It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is white pride a bad thing?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

There is a BET. So why not a WET? I'm just sayin'.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

do not use that same tongue to quote bob.
You only have knowledge to support your point of view. But you should stand by facts. Your probably believe that thats a big ball of ice out there. The fact is that its the sun. Your words are meaningless when they aren't braided with facts. The very belief in Race is racism so if you love 'race' and not the human race that is racist. You need to understand where the concept of civilization came from. I have a better quote "if you dont know where you came from, you definately have no idea where your going." good luck

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
white pride sounds racist to me, why not celebrate Irish pride like St. Patrick's day? And I'm sure that most European countries have holiday's specific to their own culture.

Be proud of who you are, but know who you are, other than just the color of your skin. And this goes for everybody.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

Do you know how long whites kept blacks from being on tv and just sharing the american dream??? You need to look at history before you act like everything is all peaches and cream. If there wasn't a BET we wouldn't have the oppurtinity to have an outlet. Do you get it?
Read my post on page 18 and see....Even associating whites with ireland is racist considering the fact they have so much black history.
^ but I agree. Just be proud of being human. That western compartmentalized thinking will get us nowhere

I refuse to let the human family get divided any further
edit on 3-12-2010 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: ....an addition

edit on 3-12-2010 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: an addition

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lbndhr
reply to post by Soldier of God

If the American Africans would stop hating us tan people get past the past I honestly believe racism woud quickly be in the past....

what about the Irish the were treated worse then dogs yet they dont hold the grudge on and on and on
peace to us all we need it

African Americans didn't start the hate. We didn't hang ourselves from trees. We didn't put on those shackles. And while wearing them, we didn't torture ourselves so others may eat.
I had an ex who was Irish. He would not agree with what you said about not holding a grudge.
Nor would Catholics who were harrassed as well.
But you know what really kicks my butt?
Mongoloid Negroid and Caucasoid are the three original races. Repeat RACES.
So what is a Mexican? Caucasoid. So guess who you are hating?
What is a Jew? They sure are not Negroid!
Arabs? (Buzzer) ha got ya! Caucasoid!
Get the point yet?
Stop the hate, get an education!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
it's simple, whites are generally content with there place in society while other arent as they represent a minority and have a tendency to overcompensate.

the guilt you speak of is politicians using these louder than the rest groups to further themselves through cheap and shallow political wins.
edit on 3-12-2010 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

You don't have the WET channel? Oh my god.. it's the best.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
There are White people from and in several nations all over the world
There are Black people from and in several nations all over the world

There is Black Pride allowed and accepted. Based purely on skin color, regardless of nation/orign

The OP has asked why there cannot be

White Pride allowed and accepted. Based purely on skin color, regardless of nation/origin

The concensus of this thread seems to suggest, white people are free to celebrate based on their origin but certainly not their skin color. If your roots are English, feel free to celebrate England's culture, but do not dare celebrate your "whiteness"

So go ahead and tell yiour black friends to celebrate being Kenyan, but make sure they do not mention being black or celebrate their "blackness"

Most jews I have met have white skin. So, since I have white skin I should be able to celebrate white power because of the oppression suffered by my fellow white "brothers".

Much like my black friends can celebrate, based on the oppression suffered by their black "brothers"

Let us also not forget the oppression suffered by the untold number of "white" indentured servants brought to America from europe often devalued and cared for even less than the slaves brought from Africa. Look it up.

I am not defending, or preaching white power, I am just responding to the OP's original post the way he intended?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Hmmm....
*Reviews thread*

Anyone else think this may just be another attempt at getting posts and getting stuck on the Home page?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I don't really think whites have a particular culture but that's because us whites manage to merge into every culture. And if we're not part of any culture everything is well kinda plain and we let everybody else do what they do.

White people are quick to be called racist though and I think that should change. I also think there should not be a black history month only because that's not striving for equality. There isn't a Hispanic history month all over TV and they've had it rough. There's not a Native American month and they've had it rough. All I'm saying is we are all One on this planet. No race is more important than the other and to move forward we all need to GET OVER IT. Get over all the crap that's happened in the past. Right now the past doesn't matter that much. The human race needs get its butt in gear because we have a lot of problems all over the planet that effects everybody as a whole.

But that's just me...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

You guys do! You have Fox and CNN
Okay i really have to stop joking around

If you want to celebrate white skin color go ahead! My friends do it all the time! My friend constantly brings up the fact how much things white people have done over the years...and then he takes it too far, and I have to warn him he is being racist again. My tip: Tread lightly on watered terriotory

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeremiah8401

I don't really think whites have a particular culture but that's because us whites manage to merge into every culture. And if we're not part of any culture everything is well kinda plain and we let everybody else do what they do.

White people are quick to be called racist though and I think that should change. I also think there should not be a black history month only because that's not striving for equality. There isn't a Hispanic history month all over TV and they've had it rough. There's not a Native American month and they've had it rough. All I'm saying is we are all One on this planet. No race is more important than the other and to move forward we all need to GET OVER IT. Get over all the crap that's happened in the past. Right now the past doesn't matter that much. The human race needs get its butt in gear because we have a lot of problems all over the planet that effects everybody as a whole.

But that's just me...

Hispanic...heritage...month?????

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave
There is Black Pride allowed and accepted.

Since when was it "allowed" or not "allowed"? Who makes that decision? To me black power means nothing. black americans have been here since well before the founding of this nation as have hispanic peoples. We are all americans and while we may have ethnic groups, to celebrate ones skin colour makes absolutely no sense to me other than to promote some superiority complex.

Once again nobody is forcing you on what to say and likewise other people will have opinions on the views you choose to display openly. If you don't like it, don't parade it around. Skin colour to me has absolutely no basis for who you are as a person, or what your family or ancestors achieved. If people think that being white, blonde haired, or any othe physical traits is relevant to their achievements then they must have poor confidence in themselves, and yes, it can only be a racist in nature.

The concensus of this thread seems to suggest, white people are free to celebrate based on their origin but certainly not their skin color.

Once again that is false. Nothing is stopping you from celebrating your skin colour, however you cannot force the rest society or anybody else to just accept it or agree with you. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.
edit on 3-12-2010 by Southern Guardian because: fixed

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave

There are White people from and in several nations all over the world
There are Black people from and in several nations all over the world

There is Black Pride allowed and accepted. Based purely on skin color, regardless of nation/orign

The OP has asked why there cannot be

White Pride allowed and accepted. Based purely on skin color, regardless of nation/origin

The concensus of this thread seems to suggest, white people are free to celebrate based on their origin but certainly not their skin color. If your roots are English, feel free to celebrate England's culture, but do not dare celebrate your "whiteness"

So go ahead and tell yiour black friends to celebrate being Kenyan, but make sure they do not mention being black or celebrate their "blackness"

Most jews I have met have white skin. So, since I have white skin I should be able to celebrate white power because of the oppression suffered by my fellow white "brothers".

Much like my black friends can celebrate, based on the oppression suffered by their black "brothers"

Let us also not forget the oppression suffered by the untold number of "white" indentured servants brought to America from europe often devalued and cared for even less than the slaves brought from Africa. Look it up.

I am not defending, or preaching white power, I am just responding to the OP's original post the way he intended?

You know, that was well stated, and now I think that problem is not white pride vs black pride, the problem is that if you love white and hate black, or love black and hate white.

We don't need any more hate in this world.

I don't know all the answers, nobody does, but it is healthy to have civil discussions to broaden your horizons.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Its surprising and equally funny to see how many white hating racists are actually on this site. Though they wouldn't consider themselves racists would they? Its not racist to hate whites

Pretty sad.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
As my Korean wife put it...

Why isn't there a white appreciation day? Because every day is a white appreciation day, in the U.S.

White people often simply have no idea how much different and difficult it can be NOT being white. They take for granted so many things - they have no idea how much the world (in the States) tilts their way, in so many ways.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
A short history lesson for those who don't know

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS
reply to post by felonius

do not use that same tongue to quote bob.
You only have knowledge to support your point of view. But you should stand by facts. Your probably believe that thats a big ball of ice out there. The fact is that its the sun. Your words are meaningless when they aren't braided with facts. The very belief in Race is racism so if you love 'race' and not the human race that is racist. You need to understand where the concept of civilization came from. I have a better quote "if you dont know where you came from, you definately have no idea where your going." good luck

Hah haaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

PRAISE BOB!!!!!

Freeeeyunds! We shall nay how tern to they Book of Rasta in the Chayapter of Maaarlay!

" Thou shayalt naughyt blayasfeeem the name Maaarlay lest yew eyunginder they wrayath of Proles. Thaay shall kawl yew a raysist."

Really dude? Take another hit. When your sleeping you're better for our society.

Loving your race is racist? I guess when you are happy with your "self" your automatically a narcisist also?

If I love my dog because he's loyal and just a damn good friend, I guess I'm into bestiality?

You poor little prole. Just remember, when it hits the fan you can hide behind me. I'll have a spare pistol for ya to use if your goolies decide to drop.

BTW, where DID the "concept of civilization" come from? Enlighten me.

I really enjoy folks like you. Thanks for playing.

edit on 3/12/10 by felonius because: add

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

A short history lesson for those who don't know

And what does this have to do with loving your own race?

How many here in this thread have said anything about "lets kill us some blackies" or anything similiar?

How many of us have said "they were wrong for giving equal rights to others"?

Equal rights are EQUAL across the board. No "special rights" , "protected classes" or "hate crime situations".

THIS is the kind of crap the thread was written for.

I suppose the white / European bloodlines are the only ones that have EVER done anything wrong.

Contrary to some of the idiots here, I'm NOT a racist. If I had to risk my life to help a friend of a different race, the color of his skin wouldnt enter into it.

The qualifying factor would have been met. He / she was my friend and had earned the right.

The only thing in my mind would be "OH shiznit! My bud's in trouble!".
edit on 3/12/10 by felonius because: add

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cj6

What exactly have whites had to fight for or struggle for?? Umm..nothing!! They moved from place to place slaughtering natives and taking over. Is that what you wanna celebrate?? If theres something specific for whites to celebrate then please enlighten me...

And i agree that whites dont really have a "culture" thats just my opinion.

So the Roman Empire, Ancient Greece, Marco Polo, Copernicus, Galileo, Tesla, Edison, The Wright Brothers Airplane, Henry Ford, Oppenheimer, Einstein, Von Braun...... None of these people and things they did are great accomplishments of white people?

But being black in america makes you "African"?
Did you know our Tax dollars now fund an "Ebonics" language program in the FBI

years and years ago before facebook sold out I was banned for having a white pride group. Notice how they arent there anymore and if they are they are watered down spayed and neutered by drunken wanabe frats. But somehow "Black Power" and "Brown Pride" get to stay?

He
edit on 3-12-2010 by Wademus because: content

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join