It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea deploys SA-2 surface-to-air missiles near Yellow Sea border with S. Korea

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel412

If they get ballsy and attack it, let alone sink it. Then it's all over for NK.
Good riddance

link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
You know this next generation of people somehow think a draft cannot ever happen again.They just do not get it or understand how this stuff works at all.

You dont have to worry about the draft if you have medical problems not even disabling ones just a simple fact of being overweight gets you out of the draft dodge and if you have really bad eyes there not going to draft you. Oh and since women are equal i would hope they get drafted also.....

link   
Has anyone seen this yet?

Holy crap this is crazy...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Well it will take a major esculation though for a draft to happen and maybe a war with Iran.Have to avoid that as well.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter
reply to post by Mercenary2007

The unfortunate thing is, all it takes is one slip-up from any of the sides at this point, to rev the war machine up. Its clear that the NK "leadership" is playing with a half discarded deck. I do hope I am wrong. But any way I look at this, something isn't right somewhere.

your right all it takes is one slip up. But The U.S. and Sk will not shoot first. They are telling NK if you really want a fight you fire the first shot while the U.S. has a carrier here and the worlds attention is on the Korea's That way there is no denying who fired the first shot and who will be to blame for the resumption of the Korean war.

over the next 4 days China is going to be exerting all their influence over NK to try and stop them from doing something stupid. China doesn't want a war in Korea. for several reasons

1. it will destabilize the region
2. they will lose their buffer between a democratic government in SK and the U.S. Military in SK
3. China's borders will be flooded with refugees looking for food, medicine. and China can't absorb that many refugees.
4. China would be embarrassed that it couldn't control NK
5. China wouldn't be seen as a regional power any longer
6. China would be faced with the possibility that Taiwan would break completely away from China.

I'm sure their are more reasons but i can't think of them right now.

The U.S. is trying a little bit of gun boat diplomacy right now with NK. they are giving Kim Jong Ill something to think about. how bad does he really want a war right now, and how far is he willing to push the U.S. and China right now.

We all know what Kim really wants, but he knows he's not going to get it this time, and he knows China is starting to grow tired of his games. he Just doesn't know how much longer he will live and he don't know how much longer China will tolerate him and his games either. If this continues on much longer I'm sure most people will be surprised when China invades NK and installs a puppet Government.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
South Korea is fed up with thier government now not doing enough to stop North Korea.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Yeah i wouldn't count on women being drafted if they brought back the draft.

Anyone know what the cut off age is for the draft so i know if i need to get fat or not.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Nobody nowadays is going to show up if a mandatory draft is instated. I can barely see the government using this option because they know the dont have a shot again at building public moral geared towards organized murder and if they did, it would be out of a last ditch effort and nobody who is still on the governments side would go for it.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Just heard on SkyNews that the South Korean defence officials have told all journalists to get off the islands because "the situation is bad".

Edit; found a link: South Korea orders journalists off island
edit on 28-11-2010 by FermiFlux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FermiFlux
Just heard on SkyNews that the South Korean defence officials have told all journalists to get off the islands because "the situation is bad"

hear that everybody? The situation is bad!! haha if I was an american journalist id find the nearest translator to say "NO SH*T man!"

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

"We all know what Kim really wants, but he knows he's not going to get it this time, and he knows China is starting to grow tired of his games. he Just doesn't know how much longer he will live and he don't know how much longer China will tolerate him and his games either. If this continues on much longer I'm sure most people will be surprised when China invades NK and installs a puppet Government."

that's what i see happening too.

although i'm sure it won't be quick, tho.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Plan2exist18

Yea a little redundant. Fear of heavy fire upon anyone thing or person/group is usually a bad scene

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

China's State Councilor Dai Bingguo, a senior foreign policy adviser, met with South Korean President Lee Myung-bak in Seoul, according to Lee's office, which provided no details. South Korea's Yonhap news agency said they discussed the North Korean attack and how to ease tensions.

The meeting followed similar discussions Saturday between Dai and South Korean Foreign Minister Kim Sung-hwan, according to Seoul's Foreign Ministry.

foxnews

I'd expect a lot more diplomatic moves like this one from China over the next 4 days. China is starting to show they do not want a war in Korea and possibly that they won't back NK this time around is my hunch unless backed into a corner by SK and the U.S.

edit on 11/28/2010 by Mercenary2007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

thats funny though.

I thought I was 42, I may be wrong. But as for being fat no way the army won't let you. Last I heard they have what they call the fatmans program. If your fat-over weight your on the fatman program. If you want to join the army they will take you, but it's stright to the fatmans program combined with training. I'm sure it's still in effect; so I dont think you can roll away for it either,thats for people who want to join though. There might be a weight limit though for a draft. You might have to get really , really big to get a-round a draft though.

edit on 28-11-2010 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
OK Im on the east coast in the US. Its 2am and Im going to bed. When I wake up, THERE BETTER BE SOME GOOD DEVELOPMENTS on this story. I am so sick of hearing about this bologna. Its like the Sopranos.. I almost just wanted it to end a few seasons eaerlier because at first I was interested in then it seems like they rehashed some of the storylines and my emotional peaks where never quite there again. Anyway, a nice assassination of big time leader in either of the Koreas would be cool. But please, no more "talks" you slackers. As that boxing announcer dude said, "Lets get it on!"

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

My thing is you REALLY see the government being able to round up even a third of eligible warriors out on the streets? Not with the technology we have today!
edit on 28-11-2010 by Salamandy because: spose tabee a question

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SJE98

thats funny though.

I thought I was 42, I may be wrong. But as for being fat to dodge the draft, no way the army won't let you. Last I heard they have what they call the fatmans program. If your fat-over weight your on the fatman program. If you want to join the army they will take you, but , it's stright to the fatmans program combined with training. I'm sure it's still in effect.so i dont think you can roll away for it either. there might be a weight limit though, you might have to get really , really big to a a-round a draft.

Dude do you know how long it takes to loose 150 pounds??? Your going to be in fat man camp for a year atleast!
In a draft situation do you really think they will have 8 months to a year to get fat dudes skinny why they could be taking little twinks in the draft train them in 3 weeks and ship them right off.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Salamandy
OK Im on the east coast in the US. Its 2am and Im going to bed. When I wake up, THERE BETTER BE SOME GOOD DEVELOPMENTS on this story. I am so sick of hearing about this bologna. Its like the Sopranos.. I almost just wanted it to end a few seasons eaerlier because at first I was interested in then it seems like they rehashed some of the storylines and my emotional peaks where never quite there again. Anyway, a nice assassination of big time leader in either of the Koreas would be cool. But please, no more "talks" you slackers. As that boxing announcer dude said, "Lets get it on!"

Uh he was a referee Mills lane that said lets get it on..... The announcer is Mike buffer he says lets get ready to rumble
edit on 28-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

well hell i guess getting fat is out of the question then if its 42. I really don't care if they try and draft me. I'd love to see them try and send me overseas to fight. I'm an only son and a single father. they better think twice if they think i'm going to risk orphaning my kids to go fight a war. I'll happily do stateside service but thats it.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Salamandy

I don’t think they will round up anyone. The commanders want volunteers. I heard many of my friends before I retired complaining they want volunteers. Some received court ordered volunteers’ in their battalions, Quite few too. I think we should send the TSA. That should scare them good.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join