It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hatred toward American Kids in online games

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Recently i have started letting my kid play online game's on the pc.
I have noticed something very odd to me.

I will use the game League of legends.
www.leagueoflegends.com...
cause this is the game my kid plays.

here is one forum post to show what i am saying.
www.leagueoflegends.com...

But my kid plays this game.
And has been called everything from..Fat american.
Dumb americans i can not even post on this forum the stuff they say.
Even got screenshots of them trying to get people in the united states to bomb stuff.
they do this openly in chat.
The online company riot game's.
Allows this to happen with no punishment to the player's doing it.

They are mostly Asian & middle eastern & alot of Uk player's.
But the server is for north American..they have a European server..closer to there location.
They openly will do everything in there power to piss you off if they find out your a American.

I started playing the game also with my kid for fun.
And in one game a player wanted to kill our president. openly said it in chat.
i report the player's the riot games allows it to keep happening.

I even had one player offer my kid money she is under age 10...in a bank account if she would mail posion to a certain person..i don't want to go to far on this matter here

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
The reason i posted this is i wanted to know if maybe it is like this on other online game' for the pc.
If everyone hate's america.

Or is this the norm on the internet for kid's born in america now?

Either way it's a problem i think and need's dealt with.
maybe goverment interference with gaming companies that allow this to happen?
i dont know just seem's like when it get's this bad for kid's to play a game...
We have jumped to a whole new level of terrorism.
lol

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
It's normal stereotyping. What are you going to do?
Article here
Even this article points out how kids, teens and young adults can go to the extreme in order to play video games. I would have your children ignore the comments. Kids and teens from all over the planet are made fun on various websites. Many kids believe what they are typing is fact and is not offensive.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I haven't played this particular game. However, in most multiplayer games other users will rip on you if you are of any identifiable nationality or ethnicity. Change your name to 'French' and see what happens for example. It's just trolling by losers probably living in their moms basement - if you cannot get rid of the abuse by contacting the server admin just change your name to something else. Also trying joining an online gaming community that isn't full of retards.
edit on 28/11/10 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I dont think that its a form of terrorism, but I have seen it myself on the 360. I am a female and when I want I play first person shooters. I keep my mic off because I dont want to be picked on, but I have been on with friends that have black characters and they have been called all kinds of names (that I cannot mention here) but its vulgar.

It is an open forum and not supervised. You can either leave, or complain, but to get it to stop will be a challenge in itself.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

No, it's the norm for F2P games. F2P games let in all the riff raff free loading losers. Plus mostly an asian player base.

You won't find anything like that tolerated in a AAA mmo game. Find a good one, pay the $15/month, you'll have a much better experience.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
at that point if someone said we are happy the twin towers are down i would say well im happy that Muhammad is a piece of crap fake imposter

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by minute2midnight

Yeah i will just spend the money for my kid a monthly subscription game.
I swear i didnt realize these online f2p mmo games let people do stuff like this.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Make sure he gets really good then kick their ass in the game.... Like if he got bullied at school you can only take so much but after you hit the son a bitch he gets the message your not going to take it.. Let alone online trash someone who just fragged you 10x and has a score 20x theirs...
edit on 28-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

For a really great, friendly community (and well moderated) I'd recommend Fallen Earth. But that's just me. It depends on the type of game you and your kid like.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Well my point on why i said is it a form of terrorism.
is based on the fact.
They flat ask american kid's to do horrible stuff from time to time.
Like mail poison to someone ..ect.ect...
and if you video tape the proof they will let you in there clans or give you in game money.
Some kid's are dumb enough to do this ...just so you know.

I am saying let's say people offered you 500 dollars on here to do something against ya government.
You would stop visiting this site if the mod's didn't stop it right.
of course you would.
it would become a breeding ground for terrorism.

So that's why i said terrorism.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Soon everything we do will be called terrorism..except pay our taxes and tow the line.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
you can't help these things from happening. what can you do? kids are always going to be naive to the world around them. a foreigner will never understand anymore than what they see on TV, just the same as any american. when we began the war, there was much racism going around, even when there were no muslims or middle easterners around. you'll only have an opinion for as much as you know about the topic. obviously these people dont know anything more about america than that we have highest population of obese people and that we kill everything and are stupid. 2/3 we can change.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Well my point on why i said is it a form of terrorism.
is based on the fact.
They flat ask american kid's to do horrible stuff from time to time.
Like mail poison to someone ..ect.ect...
and if you video tape the proof they will let you in there clans or give you in game money.
Some kid's are dumb enough to do this ...just so you know.

I am saying let's say people offered you 500 dollars on here to do something against ya government.
You would stop visiting this site if the mod's didn't stop it right.
of course you would.
it would become a breeding ground for terrorism.

So that's why i said terrorism.

Its based on "your" fact. Whatever they ask or state is based on the person they asked. Just because someone asks you to do something, doesn't mean you do it. If you are asking if :dumb: kids get asked, will they do it, then my answer may be different.

If a child is Not ready for online gaming then maybe they should be on something else, but you cannot actually ask someone if they were asked a particular question would they base their freedoms or lifestyle based on a question someone asks on a game, if its real.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Well its a crappy F2P game, go figure.

Might as well DL WoW and get on a free server for your kiddo, imo.

link   

Originally posted by asperetty
you can't help these things from happening. what can you do? kids are always going to be naive to the world around them.

The average gamer is 35 years old. Believe me, these morons know exactly how they're acting.

link   
Sorry. Double post.

I don't know why I keep having multiple posts tonight.
edit on 11/28/2010 by minute2midnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The game is rated T, its like buying Gears of War for your child and complaining about the violence in that game.
When you play online games you should expect this.

This honestly did not need a thread, file a complaint and move on if you have a problem.
edit on 28-11-2010 by Segador because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

edit on 28-11-2010 by eightonefive because: double post

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
game looks like a #ty knockoff of Aion anyway. have your kid hit mmorpg.com and find another game. even runes of magic which is f2p you wont find this kind of hatred. I've played just about every game out there and never experienced this kind of nonsense. I bounce from game to game, if your kid is in it for the pvp, let me recommend darkfall.

Otherwise fork out the money for World of Warcraft of something similar.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join