It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is white pride a bad thing?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+76 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I've been thinking about this alot lately. Why can every other culture celebrate their culture in the US. but if whites want to celebrate their culture or if they are proud of their heritage, they are automatically a racist?

I realize that whites haven't had the best track record but neither have all these other cultures.

Whites are meant to bear the guilt of Slavery when it is a documented fact that Jews were at the Heart of the slave trade. (although you wont see this in a Speilberg movie). Newport, Rhode island was the center of the Slave trade, highest jewish population in America and the oldest synagogue in the US. (Brazil and the Carribean slave trade were also dominated by jews)

They have no problem celebrating their jewish heritage.

Hispanics can celebrate their culture freely and happily, even though their history is just a dark as whitey's with all their killing of natives in south and central america.

I'm just wondering if this guilt injected into the white race over and over again has a deeper agenda. Kinda like the catholic church instills guilt and fear to take away your power.

I think every culture should be able to celebrate their heritage freely. Just wondering why whites are not allowed by the powers that be.

edit on 2-12-2010 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2010 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

+33 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Being white isn't a culture.

And other races don't celebrate because they are whatever colour they are, they celebrate the history of their race, and the hardships that have been overcome.

+55 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FermiFlux

And other races don't celebrate because they are whatever colour they are, they celebrate the history of their race, and the hardships that have been overcome.

So you're saying there is no European Culture? Whites have had no hardships? hmm interesting ok.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
What is white culture?

Edit: Just noticed your statements about Jews. So this is one of those threads. Have fun.
edit on 2-12-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
ST Patricks day is a very caucasian holiday. There are lots of celebrations, it depends on whether your english, irish, scottish, german, or any number of "White" cultures.

cj6

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

What exactly have whites had to fight for or struggle for?? Umm..nothing!! They moved from place to place slaughtering natives and taking over. Is that what you wanna celebrate?? If theres something specific for whites to celebrate then please enlighten me...

And i agree that whites dont really have a "culture" thats just my opinion.

+22 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
What is white culture?

Edit: Just noticed your statements about Jews. So this is one of those threads. Have fun.
edit on 2-12-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

What is black culture?

And about the jew thing. This is documented history you can find it in 2 seconds. Every culture has their dark sides, but to just play like they don't exist is just ignorant.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Originally posted by FermiFlux

So you're saying there is no European Culture? Whites have had no hardships? hmm interesting ok.

I did not say Europeans have no culture, neither did I say whites have had no hardships. You seem to have confused race and culture. You're not talking about European culture though, and you're trying to say ethnic races celebrate being ethnic. Which they don't, they celebrate the equality their ethnicity now receives.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
ooh ooh I forgot one of my favorite...Oktoberfest, mmm beer

+40 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I'm not sure what you are talking about. White people do celebrate their cultures. English people are proud to celebrate the royal family and such, Irish folks have a rich celtic tradition they clebrate, Italians, Serbians, Croats, Russians all celebrate their cultures.

Seems like you are talking more about whites celebrating the fact that they are white and not some other color, and not belonging to specific nationality that has traditional ways of life, language and customs.
edit on 2-12-2010 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2010 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

+28 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

This is a rather typical confused argument ...

I am white and I do celebrate my Greek heritage and culture like many folks honor theirs, and there's obviously nothing really wrong with that other than the fact that hopefully one day we can all get past arbitrary lines on maps. Same goes for faiths as most flocks celebrate their religion on a regular basis.

The only reason, if any, to celebrate one's heritage relative to skin tone is if said skin tone has been historically used as a vehicle of oppression such as in the case of African Americans or Native Americans. As in recent history it has been folks of pink skin that have been doing most of the oppression there's no reason to 'celebrate' being white for being white, unless of course one wishes to celebrate oppression. Pride is relevant only as a remedy for having said pride being taken away as a means to subjugate. Not some perceived wrong that lot of 'white pride' folks declare, blaming others for their own condition, but actual subjugation.

Like I said, hopefully one day none of these egoic abstractions will be necessary.

edit on 2 Dec 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Because 'white' isn't a culture, it's a skin color. A skin color shared by peoples of various cultures. If you want to uphold the religious traditions and practices of your antecedents from overseas, that's your right as an American, as long as it doesn't get in the way of anyone else exercising their rights. If you want to celebrate culture that's distinctly American, that's fine too. But considering that American culture is cobbled together from and shaped by cultural elements from cultures all over the world and across time, many of which aren't white, one can see how that might be difficult to do without injuring one's "white pride".
Having pride in the color of one's skin is needlessly divisive, no matter what it is, and makes about as much sense as having pride in the shirt you're wearing.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
There is nothing wrong with having pride in who you are and what your heritage is

The issue is when it shifts from pride to a superiority complex.

Frankly, if you want to look for a "superior race"...you need to look far to the east, look at japan...intellectual, brave, strong, dexterous, etc...yet the japanese find it almost insulting if you give them too much credit, constantly trying to be humble.

I am white...I accept who I am, and I am, due to my comfort with myself, glad I am who I am..however, Joe the black guy, Tom the asian, and Mike the latin are equal to me as humans.

ADD:
I, being a white person, have no clue what "white culture" is...
I am a american mix...german, italian, english, and french...those are 4 significantly different cultures I could celebrate...but I have no clue what "white" culture is beyond...erm...actually, no..nothing is coming to mind.

and no, NASCAR is -not- white culture! thats redneck culture

edit on 2-12-2010 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

+43 more 
link   
What about the hardships that whites face now because of things like equal opportunity employment and higher education scholarships based on ethnicity and race. What about the race card being pulled on white people anytime things aren't going the way they were expected to by another ethnic or racial group? When has it been ok for a white man to call a black, hispanic, or asian a racist in recent times without being burned at the figurative stake? How many times are "whites" labeled racist over things that simply are not racist? Anytime the "white race" gets a benefit that another ethnic group doesn't, at least in the US, it is deemed racist. I'm not a racist person, in fact I am a very cultured individual and I have many friends of different cultures, race and heritage. I've lived in a lot of places of varying economic status, varied populations, and mixed racial and ethnic communities. The race card is getting old. Generation Y has bridged the racial gap. Younger generations don't see skin color and don't care about the hardships that ancestors faced. It is fine to have pride in race, and it is great to carry on traditions.. There has to be a line though.. The line has to be drawn before it starts to infringe on other human's rights, opportunities and well being.

link   

Originally posted by mayabong
I think every culture should be able to celebrate their heritage freely. Just wondering why whites are not allowed by the powers that be.

White is not a culture, it's a color of skin. That being said, various cultures that happen to be white do, in deed, celebrate their heritage. A good example is St. Patrick's Day.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
There is nothing wrong with having pride in who you are and what your heritage is

The issue is when it shifts from pride to a superiority complex.

Frankly, if you want to look for a "superior race"...you need to look far to the east, look at japan...intellectual, brave, strong, dexterous, etc...yet the japanese find it almost insulting if you give them too much credit, constantly trying to be humble.

I am white...I accept who I am, and I am, due to my comfort with myself, glad I am who I am..however, Joe the black guy, Tom the asian, and Mike the latin are equal to me as humans.

ADD:
I, being a white person, have no clue what "white culture" is...
I am a american mix...german, italian, english, and french...those are 4 significantly different cultures I could celebrate...but I have no clue what "white" culture is beyond...erm...actually, no..nothing is coming to mind.

and no, NASCAR is -not- white culture! thats redneck culture

edit on 2-12-2010 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

lol. I think we might be related. I agree and instead of "white" I should have used European culture my mistake. One example I have is the Tea Party. Just because it was a bunch of white folks gathering together, it was automatically labeled as racist. Not that I'm part of the Tea Party (well maybe when Ron Paul was behind it) but its just the fact that white people together = racism baffles me.

I also think that all races are equal like you do, and quite frankly I think white european culture is pretty boring. lol

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
lol @ white culture ...

Birthdays - Lets get drunk

Holidays - Lets get drunk

Weddings - Lets get drunk

New years - Lets get drunk

Family get togethers- Lets get drunk because i cant stand my family

Lost your job - Lets get drunk

Fed Reserve - :Lets get drunk

Steal resoruces around the world - Lets get drunk

Commit crimes against our own citizens - Lets get drunk

Double standards from a-z - Lets get drunk

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by cj6

What exactly have whites had to fight for or struggle for?? Umm..nothing!! They moved from place to place slaughtering natives and taking over. Is that what you wanna celebrate?? If theres something specific for whites to celebrate then please enlighten me...

And i agree that whites dont really have a "culture" thats just my opinion.

Surely you live your daily life without using any innovations created by those evil whites right?

Right?

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Every other ethnic race or culture can organize together but if a group of all white people do it

Your a white supremacist ......

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

and Mike the latin are equal to me as humans.

Thanks for the shout out !!!

West Side !!!

.. Anyway, I think everyone else covered it rather well.

If one is going to be proud of their skin color, ..... that shows me they probably haven't accomplished alot in life, ..... and just need a reason to have pride.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join