It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is white pride a bad thing?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by baked

When THEY try to make me feel racially guilty well it just dont fly. I dont I wont. Firstly My personal family never had a slave, and if they had I still would not feel guilty because it has been far to long sense slaves were slaves. Although they did not gain their full freedoms until what the early 90`s? I may be put in place as to the correct timing of their true freedom yet I am more right then wrong, the point is Know they are free to have whatever whenever they want. And with the educational problems, well if the lazy parents would put a few minutes into caring about their childs education instead of expecting the teacher/school to do it all their uneducated childs would be better educated even though they are in a lower educated school system...peace to us all we need it.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystrange

That page mostly describes later periods after the Indo-Europeans had arrived and established themselves in Europe. Indo-Europeans started arriving in central and western Europe from around 2000-2500 BC with some saying it might go even as back as 4000BC, and already had copper at the time, that is why they were able to displace and/or conquer the neolithic inhabitants who were stone age.
en.wikipedia.org...

That stuff about the Sphinx and Pyramids being older is just conspiracy theory, most scholars put both around 2500 BC also. Stonehenge began not to long after in 2000BC. Your Celtic Ancestors may or may not have been living in caves at the time, but this wouldn't be due to lack of technology, many lived in caves out of practicality, they were already there. They like other Indo-Europeans already had copper and were building houses. The Beaker culture which includes Celts that were just arriving in Britain throughout 2500-2000BC and other Indo Europeans Europeans had copper, Tin, pottery, bronze, agriculture, beer, and wooden and stone structures.

It is the oldest known monumental sculpture, and is commonly believed to have been built by ancient Egyptians of the Old Kingdom in the reign of the pharaoh Khafra (c. 2558–2532 BC
en.wikipedia.org...

Beaker Culture
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 12/4/2010 by Unilluminist because: typo

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I think, personally, one of the big issues is that nearly every race and culture in the world has a past that includes war and slavery over another, at some point. But the only sins that are brought up are the European ones. Also, I, along with many people my age (who happen to be of Euro decent, go figure) were born into a culture filled with "minorities" (only using as technical term) with a chip on their shoulder against us for something we had nothing to do with. For example, the school I went to here was probably half white and half Alaskan Native, of every tribe from around Alaska. The white students,(on average, obviously there are always degenerates) kept good grades and low encounters with cops. The native students are practically all alchoholics and addicted to tobacco by age 14, many with rap sheets for Alcohol, drug use, drunk driving, all that sort. Not to mention the the fact that STDs spread like wildfire, and for the same reason, many girls are pregnant at or before age 16. And these students are allowed to wear all sorts of "Native Pride" apparell, which is pretty widely sold aorund here. I've seen the "Protecting to Homeland since 1492" shirts dozens of times. For cultural days at my school, they taught how to syphen gas out of a gas tank. And only 1 in 4 of those students even knew who the American civil war was fought by. No Joke. But we, as caucasions, dare not express pride in our culture or else we would be racist. Putting aside the past, what are we supposed to think about this? If one didn't know any better, I'd almost think those students would think it unfair that the "seemingly" unsuccesful culture is set upon a pedistal, while they cannot even express pride in their ancestry, which built the western modern world we live in?

This is why, I can see, the original poster might think it unfair.
Not regarding the evils/arguments of the past mistakes the Eropeans made, just the perspective of the current generation.
edit on 4-12-2010 by AK49er because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2010 by AK49er because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I rather call it European pribe ,

it doesn`t help when the loudest voices are Neo Nazi and KKK @tards .

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

Nope sorry , I didn't vote for Bush, either of them. You think you have it all figured out don't you, but you couldn't be more off track. So climb down off your soap box and stop beating your chest like an ape, and put a little thought into your comments, before you get intellectually bitch slapped. I stated, and pretty clearly, that our black President was doing the same as our previous white Presidents, not any worse or better.Also if the million man march was for everybody, show me one white, Asian, or Latino person that give a damn what Farrakhan,Sharpton or Jackson vomits out of their racist mouths. Racism works both ways and you are proof of that,maybe segregation wasn't such a bad idea, but not of races, but of keeping emotionally stable intelligent free thinking people separate of the likes of you. This is a quote from the Smithsonian institute: "African-American men from across the country gathered on Washington's National Mall October 16, for a massive Million Man March advocating "unity, atonement and brotherhood".-Joining Farrakhan on the steps of the U.S. Capitol, civil rights veterans Benjamin Chavis, Jesse Jackson, Rosa Parks, and Dick Gregory were among those who addressed the marchers. Stevie Wonder sang briefly and, with poetry, Maya Angelou urged the crowd to do right by itself and "save your race." So where are the other races represented if it was 'for everybody'? Who is the 'idiot' here? I have freely admitted that I am white,and as far as I can tell you are an angry black person. From your other posts you preach Human rights, but you are the first one to cast a stone, and pre-judge (ring a bell?) other people. This thread was about feeling 'Pride' for your race, and I pointed out reasons why whites can not openly do that. So I guess I should ultimately thank you for making my point for me, by showing your intolerance and ignorance. Intolerance to listen to other peoples opinions, and ignorance for your name calling. The crux of the biscuit here is: if you want the races to get along as one,do your part and stop being racist!!! The only point you made was yes indeed you truly can tell who is a racist when they open up their 'pie hole', so you should keep yours shut.
edit on 12/4/2010 by ironheadd because: amendment

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Loving your race is racist? I guess when you are happy with your "self" your automatically a narcisist also?

YES. By definition racism is the belief in the idea of race. I guess when you reach a certain level of inner-standing one can see further than one's self or the false division of race.

So the Roman Empire, Ancient Greece, Marco Polo, Copernicus, Galileo, Tesla, Edison, The Wright Brothers Airplane, Henry Ford, Oppenheimer, Einstein, Von Braun...... None of these people and things they did are great accomplishments of white people?

Not one single person you mentioned above considered themselves white. It was about Nationality....and as far as I'm concerned there is no such thing as "whiteland". The romans didn't even consider themselves white considering all of the paintings were painted with "light-brown" paint.

Yet you allow blacks and hispanics to say theyre part of a huge broad culture by saying "Africa"

As far as I'm concerned every human can say African, considering the fact that every male on planet Earth carries a Y gene that was distributed by one dark-skinned woman>from Africa....Yup, even the guy with the aryan/noridic "white" only mentality . Your still so called African by definition, regardless of your geographical displacement.

These are actually races- Caucasoid, Mongoloid, Negroid, Capoid & Australoid. There are additional sub-races, but these are the races and skin-tone is only one factor in it.

I agree ,but I disagree on the part about skin tone seeing there is STRONG amounts of data that suggest that there are even so-called "white" africoids, and even so-called "black" caucasoids etc. The earlieast inhabitant of Asia, Europe, and even the americas were in fact negroid(some with absolutely no connection to africa what so ever). But this guy is right those are the only races and they are not confound to a specific skin-tone because that is based on climate(not solely).

The fact is NO-ONE knows what the first skin color is...The fact is KKK and Black Panthers are racist sh##ts.

We are on a solar planet. Scientifically speaking green is to a plant, like brown is to a human on this Solar planet. With that being said, were the first plants not green?? Im certain they were. Go study species that are underground and in caves and you see the loss of all pigmentation and color which result in the creature "appearing" white. Then go study why people are brown, and research the extra-super-natural chemical, eumelanin.
Maybe you didn't read my post where I exclaimed points and facts about the panthers. How can the panthers be racist. They fed people for free, regardless of so-called race. I can't imagine me disliking someone and cooking for them?.?...or trying to explain to them that the system views us both as a number regardless of so-called race.
Why would I(panthers in this case) share the truths about constitutional rights to someone I thought was an enemy??? The Panthers received everyone with open arms.
.....I continue to stress, KKK are simple, primitive beings that I bet are the descendants of the people they DID NOT WANT IN EUROPE. They killed kids. nothing else to say.

Everyone is not the same, I hate when people try to group anything and divide anything. The concept of race is fairly new. If you look at all of the REAL ancient civilizations that are still thriving you will see, its about your heritage/creed(bloodline), and where you are from(nationality), not your "people", but you as an individual. That was your interface.

To say "european pride" is even more stupid, because it lets me know that you are just associating your so-called whiteness with europe. For example a French person, when asked what is his grandmother, he will reference her nationality. This is no different from the population that know they are descendants of slaves that call themselves African-American. They don't know where in Africa, because they were captured.........forced not to learn the language etc......Some "white" people are so arrogant, they don't even realize they are the descendant of a slave as well. Its evident, and apparent with everyone screaming out europe and white in the same context with their lack of nationality.
"My grandma was white". "My ancestors are european, and Im proud." that sounds so stupid! as opposed to
"My grandma is Blackfeet" and My ancestors are autochthonus American tribes,that lived in what is now georgia, alabama, and Mississippi.

You can tell who is who, go back and look at all of the post and look at the people screaming european this and that. People that are really from Europe do not talk like that. They are more concerned about their nation....Same thing for so-called Africa. To you uneducated folks, you see a guy walking down the street and he's just black. But to him, he's Nigerian, Filipino, From Fiji, or a descendant of the Ma shi original mexicans. All of which can look alike but could careless about each other becuase they are are far from each other.

******I used those races because I know people that are those races that considered so-called black but have nothing in common with a so-called african-american or a "black guy".SMH at western logic.

Racism works both ways and you are proof of that

Your right but it is fed by the ignorance that roams the Earth in the form of scum. I can tell it has found a happy home within your reasoning and logic, which is a FAYUL btw. There aren't and has never been enough so-called black people in power to hold anyone down. Think about that, so it may work both ways, but its working one way. Blacks were refused the education to become the bankers, which in turn, "people"refused blacks loans until the 21st century. In 2006 the most complaints about racial discrimination was filed in all of our history. The million-man march was about equality, in your mind its associated with black people considering they were deemed 3/5ths of a human being so they marched on washington to declare themselves something else. I can't show an Asian, white or anyone else you mentioned that would listen to those people. Tell me a Tibetan that will listen to Che Guevara in spanish?? There is nothing relative. But there were plenty of Asians, white, and Latino people that participated alongside of the marches, because in essence everyone knew the marches and movements was for LIBERATION. Only in your westernized, compartmentalized mind do you associate that with "black". That says alot.

as far as the segregation comment goes, that exist....Its not a shock for a beast like creature to be on the internet. I see that all the time. I'm more surprised at the fact they have the internet in the zoo. It must be nice

peace and love

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Since the beginning of mans stupid, they have always enslaved other people ie culture and I mean all races are quilty of enslaving other humans so what im saying is that man should maybe think about how they can get past their stupid and try to celebrate being in the human race, you think.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
You'll never evolve into the person or people that you strive to be. Those that live in the past are doomed to repeat it. Your 3/5th comment is from 1765, and has to do with taxation. Get over it, it is done and in the past. Until you can do that, you are enslaving yourself. I have been nothing but civil with you since you started the name calling, now I belong in a zoo? Well, I guess I'll see you there then, you can figure out where you belong right? *hole!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ironheadd

"evolve". You haven't stepped outside of the box yet I see. My 3/5 comment is about the naturalization of U.S. citizens which I believe is the 14th or 15th amendment. Which no law has ever been made to renounce its existence. The word proclamation is related to proclaim which simply means to announce. It does NOT mean that anything was done in a judicial manner to change the laws.

Get over it, it is done and in the past.

I can't get over it when I have to share a planet with juvenile people that think there is something not wrong. We are all still slaves, especially you because I can tell you can't recognize. Let me ask you this, do you have a driver's license and why?
"what doesn't effect you directly, can and will effect you indirectly" Dr. King.

Your ignorance(lack of knowledge) effects the world.
I don't name call. A savage is ....well a savage. You opened your post up calling me dung. How civil is that really?
You will see me there, I am still trying to figure you out.
But honestly, enough is enough. I am human enough to extend my kindness to let you know, no matter how you feel about me, I have love reserved for you anyway, my Brother.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
because white people killed the best group of people to ever live!!!! (native Americans)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FermiFlux
other races don't celebrate because they are whatever colour

Than why does the Mexican fighter Cain Velasquez have "Brown Pride" tattooed on his chest?

I live in Miami and went to school with and also, Now, Work with and see on a regular basis, The same type of tattoos and such. I guess it's secular.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I didn't say that everything bad in the world was because of rich white people. Also who was on the scene in the divide and conquer of those people in Rowanda?
Do a research on Rowanda and it was a scam as usual used to take over. My whole thing with the thread is that it just brings up race which is irrelevant. Fake war on terror started by who? Applause to Europeans for their culture and accomplishments But I can't stand whites obsession with race.
Let the crap go away. Have you noticed TPTB does not care about race they wanna take out as many whites, black, asians, etc...
edit on 4-12-2010 by Teeky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Teeky

Quit trying to blame whites for that stuff, the NWO white elite like Rockefellers is mostly anti-white and is behind the multiculturalism through the politicians they own and their foundations that promote all this stuff.
They encouraged the mass immigration into the US and Europe, then sponsor racist minority groups like La Raza, this is how they divide and conquer. Much of the white elite in the US and Europe is Jewish also, so they don't consider themselves the same race as us. Regular low and middle income whites get exploited and manipulated just as much by the NWO as you other minorities. I'm not saying whites should be Nazis or KKK, but we have just as much right to have European History month as Blacks do, we have just as much right to have a white version of the NAACP or ADL as anyone else does, the elite are oppressing us to.

How do you think this country got in to this mess, we wouldn't intentionally vote to ruin it without the system being manipulated by the elite. America hasn't really been a democracy for around a 100 years, it has just been better at hiding it through behind the scenes control. Do you blame all Russians for communism also even though they had no say in what their country does under a dictatorship?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
When shall there be a Heinz 57 pride day for all the folks out there like myself?

You know;

Scottish+Irish+English+German+French+Spanish+Polish+Cherokee mix, aka Good ol' Tex'American.
edit on 4-12-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
As I'm sure many have said on this thread (I'm not going to go back and see if anyone has said this because I'm lazy) there is no "White" culture. The term White actually meshes many different cultures together based on the pigmentation of skin. Myself for examples would be considered to be White by today's standards, but at another point in history I might not be considered to be so White being that my family origin begins in Sicily. Ah! Sicily! Now there is where the culture comes in. Sicilian, or even to say Italian would by the history, and culture that is celebrated... not White. The same goes for someone who would be British, French, German, or any other of the many cultures that are fused together to become known as White. As I mentioned even Italians (who at one point would not have been considered White in the US) are now considered White.

How could White people celebrate the White culture, when being White has no direct culture to celebrate. The same goes for Black, or any other color. Every color reference seems to cover multiple cultures (examples: there is not one culture of Black people in Africa)

The real questions is if there was ever a mass migration of White American people to another country what culture would be celebrated generations after the migration? This would possibly be the birth of the White culture, and even at this point it would be wrong being that it would be American culture.
edit on 5-12-2010 by vexxev because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2010 by vexxev because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by cj6

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater

Originally posted by cj6
reply to post by mayabong

What exactly have whites had to fight for or struggle for?? Umm..nothing!! They moved from place to place slaughtering natives and taking over. Is that what you wanna celebrate?? If theres something specific for whites to celebrate then please enlighten me...

And i agree that whites dont really have a "culture" thats just my opinion.

Surely you live your daily life without using any innovations created by those evil whites right?

Right?

What innovations created by whites?? Whites dont create anything!! They just steal someone else inventions and claim it was them

youre exactly correct, same goes for nikola tesla

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I am proud to be Irish....and I am proud to be white. If a black man can be proud to be black, then I can be proud to be white. I am not racist at all.

I DO, however, get incredibly offended when people use the "slavery crutch". Did I whip your great great grandfathers back? Did I make your ancestors pick the cotton? Did I have a hand in the slave trade? NO. Maybe my ancestors did, but I didn't, and I will be DAMNED if I will let ANYONE pressure me into guilt because you want to cling to your "slavery crutch".

White pride!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by KevinHavoc

The slavery crutch is just ignorance.

A good number of people's families (at least quite a few people who I'm friends with where I live) weren't even in the US during the era of slaves. A lot of people immigrated to the US through 1890 - 1910. I know my family wasn't in the United States until somewhere around 1900 - 1905.

Then there is also the issue that that descendants of people who were truly effected by slavery aren't the only people throughout history who were discriminated against to that extent. All through the history of the world cultures have been discriminated against, and have been in similar situations yet for some reason they don't all try to use slavery, or discrimination as a crutch. This isn't to say everyone uses past events as a crutch, but the ones who do really have no reason to do so. Believe it or not there have been cultures throughout history that were treated even worse than what was experienced in the US.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

hey don't worry about it OP. It makes perfect sense. i did not read anywhere in it that "ethnics are just celebrating being ethnic". sounds like you aren't the one confusing race and culture.

so if all white people can celebrate is slavery, invasion and slaughter as their culture; then what the hell do any other races celebrate in their culture? i mean i know white people have no culture and are the reason for every other ethnicity's problems in the world, but if you ask history, you would see that most countries, tribes, villages etc.... sold their own people into slavery on the sole basis of greed, power, and/or revenge.

i'm so fed up with these guilt trips about 200+ years past like anybody today had anything to do with ethnicity complaints. if my family from 300 years ago was a slave to your family 300 years ago, i wouldn't give a flying you know what.

i had nothing to do with oppressing anybody living today, so why should i feel guilted into not being able to be proud to be white? this day and age i think we all have the one thing in common, and that's that we are all being screwed by the same few people on earth.

all the dumbass illegals running around my hometown can celebrate cinco de mayo and shout out brown pride (yes they really do shout that) shooting their guns in the air and killing and injuring people every year because they drank too much and drove or they shot their guns (no i am not racist and i am not speaking for all mexican's celebrating these things just happen every year may 5th ). when me and my friend were celebrating st. patrick's day saying we are proud to be irish and white, we wound up getting jumped because we were "acting like clansmen".

so wait a minute? brown and black pride is ok, but you have to be ashamed of your heritage because your skin is "white"? give me a break, this is exactly what all TPTB want from us, and like the bunch of sensitive politically correct whiners we all are these days, TPTB's agenda is only that much closer to completion (divide and conquer anyone?).

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

I Believe There Is Nothing Wrong With White Pride, But Sadly People On A Large Scale Just Tend To Generally Mix Up "Pride" With "Superiority". Its A Hard Misconception To Differentiate To The Masses Nowadays, It Just Seems Like People Are More Interested In Their Status On Facebook Or Something. lol

I Guess You Could Blame The Powers That Be For Implementing The Issue (Global Ignorance), & The Distraction (Material Assets & Technology).

Either Them, Or Mankind, Who Bought It.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join