college graduate, you need to pass science. It's stupid. With society, comes flaws, major, idiotic flaws.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I sooooo relate to what you posted ! Sounds like me in high school. As I sit here replying to your post, I am just about to turn 48. I have a job that is not 9-5 that I enjoy, but like all forms of work it too has it's downsides. This is how life is. Everything has it's good points, and it's not so good points. How you deal with the downsides determines how long and how well you live. I'm not just talking about suicide either, but your health no matter how long you live.

As far as seemingly irrelevant education goes, I learned that there is a reason behind learning these things. Notice the word "universe" contained within the word "University". The concept behind the "university" was a broad exposure to many different subjects that seem to have no connection at all. The aim is to promote the highest form of learning/thought which is called "synthesis". Synthesis is the creation of something new (a thought, idea, product, theory, whatever) from other non-related ideas. I have a B.S. degree, so I have been through the whole university experience, and have found there is validity to the concept. It has surprised me over the years how something I learned long ago can come together with something else to form a completely new thing ! It can be quite breathtaking! So don't disregard all your learning now as waste. It may be a while, but you will see the wisdom of it eventually, and be glad for it. I have continued my love of learning later in life in an informal way, but because of passion for it not because it is compulsory. This is the best way to learn, but not the only way to learn. It is definitely the most pleasant!

Finally, in the long term the most important aspect of a long and satisfying life is the acknowledging of and involvement in the other side of reality. The spiritual side. Don't disregard this very real side of who you are, who we all are...indeed what the whole of reality and the universe are! Just because science cannot find any empirical data for it (which is actually becoming less true all the time, they just don't want to admit it) does not mean it does not exist. I have been a follower of Jesus since I was 18, and the turmoil in my own mind and spirit that was so similar to what you are going through is what opened my heart and mind to the idea that perhaps I really did need to call out to God. I did that in my freshman year at my university and it was the best decision I have ever made! Bar none! I have found that a real relationship with the creator of the universe is something that I would never want to be without. It is amazing to know God! I can't even put it in words. Even my love of science and continued learning is a result of wanting to know more about God and this amazing creation He has made. It is just really fun! P.M. me if you wanna know more.

So there it is my friend. As so many others have posted here, just know that when you look at this current time of discouragement, know that "this too shall pass". Don't fret. Don't give up. It gets better in some ways, and it gets harder in some ways too, but it's all good because it's all LIFE! : )

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Enter the system and help change it from the inside, or not, but you came to earth to evolve, learn, help, live, feel, so live it and hold on to positive emotions if you can, remember, happiness is just feelings, we search feelings nothing else, so focus on positive feelings, generate them when you need them and live your true self.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
"Life Is like a box of chocolates, you nevA know what you're going to get."
It's as sweeeeet as U make it.
Just make it wRight.
It's your rIte.

no?

edit on 48am541125121131201012 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by SpaceJ

Look at the world today....everyone is one way or another depressed or has anxiety or some label for their issues. But what did people do hundreds of years ago with all of these issues??

A perfect example of Foucault's Knowledge and Power.

Knowledge is Power is actually not a very nice thing. In order to have power, one must have subjects to have power over.

A good example:

There used to be people that were a little different. They would roam around the village/town and nobody would bother them too much. Of course, maybe they got a little too crazy and the people had to deal with them (sometimes not pleasant).

Well, finally one day some doctors started studying these people. Eventually they began to figure some things out about them, created some categories, and then labeled them. Once sufficient knowledge was gained, they were able to convince the authorities that people like this needed their "help".

With authority given, mental health and mental patients were thus created. Knowledge gained, subjects created, and powered gained over those subjects.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

buck it up buddy...what? you think you're the only person that feels this way? all of us that have crictical thinking skills and reason already know this world is not fair, nor is it easy to get along in. make your own happiness wherever you can find it, and push the rest of the crap down in a pit of your brain. if you have it rough, get off your ass, and do something about it, be positive, and don't take no for an answer. it's called life, and being kind to people along this journey of yours, cost you nothing.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

I suppose back in the day folks didn't have much time to waste on it.
They simply carried on with themselves with a hands outreached.
Locks were an unknown 'issue'.

It will be as it waS.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Yes, times like these tend to get to the heart of the matter and separate the gold from the shaft.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

Just don't allow yourself to be Goldfingered.
SpOken with a hEArt of gold.
K.....ching

.....though with a (((((Ring))))) of happiness felt thereforouThouwOrld.
Analogously Of/w course.....^
edit on 48am351154121131201012 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I believe happiness comes in waves. I felt quite depressed lately, but now it is getting better.
I always try to think that the worse it gets, the better its gonna become afterwards.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Most people your age, do not like studiing, or learning. Some it is because thier brains are too inferiour, and simply cannot learn, so they will pass it off as a "i dont feel like it" or "i have better things to do" when they really dont want to face the real issue is "some just cannot learn, due to a mental unstablity or inferiour brain processess"

If you have no willingness to learn, then there is no place for you in society, this is the way we have been running things for 200,000 years, you always need money, money is more/less a tool of controling our species, because everyone wants the free will to do whatever they feel like, and if everyone was doing what they felt like, nothing would get done.

Which is why money is emplaced, so people work for what they want to do, instead of just getting it. There are many wrongs in the world and not a day goes by i think about "hungry children would die for this meal, yet i have it and they dont, its not fair" or the fact there is so much homeless in canada and the unitied states, while rich fat greedy motherf***ers stuff thier faces, while in thier 3rd mansion, not giving a # about anyone, only money.

I disagree how our species uses money, they let greed comsume themsevles, becoming only a husk of what they once were, to them the earth doesnt orbit the sun, money makes it work. To them water doesnt vapourate, money does it. To these people love and caring dont save a family, money does it, and to these people they let money do everything for them, without it, they are uncapable of preforming a basic task, without the assisstence of money, simply they cannot function, and ruin lives for millions to poverty, so they can live like a genetically useless king.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join