It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is white pride a bad thing?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Yes, being a mutt myself, I think there is some sort of pride involved.

However, I think the country, or the world really, is in a Melanonius Funk.
That using race to divide people. Whether it be for positive reasons, or negative ones, is in the end, a negative thing. It pits people against one another, for no other reason than external features.
Using race is something politicians and others do, to gain power over groups.
During political contests, we constantly see polls breaking down choices by race. Hispanics will vote for this guy, blacks will vote for that guy. Then those same politicians pander to groups, to essentially "buy" their votes.

Be proud of what you accomplish, not of how much light you reflect while doing it..(unless you build mirrors for a living)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by don rumsfeld

i just have long hair so everyone just calls me a filthy hippie.....hahahahaha...i guess i'm in a race all by myself

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes

I had that same problem back in the 80's!

This is line #2.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I actually consider myself somewhat of a mutt also, I have English, French and German ancestry. I take pride in all 3 and all the tribes that made up those 3 nationalities. I research my families history and all the different last names and maiden names to get a better idea of exactly what parts of England, France and Germany they were from and what sub-groups they were part of. Technically I consider myself part Saxon, Visigoth, Burgundian, Frankish and possibly some Gaulo/Roman since they were still some in France when we invaded. It does make me regret a little that we didn't keep our tribal identities more intact, I like the Germanic tribes history a lot more then the later European national identities, and much rather just still be a Saxon, Frank or Goth rather then "English", "German" or "American". We have a much longer history in Europe that sadly to many of us are ignorant of, especially the many whites who have ancestry from various Germanic tribes. We conquered the Roman Empire down over 1500 years ago, not a whole lot of other peoples were doing anything historical like that back then besides China, most were still in the stone or bronze age back then.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by freedish

You don't have the WET channel? Oh my god.. it's the best.

I set myself up for that one haha

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Unilluminist

I'm not proud of being white. I'm proud of where I'm from.
New Zealand is a small nation, not many people live here. We are just a drop in a huge ocean.
And I'm thankful I was put here, it's such an awesome place to live.

Proud to be Kiwi.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePyramidAgenda

How did the first colonists get there? they had to explore and sail around the world, no small feat back then. Your ancestors came from England first, that is part of your heritage, and goes back much further then New Zealands or Americas short history. India and China all celebrate there long history going back thousands of years while so many of us ignore our history that goes back just as far, we should be proud of our entire heritage also, not just the past 200-300 years.

I think a lot of it is PC, most minorities in our countries don't have any significant historical accomplishments going back that far and so the education system is to afraid of making them feel inferior so we are all given the same short bland history.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
OP, the reason that other cultures are highlighted in our country is because they are in the MINORITY. For a moment, take yourself out of your white skin (no offense) and place yourself into the skin of any MINORITY. Suddenly, MOST of the YEAR is filled with celebrations of a western/caucasian slant. Fromt St. Patty's Day to 4th of July to Columbus Day to Octoberfest to Thanksgiving to Christmas... You (as a minority) are surrounded in a sea of caucasion cultural celebrations. WHICH IS ***NOT*** A BAD THING AT ALL. That being said, you might want to celebrate a bit of your own (minority) culture since MOST of the year is spent celebrating American Culture ---based on western European (caucasian) culture. Nothing wrong with that.

So, since the celebration of western/caucasian culture permeates America (as it expectedly should since it was originially founded by whites/caucasions/western Europeans) for most of the year, other cultures (also AMERICANs) would naturally want to celebrate, highlight and explore themselves. They would want to SHARE. You see, it's a matter of perspective. The other cultures are highlighted BECAUSE most of the year is spent in the established western/white/caucasian themes.

Imagine America as a buffet. Is there only chicken in this buffet? No, America has beef, chicken, pork, fish and more. Is there only BBQ chicken? No. America also has Chinese, Mexican, Thai, Irish, Cajun, Japanese, Texan, Italian ETC... versions of chicken, and beef, and pork and whate-have-you.

In a typical American town, you will usually find at least one restaurant of the following: Italian, Mexican, Chinese, Thai (a new up-and-comer). In an equally typical town in almost ANY foreign country, you will not usually find such a diverse mix.

We are a melting pot. Our DIVERSITY MAKES US STRONGER, not weaker.

America is a well-stocked buffet. It's all good as long as we embrace our differences, --as long as we don't allow them to splinter our country.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by cj6
reply to post by mayabong

What exactly have whites had to fight for or struggle for?? Umm..nothing!! They moved from place to place slaughtering natives and taking over. Is that what you wanna celebrate?? If theres something specific for whites to celebrate then please enlighten me...

And i agree that whites dont really have a "culture" thats just my opinion.

Most white people in America are more than one nationality nowadays and we do celebrate many American cultures Thanksgiving for one. As for your struggle and slaughtering natives comment you shouldn't blame the children for what their ancestors did and just because your white don't mean we don't struggle.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by rumor21

It's the same situation with slavery. It's not my fault that my ancestors were slave owners. I refuse to feel guilty about something I didn't do.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I misunderstood and I stand corrected in my opinion of the post.

My apologies for not understanding your intent.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
being white is cool. in your face ethnics.
just kidding, we are all beautiful and unique snowflakes and all that crap

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOMALY502
ST Patricks day is a very caucasian holiday. There are lots of celebrations, it depends on whether your english, irish, scottish, german, or any number of "White" cultures.

It's a Catholic holiday he was a welsh "Romano. Briton". In NY where the largest celebration is held each year it is most definitely NOT a Caucasian party/holiday whatever you want to call it. Come visit us for the parade and see the different races marching proudly in Kilts.

You can believe what you want you can't however just make up your own facts. Being part Irish, French, and Scottish I can tell you we don't subscribe to color pride. Color pride is American code used by hate groups,

Being white is not an ideology, it's a skin color. I'm proud of my cultural background, for good reasons. Being proud of being white, is like being proud if being male, or human. It's English, and they are words, but they don't make sense when used in that context.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unilluminist
reply to post by ThePyramidAgenda

I think a lot of it is PC, most minorities in our countries don't have any significant historical accomplishments going back that far and so the education system is to afraid of making them feel inferior so we are all given the same short bland history.

You seriously believe this?
You have the internet, do some research so the things you say make sense. We all came out of Africa, then spread. Traits like skin color, ephemeral folds, and hair color and texture evolved. In terms of civilization the whites were barbarians in caves while other races were already building things like the Sphinx. Nobody can deny the great accomplishments of White people, but why try to discard facts, and rewrite history to rationalize some personal opinion, or prejudice?

White people are great Yeeha!! So are all the other color people. If that threatens you, it's you that has some thinking to do.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by baked
reply to post by rumor21

It's the same situation with slavery. It's not my fault that my ancestors were slave owners. I refuse to feel guilty about something I didn't do.

My ancestors were slave owners. I haven't felt guilty about it yet, and nobody has asked me to. What is happening to you?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I don't think anyone should be proud of what race or culture that they were born into. It isn't something that you had any choice in. You were just born into that race or culture. If you, yourself, have overcome something in your life than be prideful in that. Be proud of YOUR accomplishments and be proud of the accomplishments of your family before you, but do not confuse your ancestors accomplishments for your own.

I keep reading replies to this thread that say that white American's don't have a culture. White American's do not have a well defined culture, but just because it is not well defined does not mean there is none.
edit on 12/4/2010 by MadameAquarienne because: Second paragraph needed rephrasing

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
This song is awesome..

www.youtube.com...

GOOD NIGHT WHITE PRIDE!!!!!!!

Cheers

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

I guess the same can be said for any other group out there. Pretty much every pride group is weak. It's how spiritual the message is and how it works.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

We are all of human race.
We all have to go through things together.
We are all equal.
Thats the way I see it.

Cheers
edit on 4-12-2010 by FoxMulder91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystrange

How many Egyptians are in America? and while they were building pyramids around 2000 BC, my ancestors who were known at the time as proto-Indo-Europeans were spreading throughout Europe, but were far more advanced then cave men, they were also in the copper age just like Egypt, archeological evidence proves this.
While Egyptians were building Pyramids we had more important things to do like take Europe.

Most of our minorities are Sub-Saharan Africans who lost their tribal identity and history on the way to the US. Unfortunate, but not my fault. They were in the stone age and bronze age for most of their history before then. Our other main minority group is mostly Mexicans who are mostly Aztecs, some are starting to celebrate their heritage more though, thats good they are doing that more. Aztecs history goes back about 1000 years, before then they were just minor tribes and were in the stone age most of their history also. So what I said about most minorities in OUR countries was true, since most are African and Mexican. We don't have nearly as much non-whites that do have a long history, some Chinese, Indians, and Japanese, but not much.

As for others, I did say India and China also have long histories. Iran too, but they reject most of their pre-Islam heritage.

edit on 12/4/2010 by Unilluminist because: details

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join