It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate my life

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Hello, being 17 myself, I understand how you feel. There are times that I feel the way you do, so I can greatly relate to your emotions. I am happy and encouraged to see others my age more than anything questioning the society we live in. I agree with you that education has its flaws. Through monotonous memorization and indoctrination I feel we are being bred into being the perfect 9-5 order-fulfilling slave. However, I've come to realization that teens such as ourselves cannot waste away our education on an excuse like that. Half year and we're in college dude, there we'll have much more freedom to pursue studies we are interested in. For the rest of the year, some things that have helped me out are sports, reading, and meditation. Sports such as running are very meditative, and can help clear your mind. I know it helped me get rid of stress and not keep me down. For reading, just read what interests you. Then, you can pursue studies unrelated to those that school imposes on you. Lastly, I think meditation is key to a healthy lifestyle. Being Roman Catholic, I used to go to church every Sunday, but to be honest, all I'd do there is space out and wait for time to pass. Meditation has helped me get into such greater touch with my spiritual side, and has definitely made me a more relaxed person. Anyways, good luck with everything, I hope some words from a like-minded peer would help out. Don't let this everyday crap get you down, cause then "the Man" is winning, right? Let us be part of a new movement, and not succumb to the restrictions this backwards society places on us.

Fight the Power!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Earblipper

Yes, i've found running really helps. How do you meditate though? I tried it a while back and i didn't have much luck. My mind seemed to wander...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

meditating is something that takes a lot of work. I suggest you stare at a flame for a while to gain a sense of focus

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

Meditating does take a while to master. I haven't done that yet, but I have progressed enough to get some real benefits out of it. Helps to get a sense of perspective and a general feeling of peace.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
I'm so sick of going to school and learning about things that other people deem important, being indoctrinated. I only do it because i feel like i have to in order to do anything in society. Nowadays, you can't get a good job without a college degree. I'm still in HS btw. Plus, being in school gets me around people, which is really one of my only pleasures, socializing. But secretly, i resent the bureaucrats and elite who make me do this. Why should i have to learn Spanish to graduate? I feel helpless and powerless against this machine we call the system.

I think every day of why i'm this way. Why i'm able to see how messed up society is, and why i just can't seem to buy into a 9-5 job and schooling. Why i resent authority. Why I'm OCD and have a temper. Why I'm a bit of a loner, introvert yet am happiest around people (a bit of a paradox).

I'm rooting for the whole 2012 thing because frankly i can't stand it anymore. But the rational part of me tells me that nothing will really change. I don't know what will happen.

I keep trying to envision a society that i would like to be in, but think of a logical way to get from here to there (open, free society, abundant resources, free energy, live and let live approach, etc.) The world I'm in and the world i want to be in are 2 different worlds. Perhaps being 17 has something to do with it. i'm at that age where the identity crisis is at it's peak and i can see that. But i just get so down when i start to think about my future. With things the way things are now, i can't do anything without money. What i want is to be able to be free to do as i please (without harming anyone). To be able to travel and meet people. To be able to relax at the beach if i feel like it. To just have fun. Yet i can't do that in our current world without money.

I try to have fun with the little things in life, yet it's so hard when the world is so messed up. If I try to forget about what's going on in the world, and have a good time, i feel like i'm turning a blind eye to the world and feel guilty. If i mess up, i beat myself up and feel guilt for a while. With OCD, i get random thoughts sometimes, like unwanted, crude and disgusting thoughts. It's a dark side. I feel like such a bad person because i have these thoughts.

I'm not going to kill myself or anything, but i'm just so tired and worn out of everything. I'm posting this here because I'm hoping you guys can give me some advice. I don't think I'm mentally unstable, I'm just really depressed over how our world is. The nature of my depression is that of a more complex and philosophical nature, which is why i thought ATS would be a good place to post this.
edit on 2-12-2010 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2010 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

im 18, just finished HS ( yes it was a waste of time) i always had this kind of obscure look at the world...... and since the summer when i graduated, saw a UFO and had some relationship problems, it has got way worse...

like you, im sick of the day to day drag, working 9-5 at a mindless job that u hate becuase u need money just to LIVE! like a house and some food and normal stuff. i feel like i just started my adult life and am already sick of it. i feel like i need to do something more important but dont know wat it is..

but for now i try to just focus on the things and people in life that i enjoy. and try to learn about whats ACTUALLY going on in the world (ats is a good place to start).... try to keep positive because being negative gets you nowhere

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
ATS is for grown-ups.
You should find other children of your own age to play /commiserate with.
I you don't "fit in" in class, study outside of class. There's nothing wrong with being more knowledgeable than your mates (and remarkably easy from all accounts).

Come back here in a couple of years when you have something to contribute, instead of an empty plea for salvation.

This is NOT the forum for wishful dreaming; go away.

hahaha tough love, but true

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFlagHunter

that is the correct answer.
congrats.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join