It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea deploys SA-2 surface-to-air missiles near Yellow Sea border with S. Korea

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nocents

Maybe.

But my gut also whispers "Maybe Obama's hands are dirty with this...to boost his re-election rhetoric".

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

I can rely on nothing but my gut either. So what would the gain in your players be . Meaning who wins how
PS: Danm you can type fast
edit on 27-11-2010 by nocents because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007

Originally posted by Sentinel412
Actually this is how it works. But if the enemy sub is passive, your active sonar won't find it either. You know it's a vica-versa game. Plus the subs are capable to hide in the streams. So I'm right and you just confirmed it with everything what you've said. Thank you very much.

my last reply to you.

If you think thats how sonar works then nothing anyone says will change your mind. the reason the subs collide is because both subs are using passive sonar not one using passive and the other active.

A sub will only use active sonar if it has detected a threat and is trying to track it. passive sonar is essentially listening for the sound made by vessels. if the other sub is running quiet then you won't hear them with passive sonar. and since most subs have highly accurate maps of the ocean they don't need to use active sonar for navigation

And if the passive sonar receiver is not pointed in the right direction there is a good chance you wouldn't hear another sub coming from the opposite direction until it was to close to do anything to prevent the collision.

Again you might want to talk to someone that actually knows about sonar. See all i have to do is pick up the phone and call my father who spent time in the navy. and all that time he spent in the navy he was a sonar operator. or i can call my cousin who is currently in the navy that is sonar op on a sub!

Don't forget the US subs have high frequency underwater GPS also to nav with. My uncle is in the navy as a submarine navagational locator.
edit on 27-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nocents

I can rely on nothing but my gut either. So what would the gain in your players be . Meaning who wins how
PS: Danm you can type fast

America rarely removes a President from office during a major conflict, especially at the scale that a new Korean/World War would be. The timing is almost right for that theory too. Again, I said theory.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

You sir may have hit the nail on the head, In fact I have had the same thoughts, but not this early into his election.
A little wag the dog perhaps.

My guess would be about 3 1/2 years in. Too much time for things to go wrong at this point.

But time will tell.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

your right we rarely remove a sitting pres during a major conflict. But if the pres is doing a piss poor job running the war he will get the boot.

ME personally my gut is telling me that for the next 4 days NK and China are going to be louder than they ever have been but neither side will do anything to cause the resumption of the Korean war. Neither side really has anything to gain long term from a war in Korea. And Actually China and NK have the most to lose if war did break out.
edit on 11/27/2010 by Mercenary2007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I have to say, this ongoing incident is very serious and I think there are people on this thread not taking it seriously. If N. Korea decides to launch an offensive during the war games - I am pretty certain that SK/U.S. will lose a lot of lives, even more so on the north. I really don't think NK is bluffing on this one, like they have done so in the past and I think people are falling for it.

This is not a joke people, get serious. I wouldn't doubt if something serious does happen, that a U.S. draft would open up. I'm almost at the cutoff age, I don't want to lose my wife and daughter.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

The unfortunate thing is, all it takes is one slip-up from any of the sides at this point, to rev the war machine up. Its clear that the NK "leadership" is playing with a half discarded deck. I do hope I am wrong. But any way I look at this, something isn't right somewhere.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

I think everyone agrees with your feelings and these are real lives at stake.

Things did get side tracked, but everyone was / is on edge. I saw nothing suggesting that anyone did not understand the potential of this situation.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nocents

I did see some people laughing about the situation, saying that nothing will happen. I don't know, this event seems different than the previous crap the N. pulled off. They purposely fired on the town - isn't that enough to see that the N. may not be bluffing?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Gawd, there are some reaaaally ignorant people on Twitter:

Wtf why is south korea and north korea going at it ant dey tha same country ? Haa dumb chinos !

Really? There are a lot of people that should take some world history courses at a community college...

/facepalm

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33

Wtf why is south korea and north korea going at it ant dey tha same country ? Haa dumb chinos !

Really? There are a lot of people that should take some world history courses at a community college...

/facepalm

They wouldn't even be able to find the front door!!!

Sad but true.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I have to say, this ongoing incident is very serious and I think there are people on this thread not taking it seriously. If N. Korea decides to launch an offensive during the war games - I am pretty certain that SK/U.S. will lose a lot of lives, even more so on the north. I really don't think NK is bluffing on this one, like they have done so in the past and I think people are falling for it.

This is not a joke people, get serious. I wouldn't doubt if something serious does happen, that a U.S. draft would open up. I'm almost at the cutoff age, I don't want to lose my wife and daughter.

If they were to start the draft back up I hope people take to the streets and start burning down Washington.

It's bad enough that people who are patriotic and enlist of their own free will are being killed for a worthless war in the middle east, but if they start forcing people into service to suit their whims I would hope a revolution would start.

I lived through the draft of the 60's and 70's and it is no fun worrying about being made into a war slave for some suit in Washington.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Scarecrow

Problem with burning down Washington is that, that would signal other countries to join in on front and possibly take over the states.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

/facepalm

Who do you tink the government relies on to vote for their candidates? These people say this and then go vote....mad times we live in!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Seeing this popping up on Twitter a lot now:

South Korea defence ministry advises journalists to leave island of Yeonpyeong as "situation is bad"

Hmmm...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I'll have news streaming on my computer from rt.com all night. If anything happens I'm sure they will report it.

www.rt.com...

RT.com 24/7 streaming news broadcast

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
You know this next generation of people somehow think a draft cannot ever happen again.They just do not get it or understand how this stuff works at all.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Jobeycool

That's very true. I would not resist the draft, if it does get that bad enough for a draft to be opened - I think it will be a matter of life or death for the states. My family is what is important to me, if SK/U.S. require my boots on their soil in order for the survival of our countries... I would do it.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

Im with you brother...
No 2nd line needed
edit on 28-11-2010 by Plan2exist18 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join