It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hatred toward American Kids in online games

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I'd say you can't expect people to be civil everywhere you go online.
Especially in ANY game where there will be young ones who can hide behind a user name without repercussions of what they do.

But honestly what did you expect?
It's not just League of Legends that people will talk about this kind of stuff.
It's any game that attracts such. And it's not only people from these countries, its from any country including your own.

The fact that the OP said "They are mostly Asian & middle eastern & alot of Uk player's." without any source of information backing that claim up, kinda makes me think that's the population he THINKS or WANTS them to be.

If your surprised to hear that foreigners think Americans are obese,spoiled, stupid and greedy - then you should really check out these other countries, because from the many foreigners I've talked to, they think of us just like that. (I'm American, but can't say I'm too proud to be one)

You can't expect bunnies and rainbows for your kids online.
In fact, my personal opinion is that you should keep your kids offline.

There's no one to complain to but yourself, a company won't waste money to regulate rules on monitoring every single word typed into their chat logs.
Even you bringing it up to us, there's nothing we can do other then tell you stop letting your kids online if you don't want to expose them to such talk.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Long time reader, First time poster. Defiantly understand how you are feeling about this, I myself have been playing a online mmo for the last 5 years. 2 and half of those years on a oceanic server which is made up of European, Australian, and number of other country's players. And yeah there is a lot of hate and a lot of he said she said crap. The majority of these folks who slam the USA do it cause they like to troll very much like a number of people on this message boards. On a couple of occasions I've found myself pretty pissed off and since then ive stopped playing on oceanic servers. Not saying i didn't enjoy it but a couple bad eggs can ruin it for everyone.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

How does not liking Americans = terrorist activity? Sounds like some creepy nationalist tendencies to me, and I am an American. It's a bunch of kids for god's sakes---they're going to make fun of each other in whatever way possible, and I'm pretty sure that little 11 year Billy who makes a bomb joke is a little # and everything, but "international terrorist" might be over reacting just a touch. There is a whole other part of this planet outside of America, you know...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Im guessing youve never watched nor played the Dragonball / Z series

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
Im guessing youve never watched nor played the Dragonball / Z series

My guess is the OP has never been outside of the county they were born in...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

report them to the proper authorities, Britain has even tougher laws regarding this type of speech. Send a copy of your screens to DHS and maybe even the FCC too. they are using this freedom of speech as a tool, by abusing it they hope to make it disappear.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
mind you none of them could even talk about their own countries that bad because they would be in a prison ! besides there is nothing to talk about from the countries which this stuff is coming out of, total boredom and jealousy turns into hate...

edit on 11/28/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Edit : Freaking ATS got me dp'ing
edit on 28-11-2010 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
when your country stops raping people an destroying homes, maybe you will have the right to complain

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

I agree. I'm guessing he's never been to his kid's Career Day, or probably wasn't a kid himself back in the days
OP: Things like this happen alll the time. i've been on many MMO's. Most recently Vindictus, but I also played Combat Arms, AVA, and of course Call of Duty, and things like this are natural. ESPECIALLY on EU servers. Spain + Portugal + France + Britain + Germany + Poland etc all on one server.
Doesn't matter how good your translations are, they'll find out, flame you, etc. Simple solution is to go to settings and Disable Chat or disable the chat window.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

i understand your concern and take my hat off to you for being a responsible parent and monitoring the situation.
believe me, there are some parents out there who just leave their kids to it, and take no interest in what they are exposed to whilst on online games etc.

it is not only americans or kids that get that treatment, and i can assure you there are some americans targeting people online to with hateful comments also.

it is not something that is limited to a country or age group, but it can be a problem.

like some have already said, your best bet is to go for something that is more top of the range and pay a subscription fee, these types have better filters, better service, and better complaint procedures, if you have a problem on them you can be sure they will do their best to resolve the issue. which is why most people on them are polite and leave other people alone, because they do not want to get banned.

edit on 28-11-2010 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I'm not a gamer : never played what you are describing;

macho b.s,comment deleted if these could be just stupid kids.

?
edit on 28-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2010 by 46ACE because: too macho/violent for stupid kidsjust being stupid kids.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
when your country stops raping people an destroying homes, maybe you will have the right to complain

Lol that is a lot of what is said in the game.
You are a prime example .

Why would you say such hateful thing's?
I nor anyone i know goes around raping people and stealing home's.
and yes i am my country..
But just cause OUR GOVERNMENT does stuff you don't like doesn't mien you take it out on every United sates citizen.

I must be old fashioned cause if i ever said talked to people this way growing up i would have got backhanded.

What would this guy's post have to do with a video game?
Absolutely nothing.
Because i am a American citizen i have no right to speak...cause of what my government does.
well good day.
and i am glad i brought a little of the League of legend community with me to flame the thread lol
God it is a game not to be used as a political tool.

edit on 29-11-2010 by TheAmused because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
funny...they do all of this while playing a game coded by americans.

the plan for America is working, we are being made to be the next "Nazi's".

tptb aren't even using a new strategy....its the same one from ww2.

Germany had to be the fall-guy for the establishment of Israel, now America has to be the fall-guy for the establishment of the world government (Israel).

think about it. scorched earth/Russia.....scorched earth/middle east. army spread thin....just like hitler.

china is about to enter the war, and be the new superpower. as America did before.

the whole world will love china, for taking out the evil americans.

there will be world policies to rid america of "patriotism" just as germany did to rid of "Nazism".

patriots are the new "brown shirts"

oh and in the same way that japan dragged america into the war, south korea will drag china into it.

theres even fallguys for the fallguys. the entire story is the same, they have just replaced all the characters.

so get use to it.

also, the only big move left before this happens is to take our guns. all that takes is a big event + martial law

edit on 29-11-2010 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Err. do you have any evidence for all 'muslims' openly loving the fact that 9/11 occurred? Or could be some misguided individuals?
Please don't generalise in future please.

I play online games alot - ALOT and the abuse goes both ways - I've been called Brit scum, honkey, eurotrash - all by Canadians and Americans... it happens - its just playground nonsense - rams locking horns while following a pack mentality....I don't have a problem with it; I would change your privacy settings to allow friends only comms - (will only work on the consoles - which are much safer than PC interms of filtering and safeguards).

In conclusion its not an anti-american sentiment - its an anti-everything, anti-noob and anti-exploiter mentality...

P.S What blows my mind is that can tell what country a player is from just by how they play - or at least wittle it down to 2! - but thats another thread.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Well yeah - you are complicit since you voted - right? America IS a democracy right? Only when it suits I guess.

The problem is that the state and its people should sometimes be dealt with seperatley, you didn't directly invade another sovereign country but you voted - or at least the mojority of your countrymen for that people that did...people don't have time to get you back story and political views so this is where gross generaliastions work best - as you did with your post about muslims throwing a party over 9/11.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I play many online games, including LoL (League of Legends) and HoN (Heroes of Newerth). Of ALL the online games I have EVER played, including many many FPS games where people "talk smack" a lot, I have found the players & community of LoL and HoN to be the most abrasive, arrogant, elitist, and general assholes of any other gaming community. Most of it does appear to be race-based, I don't know why. They just seem to like to lash out, not even really caring what race you are, just that you are not THEIR race (whoever is doing the insulting).

While playing LoL and HoN, I have been called a "fat American", "stupid pinnoy" (apparently a slang insult for Portuguese and Brazilian players), "stupid yellow chink", "dumb n*gger", etc. And those are just the racial-specific insults. Obviously they had no idea of my true ethnicity since I have been called all of those things, like I said they just like to lash out, often in voice chat, which is not logged, so there is no way to file a complaint. It seems that every other game always has some loud obnoxious British fellows calling everyone "f*cking c*nts" and the like.

The swearing and aggressive behavior in these 2 particular games is just over the top somehow, for reasons unknown. For some reason the majority of players in these 2 particular games just seem filled with hate, and spitefulness. If they are not verbally or textually attacking other players, they often engage in "griefing" activities which is basically doing anything they can to ruin the game and make their team lose.

I would not recommend LoL or HoN for anyone who does not have a thick skin, and certainly not for children.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by eightonefive

Originally posted by zerbot565
reply to post by links234

read up on why the nerfed wow and you might even be supriced your self as to why it was dumbed down and in what time line they did most of the nerfing,

its an objective observation with factual content,

you are the reason this topic was created. You yourself are generalizing Americans and how stupid we are, yet you can't even spell "surprised". If your statement is true, link it.

its not my native language ,. what more can i say , well
just "google" wow and nerfed or dumbed down and youll find plenty of answers as to what the changes where game wise and why , ( stat changes where made because people couldnt cope with "so many stats")

and while your at it "google" first kills u.s vs eu servers then combine the two time lines and look for your self
how first kills and dumbing down went hand in hand ,
if i even recall correctly one of the guilds that made the majority of the first kills left wow never to return because of a dumbed down game.

so there you have it eu servers did most of the first kills while it was still hard , then it got dumbed down and u.s servers got in sync,

im not saying u.s players are behind on math but you contributed to a games downfall.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
The funny thing with these games is, that even though the crap kids are talking to each other casually and seemingly randomly in a way that is probably much worse than the speeches of Hitler, eventually their level of coöperation is huge compared to the "real world".
I've been on the internet since my sixth or seventh year and I encountered a lot of hate speech.
I do not think that this has turned me into an intolerant racist, but instead I learnt not to react to others in a hateful way, in general.

You have to understand your children are not made of sugar, and that in order for them to learn to be polite, they also have to learn what it is to be impolite.
In Holland we are using bycicles a lot, and when the kids are learning to use them, they often fall.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by minute2midnight

Originally posted by Segador
The game is rated T, its like buying Gears of War for your child and complaining about the violence in that game.
When you play online games you should expect this.

This honestly did not need a thread, file a complaint and move on if you have a problem.
edit on 28-11-2010 by Segador because: (no reason given)

Game ratings have nothing to do with online interactions. For example, FE is rated M, but they don't even tolerate swearing in the chat channels, let alone racist or terroristic remarks.

Being rated T means nothing. Filing a complaint will do nothing. It's a F2P pile of crap and should be avoided like the plague.

NO being T rated means unsuitable for persons under 13 therefore not suitable for a ten year old. I'm not a gamer but I say give your kid an age appropriate game or suck it up. Some would argue that abuse of other players is merely a gamesmanship tactic to put off your opponent.

Americans can't continue to murder and steal from the rest of the world and not expect a backlash in any aspect of their lives. People dont hate on americans because they are jealous of what you've got people hate on americans because of what you have done what you continue to do as a nation and what average americans believe through their brainwashing. Stand up and be counted as decent members of a global civilisation and the hate will evaporate.

In game abuse is nothing in the grand scheme of things, get thick skinned or stand up to you govt and corporations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join