It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate my life

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89

Call me crazy, but i'm currently trying a different method to controlling the hormones. Denial. Meaning, that i deny myself sexual activity (including wanking). After time, my body stops giving me spikes of hormones and levels off. It worked for Nikola Tesla and it worked for me before.

Okay...now you're just being a jerk. Stop your whining and go out and have fun. Denial of sex? You are going to regret it when you get older.

You take yourself way too seriously, my friend.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker

Call me crazy, but i'm currently trying a different method to controlling the hormones. Denial. Meaning, that i deny myself sexual activity (including wanking). After time, my body stops giving me spikes of hormones and levels off. It worked for Nikola Tesla and it worked for me before.

Okay...now you're just being a jerk. Stop your whining and go out and have fun. Denial of sex? You are going to regret it when you get older.

You take yourself way too seriously, my friend.

So what this kid is saying, is that he is a wanker. He just sits around all day long, either thinking about how sh*t his life is, and when he's done with that, he just wanks himself silly. Kid, if people like you are the future of this world - I pity us all.

This kid is the perfect example of how the young are in today's world. No work ethic. No personal respect. Nothing. All wanting more for less. Kid, just go on benefits - be a scrounger - do nothing productive for society. Someone needs to beat some sense into you. Life isn't about YOU having fun. You just sound like a selfish little brat.

Consider what I say to you tough love. It's not too late to change. Just grow a pair of balls, start giving yourself respect and just try to better develop yourself through education and hard work. Go to the gym or something. Volunteer... ..Do something productive. But don't and I mean, DON'T have the life ambition of "having fun"... Christ, I've heard it all now. Some kid that wants to have fun for a living. What a total moron.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I ran a race today, a 5K. Finished in 21:20 and first place for my age group (7/200 overall). Afterwards, i talked with a bunch of people and had a good time. It made me think, whatever goes on in the world, it still doesn't mean i can't have a good time. If an opportunity to really help and change things presents itself, I'll capitalize on it. But in the meantime, it doesn't suit anybody to sit around being miserable.

So thanks to everyone for your comments, thoughts, prayers, and help. I just hit rock bottom before, but i'm on my way back up again

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Rock bottom's the best place to be. The only way is up.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

reply to post by sara123123

Maybe that's part of what's going on, senioritis. It feels like HS is jail and it's incredibly hard to motivate myself to do much of anything.

It is very hard to motivate yourself when you are in a systematic rut called the public school factory in your senior year. However, use this as training in self discipline - being the master over resistence to accomplish a goal - graduating from high school. There will be many times in life where you will face this same resistence and will have to move yourself through it to the other side in order to reach a goal in life or to reach a desired state of being.

You know, I think people who don't deal with being tired of the union factory school game by the time they are your age are the kooky ones. At the same time, life is full of nonsense and sometimes we have to master our emotions to get over it's barriors and onto something else. "Keep your eyes on the prize" and remember that you will be stronger for it as you learn to be the master of yourself. People who can do that are very successful in love and life.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

I just want something big to happen, I dont care whether it is positive or negative.
I just want to see change, some variety.
the world is a bit to stale right now IMHO.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I ran a race today, a 5K. Finished in 21:20 and first place for my age group (7/200 overall). Afterwards, i talked with a bunch of people and had a good time. It made me think, whatever goes on in the world, it still doesn't mean i can't have a good time. If an opportunity to really help and change things presents itself, I'll capitalize on it. But in the meantime, it doesn't suit anybody to sit around being miserable.

So thanks to everyone for your comments, thoughts, prayers, and help. I just hit rock bottom before, but i'm on my way back up again

Good for you exercise will take care of depression 9 times out of ten!

One word of advice opportunities to help change things don't just present themselves. The have to be initiated by someone. Sometimes the initiator goes unappreciated and uncredited for his work in initiating great change. You mentioned Tesla and he is a good example. We would not live in the modern world of electricity we do today if not for Tesla. He was a great initiator and stayed true to his vision despite being unappreciated and unrecognised and even fought against but big money. It has only been in teh last ten or so years Tesla has begun to get his due for his great contributions to society. Still his contributions were only a fraction of his vision because of all the opposition he received.

The point is ask yourself what you want to do to help, set some gaols then make a decision to work toward those goals come hell or high water and stick to it even when it seems to be a lost cause, even if it takes several lifetimes. Be an initiator not a waiter!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I was kind of in your situation exactly one year ago. I love learning but I hate school because I hate having other people control what I learn. I love meeting new people, hanging out with people, but I hated almost everyone around me because they all put school before other people. I lost faith in all religion and and got sick of religious bureaucracies. I had plenty of money, but I was sick of that feeling of having enough money to do whatever I want while everyone else either can't get what they need because they don't have money, or they have enough money but instead do what others tell them to do with their money.

So I joined the Army.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I'm so sick of going to school and learning about things that other people deem important, being indoctrinated. I only do it because i feel like i have to in order to do anything in society. Nowadays, you can't get a good job without a college degree. I'm still in HS btw. Plus, being in school gets me around people, which is really one of my only pleasures, socializing. But secretly, i resent the bureaucrats and elite who make me do this. Why should i have to learn Spanish to graduate? I feel helpless and powerless against this machine we call the system.

I think every day of why i'm this way. Why i'm able to see how messed up society is, and why i just can't seem to buy into a 9-5 job and schooling. Why i resent authority. Why I'm OCD and have a temper. Why I'm a bit of a loner, introvert yet am happiest around people (a bit of a paradox).

I'm rooting for the whole 2012 thing because frankly i can't stand it anymore. But the rational part of me tells me that nothing will really change. I don't know what will happen.

I keep trying to envision a society that i would like to be in, but think of a logical way to get from here to there (open, free society, abundant resources, free energy, live and let live approach, etc.) The world I'm in and the world i want to be in are 2 different worlds. Perhaps being 17 has something to do with it. i'm at that age where the identity crisis is at it's peak and i can see that. But i just get so down when i start to think about my future. With things the way things are now, i can't do anything without money. What i want is to be able to be free to do as i please (without harming anyone). To be able to travel and meet people. To be able to relax at the beach if i feel like it. To just have fun. Yet i can't do that in our current world without money.

I try to have fun with the little things in life, yet it's so hard when the world is so messed up. If I try to forget about what's going on in the world, and have a good time, i feel like i'm turning a blind eye to the world and feel guilty. If i mess up, i beat myself up and feel guilt for a while. With OCD, i get random thoughts sometimes, like unwanted, crude and disgusting thoughts. It's a dark side. I feel like such a bad person because i have these thoughts.

I'm not going to kill myself or anything, but i'm just so tired and worn out of everything. I'm posting this here because I'm hoping you guys can give me some advice. I don't think I'm mentally unstable, I'm just really depressed over how our world is. The nature of my depression is that of a more complex and philosophical nature, which is why i thought ATS would be a good place to post this.
edit on 2-12-2010 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2010 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

You are a multiplication of how I feel, and the other way around.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychiatrium

what are you doing to make things change?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

considering that I am 16yo, there's not alot of thing I can do.
and that again is depressing.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychiatrium
reply to post by amc621

considering that I am 16yo, there's not alot of thing I can do.
and that again is depressing.

Your lack of power is your own fault and you are the cause for your own depression.
Teens these days don't even realize that they are causing their own problems.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Thanks for this thread. I've had to deal with ocd for several years before realizing what was going on with me. Noticed several similar symptoms that changes ones perspective on the life they live. Expecting understanding or sympathy from those around you that never had to deal with this leads me to believe that we represent about 1% of the population seems about right. Wouldn't wish this on anyone except maybe those who believe they are above it all. It takes sooooO much out of your daily life. At the same time it enhances compassion and made me look deeper spiritually for answers that I wouldnkt have otherwise. So there is something to be said for being unique in this way. Don't bother listening to any crap from those here that have no frame of reference as to what ocd can cause to your life. Ignorance is clearly a choice for those quick to label someone. This thread has helped me, thanks.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Segador

Your lack of power is your own fault and you are the cause for your own depression.

Ok, what can you advice me to do to promote change?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Whatever your daily routine is, change it. That's the first step, The second is I would start talking to people in person about what you would like to do, don't spend time on the computer typing to faceless people who really have no ivestment in you.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

"Be the change you want to see in the world."

I think Gandhi said that.

If you think people should be more sympathetic to other people instead of being self-absorbed, BE that sympathetic person.

If you think people are ignorant of of what is going on in the world, then find a way to prove that you aren't ignorant of what is going on.

And what the guy above me said, spend as little time on the computer as possible.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
ATS is for grown-ups.
You should find other children of your own age to play /commiserate with.
I you don't "fit in" in class, study outside of class. There's nothing wrong with being more knowledgeable than your mates (and remarkably easy from all accounts).

Come back here in a couple of years when you have something to contribute, instead of an empty plea for salvation.

This is NOT the forum for wishful dreaming; go away.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

Massachussetts.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Who are you to say what this forum is / is not used for? Last I checked, people could post whatever they wished (within the bounds of T&C) and communicate with other people. Perhaps, if you feel so strongly about wishful dreaming, you shouldn't come to a thread titled 'i hate my life'.

I mean no disrespect, I just get tired of people telling others to get lost, or to come back later when they are older, when they had the choice to not click on it to begin with. He has indeed contributed in his own way, even if you feel he hasn't. He has given at least a few people a new perspective on things that they may not have otherwise noticed in their own life.

As for advice for the op, I will not give any. If you want to truly see change in your life, it has to come from within. No matter how many replies you get here saying what you should/shouldn't do, in the end, it is up to you.
edit on 11-12-2010 by inval because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheFelt
reply to post by mossme89

Mossme,

From your OP, it is quite apparent that you are a good writer. You express yourself well and seem to enjoy doing so. Perhaps, your calling is right in front of you and you have not realized it.

Become a writer and help change the errors of our world by expressing your ideas with others. Perhaps it will enable you to reach the sense of fulfillment you are searching for.

Remember, you are far from alone in your perceptions, and in fact it is quite normal to feel such discontent at times. Just keep on grinding my friend....chin up, head forward, shoulders lowered!

Becoming a writer is a great idea! Many writing careers allow for out of the office work, and it's a great way to help drive the change you'd like to see in the world.

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join