It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs New York City RAW video footage 2010 (HD) In CBS News

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

An those "air currents" would make them stay there all day? Again... next.

Also this doesn't take into account the winds for the day, 4.4 mph average, 12-17 mph gusts.
edit on 1-12-2010 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by redhorse

So how do you explain that they were seen all day and they don't seem to move any higher in the sky.

Windcurrents are funny things; especially ones created by buildings. I have seen this before, with paper, balloons, plastic bags, etc... Also, they weren't that stationary; they did move around, albeit in the same (what appears to be) updraft.

Also, whatever wind phenomenon that had swept the first three up in the first place, may very well have acted on the others that came later.

Originally posted by NoJoker13Also I love how "artists" think they can give credible "scientific" explanations, show me your credentials in physics, art is laughable.

You seem to have a beef with artists and art in general. This causes me to question your objectivity in regards to my responses in general. So 'art is laughable' because it's not science, and therefor the opinion of an artist is laughable. I must say I do find that a bit circumstantially convenient for you. On that note...

Ad hominem attacks are cheap attempts to discredit someone, and it is generally a tactic used by someone losing ground in an argument. However, since you are getting personal... Now, I'm not saying you're not smart, or that you're not smarter than me (please note he use of the double negative here, case in point), or that your chosen vocation is laughable (whatever that may be), or even that you necessarily ARE losing this particular discussion. I am saying that you may want to rethink your debate tactics here.

On another note, I'm not sure where I claimed to give a 'scientific' explanation. Lemme check...

Nope. Never said that. I'm not sure why you thought I did. Weird. I'll go back to the word 'objectivity'; the vehemence of your response, and the apparent fact that you believe I said things that I didn't indicates that you are some how emotionally invested in those objects (whatever they may be) not being balloons. It could be aliens. It's possible. My brain interprets-'balloons', as the most probable reality though. *shrug*

I will go so far as to say that an artists training does give you a certain amount of discernment when it comes to all of the funny stuff reflected light does. You have a bigger toolbox of experience to draw from in that regard. That's all. There are no calculations involved I must admit. But I know from long experience that it is well within the realm of possibility/probability for simple sunlight to create an illuminating effect.
edit on 1-12-2010 by redhorse because: spelling

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy

Originally posted by SKinLaB
It looks like 3 balloons tied together the way they are moving around. Thats just me. Interesting though.

yeah... until you watch more than a minute of video...

oh contraire, i watched it 2 times. It looks like balloons to me. I could watch it 20 times with the same results. I dont know what it is. I know what it looks like to me though. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Why cant some of you just accept that? Your opinion is its a UFO. Do you see me trying to convince you it is not? I dont see any hard evidence on either side. Its mere opinion on both sides. I said what it looks like to me. You cant convince me otherwise.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213

We see no stops, no hard turns no manuevering -AT ALL- sadly, just objects at the mercy of a strong wind gust.If it is a craft, it's malfunctioning and out of contol.

Errrm.... yes we do, watch the video again, there is clearly hard turns (rotation)

I propose they are held together by something rigid, but perhaps not completely inflexibile judgeing by the way the group tumbles, (and each balloon moves on it's own but they don't tangle so it's not rope or string).

I agree totally, its not rope or string it has to be something rigid, which debunks all those videos of people saying it was them who released the balloons.

The killer here is that no one on the street is takeing it as a serious sighting, Some said it looked like balloons, although I believe one guy was a saying it sacastically, like thats what they want you to think "wink wink*. Hey I wan't to believe also, but if that's any type of craft, it's out of control, and at the mercy of the wind. aka Ballons.

Its not out of control and it certainly is not at the mercy of wind as typical balloons usually are. The other two "balloons" are proof of this.

Also even if just 1 of the tethers/rods "broke" there would still be a tether/rod attached to whatever balloon got disconnected, it would not keep that triangle shape.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It really does look like balloons to me.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by SKinLaB

Ya then when they move far away from each other whats your explanation for that? Also the fact that they don't seem to move any farther away and seem to be illuminating a light.

edit on 1-12-2010 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

I dont have an explanation. Only opinion like you and the rest of the people that posted on it.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

YA GOTTA BE KIDDING.....

to me they look like 3 balloons twisting in the wind...........OR......COULD IT BE???

A LASER DISPLAY FROM SOMEWHERE HERE ON EARTH......

trust me, pal, these/it is NOT a UFO!!!!!!!!!

SORRRRRY!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

AT LAST!!!! A PERSON WHO ACTUALLY KNOW HOW TO HOLD A CAMERA STEADY!!!

I'm rejoicing right now. Not because of undisputable footage, but of the clear picture.

Amen!

S & F!!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
three ballons tied together with string.

i for one am sick of looking at balloons, chinese lanterns etc and them being passed off as ufos.
not only does it completely discredit the ufo phenomena and community, but if and when real footage is presented nobody will believe it.

i personally think that anyone that believes this video contains a ufo is gullible.
until i see a CRAFT and i can see the nuts and bolts on the thing then and only then will i believe what im seeing is a ufo, not these stupid videos of BLATANT balloons.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

There were multiple releases (hence, seen "all day").
The wind speeds are different at different heights.

The police, Air Force, etc. didn't seem too concerned about it at all, did they?

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree...no worries.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BG43214
reply to post by RUSSO

YA GOTTA BE KIDDING.....

to me they look like 3 balloons twisting in the wind...........OR......COULD IT BE???

A LASER DISPLAY FROM SOMEWHERE HERE ON EARTH......

trust me, pal, these/it is NOT a UFO!!!!!!!!!

SORRRRRY!!!!!!!!!

Balloons cannot explain this.

Lasers creating 3 dimensional orbs in the sky?

Next....

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

The police, Air Force, etc. didn't seem too concerned about it at all, did they?

If they sent jets up or helicopters this would bring a hell of alot of attention to this sighting and give it way more credibility than it already has, governments and or secret military already know ufos exist and need to downplay footage like this.

Also i didnt see any chemtrails or planes flying around the area once in that footage so does anyone know if its some sort of no fly zone/airports near or something?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

So objects thousands of feet higher then the buildings themselves are still being affected by the buildings updrafts? That makes a whole lot of sense. Also you didn't state the word "scientific" but you did allude to the fact that you new exactly how an object should shine and how light would come off of it even from 1000's of feet away, I'd call that an attempt at a legit "scientific" response, what would you call it? Again these objects stay at the same height for an extremely long amount of time, to long for the factors your trying to weigh in.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
No, its not a 30 seconds video,
No, its not a blurred footage,
No, its not a shaky footage,
No, its not baloons,
No, its not skydivers,
No, its not CGI,
No, Its not Venus,
No, its not swamp gas,
No, Its not a plane,
No, its not flares,
And No, its not Superman.

Yes its a clear, daylight Video
Yes, is a REAL RAW footage,
Yes, was in the CBS News,
and,
YES, ITS A REAL UFO.

History:

October 15, 2010 — (CBS) Exclusive New York City "UFO" Footage

CBS News obtained footage of mysterious glowing orbs floating over New York City which some are calling UFOs.

An unidentified flying object was seen floating in the skies over New York City. Officials believe it was some kind of balloon.

Video:

Link cbs news

So, if you ask me about 13 october 2010, i could assemble here those many sightings that happened in that day, but none like this one. I think that day was realy special to the UFO hunters.

Enjoy this video as much as I did.

If you agree that this is a UFO and have something interesting to say, you are more than welcome .
If you disagree that this is a UFO and have something interesting to say, you are welcome too.
If you want to moc/troll this OP, please, go get something better to do.

Thanks in advance.

edit on 30-11-2010 by RUSSO because: add cbs link

edit on 30-11-2010 by RUSSO because: modify tittle

Omg.we went through all of this nonsense on Oct 13th.
If you cannot see three balloons twirling in the wind, I'm not sure what your seeing .This has all been seen and its over.Unless I see some new footage of that day then I'm not gonna get goated into another NYC UFO thread.
This footage shows nothing extraordinary at all.
You are still grasping for straws and the fact that nothing ever came of that day except alot of people trying to claim something happened proves that its over.It was nothing.I said it before , if ET's wanted something profound to happen that day , to wake us up or to verify their existance, they would have really put on a show at lower altitudes and they would have made sure there was no question as to what we were seeing.
But all that happened was a lot of people who were whipped into a frenzy of prehype regarding Oct 13th, saw whatever they wanted to see.
Please give us something from that day we havent seen, and then we can actually take another look at that days events.
I'm sorry but that day came and went for most of the world with absolutely no controversy what so ever.
Its time to move on.Peace.
edit on 1-12-2010 by mark1167 because: typo

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

No Way!!! those are not ballons, you might say that they are bright because of the sun set, but the way they moove is organised, and not random ballons bouncing against each other in the wind...

there is something to this vid...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Can you you imagine the hysteria that wold break out if New Yorkers saw F-16's whipping around the sky above them. I remember when Obama had Air Force One and an F-16 fly, unannounced, around the Statue of Liberty for a photo op. Look at the chaos it caused.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JRCrowley
reply to post by RUSSO

You guys need to start using JUST A TAD more critical thinking.

I did, I explained the science behind a balloon going high altitudes, and how science proves it cannot be balloons, ESPECIALLY those supposedly "IFO" (the ones of the teacher), yet "critical thinkers" and debunkers avoid my post because it cannot be debunked... why? because I used FACTS.

Critical thinking isn't about not believing, is about evaluating evidence, examine assumptions and assessing a conclusion
edit on 1-12-2010 by Enter Ruin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Notice the swaying, rocking motion? Notice they bump into eachother several times? It's either balloons or some drunk aliens

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I can DEFINITELY see how all of these people think these things are balloons! I mean, balloons ALWAYS move in precise formations when being blown about by the wind. Also, balloons have been proven to glow brightly in the middle of the sky in broad daylight!

People, can we please broaden our thoughts maybe just a tad and agree that these could NOT be balloons? It doesn't have to be a UFO but come on people, balloons? Open your minds a little bit. Maybe it's a military experiment or something! Who knows?

Balloons doesn't seem physically possible to me based on the fact that the move so precisely. If it was three balloons tied to each other I don't think they would move like that. They would probably bunch up and do random movements. But the things in the video line up perfectly and make a perfect triangle!

I am not trying to disrespect ANYONE'S opinions, but it seems everyone just wants to rush to the opinion that it's balloons and not even try to fathom the possibility that it could be something else! ET or not!

Nice post OP!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
So the brilliant super advanced extra terrestrials continue to play games and only allow cameras to get crappy footage of them. Unlike in the past where they lived/had sex with us and built all of our awesome cities, and gave humans technology, only to disappear completely, allow us to lose all that technology only to get it back on our own (except for our military aircraft, thats all alien inspired), and now reveal themselves as glowing indistinguishable pixel blobs. Yeah that sums up about 90% of the threads here on ATS

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join