It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea deploys SA-2 surface-to-air missiles near Yellow Sea border with S. Korea

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyWarbucks
reply to post by quietone77

Japan has secretly deployed Godzilla along with an unspecified amount of underwater mechs piloted by anime catgirls. We have the upper hand gentlemen.
edit on 28-11-2010 by JohnnyWarbucks because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2010 by JohnnyWarbucks because: (no reason given)

Yay! Now we just have to wait for Mothra and the tiny singing girls to show up!

Then we'll see who's Big Boss!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Its on Yonhap news

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007

the docks in San Diego are pretty empty. the Nimitz and the Reagan are both at sea. (doing exercises) the Washington is in the Yellow sea. thats 3 of the 5 west coast carriers at sea right now. all that is missing is the Stennis (home port NB Kitsap, Washington) at and the Carl Vinson. (home port NAS North Island San Diego)
edit on 11/28/2010 by Mercenary2007 because: (no reason given)

Ok, that worries me. I have the Nimitz dockside, having just completed FRS (Nov 17), Regan dockside having just completed COMPUTEX (Nov 17), the Stennis dockside PIA in Bremerton (Nov 17), and the Vinson unknown.

If they're all at sea, I'm officially worried..

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockar
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

PAJU, South Korea, Nov. 28 (Yonhap) -- An artillery shot accidentally fired by a South Korean army unit fell on the South Korean side of the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) on Sunday afternoon, military officials said.

english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

Hmm, begs the question of how you 'accidentally' fire a crew-served weapon...
Second line

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

i know the Reagan and the Nimitz was at sea last week or the week before on exercises. The Reagan responded to help that cruise ship that broke down in the pacific while on exercises. I don't have any current info on the Stennis and Vinson or the remaining 4 east coast carriers. I wouldn't worry to much unless someone says the east coast ports are empty
edit on 11/28/2010 by Mercenary2007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

Most of the Atlantic fleet is parked in the Gulf, I'm more concerned with the Pacific fleet at the moment. My info says the Regan completed COMPUTEX and is dockside...strange.

Im not too worried about the excercises in the Yellow Sea, but if the other CVN's are steaming west.....

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
If this is true, stay out, Amerca - save your boys.

America - stay out!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Seems like the BBC have just put a 'Top Trumps' style inventory for both North and South Kores. Along with some worrying words about China calling the emercency talks.

Things seem to be hotting up, but in the media, I dont think its a realistic reflection on whats going on, on the ground.

BBC News link

Peace

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The SA-2/ SA-75 missile became a joke in the later part of the Vietnam war.

All the US had to do was take out there radars with AGM-88 High-speed Anti-Radiation Missile (HARM) from wild weasel aircraft and jam the on-board guidance on the missile.
en.wikipedia.org...

Since then we have been improving our counter measures as the Russians sold these to many countries when they found they no longer worked for there forces.
We had them fired at us in Iraq, Serbia, and Libya with little effect.

Israel uses our anti SA-2 systems and has had little problems with them ether.

One real big problem the SA-2 has now is there proximity fuse is a radar type fuse and it does not work on stealth aircraft.
unless they get a direct hit with the missile on a stealth aircraft the missile just flies by harmlessly.

The US Navy research labs at China Lake Calif have made it very easy for navy pilots to take apart a SA-2 missile battery piece by piece.

China Lake even has there own SA-2 missile radar and launch unit captured by Israel from the Egyptians.
The Israelis traded it for a number of AIM-9 sidewinder missiles.
This unit is setup at the China Lake Electronic Warfare Threat Environment Simulation (EWTES) site for training fleet pilots.
www.jhuapl.edu...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

edit on 28-11-2010 by slowisfast because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Symp EL

Now it is obvious it's only the US who wants to provocate war in the Korean penninsula. No One in the region want war !!!

Why the US insist on war exercise in the area so close to the border?

What kind of madness is that?

What is the whole purpose of this stupidity?

NK has every right to perform bombing exercise in their own territory. If anyone make any mistake, it will be blamed for provocation.

So, the US is begging NK to make mistake and bomb their ship.

This is a laughable and pathetic childishness. The US has already shown the world that they are not interested in reducing the tension in the region. Nothing to gain and everything to lose for the US in the midst of the wikileak exposure.

Because every body is watching, there can't be any sneaky trick for provocation either.

I suggest Chinese, South Korean and North Korean dispatches selected watchers in the area to monitor who makes mistakes and where their every and each artillary is landing.

Now the whole world is watching.

Red face for the US is so obvious. Where is the moral authority of the US? Gone, Zilch, NADA.

Not that there was any in the first place.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Let's get to the heart of the matter...

Does all of this mean I get a free pass to skip work on Monday and have wild, end-of-the-world sex?

Please say "Yes."

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Symp EL

This is not going well and i rest all blame on the US/SK forces with their war games,they will get their hands burnt sooner or later.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by notsoperfect

The US already exposed their evil intention to the world. They want to escalate the tension in the region when no one wants it. This is really a big loss for the US. It has become so obvious that the US is a war mongerer all around the world.

How the US is going to get any other nations to involved in the war against the NK if it ever happens.

NO ONE !!

Childish... Pathetic...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsoperfect
reply to post by Symp EL

Because every body is watching, there can't be any sneaky trick for provocation either.

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that,no matter what happens the rule of thumb is to blame the DPRK since they dont have a voice other than their own.

The recent conflict was caused by SK firing shells into DPRK territory,the DPRK responded by bombing a SK military outpost where the fleet had originated from.

All i saw in the media was anti DPRK propaganda such as "north korea bombs SK killing civilians" "north korea out of control" etc this is the reason i dont trust our goverment or media because they clearly lie and deceit us.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

The recent conflict was caused by SK firing shells into DPRK territory,the DPRK responded by bombing a SK military outpost where the fleet had originated from.
reply to post by amurphy245

I want to know how the mistake happened. My speculation is that it was deliberately planned.

The commander which was most likely located in the US navy ship command post gave the coordinate of the target and the SK navy ship's artillery was aimed at the coordinate without knowing where exactly the target was.

Easy to manipulate and cause disaster. And let them bomb each other and make it to escalate to no end.

Evilest deception without much trace in the eyes of the common people.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Symp EL

all they did was move their anti air in place for the coming battle its going to happen just a matter of time

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

My speculation is that it was deliberately planned.
The commander which was most likely located in the US navy ship command post gave the coordinate of the target and the SK navy ship's artillery was aimed at the coordinate without knowing where exactly the target was.
Easy to manipulate and cause disaster.

I posted in another thread a very similar scenario
where the US was responsible for this. So star
for you for agreeing with me

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by amurphy245

reply to post by Symp EL

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that,no matter what happens the rule of thumb is to blame the DPRK since they dont have a voice other than their own.

All i saw in the media was anti DPRK propaganda such as "north korea bombs SK killing civilians" "north korea out of control" etc this is the reason i dont trust our goverment or media because they clearly lie and deceit us.

I am most curious how you know who did what ...and in what order ...
Were you there? Did you see it?
Its not that I believe the media, but from this I have no reason to believe you either.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
2 noteworthy articles

China calls for urgent/emergency talks
www.foxnews.com...

South Korea accidentally fires shell
www.cnn.com...

It's about to get deep gentlemen

ban the hatches and save the babies

with all the Carrier Task Groups out to sea
a couple blows from China's DF21 to
our carriers and the US Mainland is open