It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 96
<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
China works to ease North-South Korea tension

From the Link:

China works to ease North-South Korea tension

China's Foreign Ministry has begun working to ease tensions on the Korean peninsula, holding a series of talks with Washington, Seoul and Pyongyang.

Officials said their priority was to avoid a recurrence of Tuesday's violence, which saw North Korea fire artillery shells at a southern island.

The South responded with its own fire, and announced joint military exercises with US forces would begin on Sunday.

Pyongyang said the drills were pushing the region to "the brink of war".

The US and other powers have repeatedly urged Beijing - Pyongyang's only ally - to use its influence to defuse the crisis.

On Friday, China's Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi met the North's ambassador in person, and spoke on the phone to his US and South Korean counterparts, according to a statement carried by the state-run Xinhua news agency.

"The top priority now is to keep the situation under control and to ensure such events do not happen again," the statement said.

Few details of the conversations were released, and the US state department has not yet commented.

More

The substance and results of these talks will probably be key to what happens next.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by notsoperfect
reply to post by BobAthome

No one in the region want wars including North Korea.

Hmmm, you might want to review your current position. Familiarize yourself with the rhetoric emerging from the Stalinist state, over the past two years. Not exactly the manifesto of a peace loving pacifist

Great observation.

The "North Koreans" may not want war but the North Korean Government seems to be pushing for some sort of conflict/--> possible conflagration
edit on 26-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I totally disagree. If they want war, why don't they just march down to Seoul, Snip? Why do they need any excuse?

Mod Note Please Review - Courtesy Is Mandatory
edit on 26/11/2010 by Sauron because: edit name calling

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lafaso870
It seems that N.k. is making trouble again ,i am just confused about their aim for this.

It's SK making trouble, not NK.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

reply to post by infinite

Go f*ck youself. You are an evil wanting war in the far east. You better go to hell. No one gains in the war.

Actually their were a number of countries AFTER ww2 who did gain quite a bit.

link   
reply to post by Regensturm

I applaud that China is involved in defusing the tension. The incident will be subsided and peace will prevail.

The details of the talk is obvious. NK protests the reckless war exercises by the SK and US too close from their border and China tells SK and the US to refrain from doing it becasue the Yellow Sea is also a part of their territory.

What else will be there?

link   

I totally disagree. If they want war, why don't they just march down to Seoul, Moron? Why do they need any excuse?

How far back does your knowledge of the issue go?
The North wants the South to attack that way they can justify any and all actions. They have been the one provoking the situation ever since they invaded the South back in 1950s. Now they have nuclear weapons and want to blackmail and bully the South.

The South on the other hand has demonstrated restraint and maturity in all of this but that has been perceived as weakness on their part. Let's be real here.

Who has been the ones spouting off for decades and threatening WAR?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

snip Tell me who gained from the World War II. I hope your grand father was not killed in the battle in Europe in 1945, if not, you are mocking the families who have relatives killed in the World War II.

edit on 26/11/2010 by Sauron because: removed personal insults

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

You are sick and need a mental examination. Tell me who gained from the World War II. I hope your grand father was not killed in the battle in Europe in 1945, if not, you are mocking the families who have relatives killed in the World War II.

And contrary to internet pop culture WWII wasn't just fought in Europe.

It was a WORLD WAR....

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

So, you think NK is made up of a bunch of stupid morons making nuclear bombs. What would be left after the nuclear war against SK and the US?

Nothing!
snip

[Mod Edit - Removed Personal Insult]

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

I would bet most of the world would stand by, though Pakistan is definitely a wild card. The conflict between Pakistan and India could easily flare up in the middle of it. It wouldn't make the war into a world war though. It would be regional mess if India or Pakistan nuked each other though.

Basically, it's a lose lose situation because what's the endgame? The US will not let the North invade and occupy the South, and China will not let the South and the US to invade and occupy the North, or usher in a "pro-west" regime change.

This is an astute observation and realistically youre right. I don't think any side really wants any major conflict in the region.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by notsoperfect

Notsoperfect, you need to take a few Chill pills, you've come on here and called three people names & all the while just gave your opinion with no evidence to what your saying, Chill out, your opinion is not the be all and end all & unfortunalty on the grand scale of things your opinion matters very little.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Snip The issue was not about if the WWII was in Europe only or anywhere else. The issue was about who gained from it.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthPhobos

Don't pretend you are better than anyone else. I'm seeing the evil war mongers in the minds of the bunch of the posters here. You can see through it. It boils my blood. If it doesn't boil yours, you have a problem.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I allways like they way you keep your cool while being attack by children stamping their feet and calling you names. Its folks like you I hope to be side by side with when battle calls.
Star for yousa
edit on 26-11-2010 by Grayelf2009 because: Im a terrible speller and writer

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Noone thinks they are better than anyone, you have joined a thread thats been going for a good few days & i have yet to see anyone claim they want war, infact most posts end with "I Hope it doesnt end in war". people are mearly stating the facts on whats happening & backing it up with links to source's. I dont want to get drawn into your petty name calling, I was just saying you need to chill, the last page & a half has been you aiming abuse at people, thats not needed

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

You need to calm down and look at the facts, no-one is warmongering, merely pointing out facts and citing them with sources.

As to who gained from WW1-2? So many lives needlessly lost but in terms of gains for individual countries, have a look here:

www.historylearningsite.co.uk...

See how much land was gained by the allies in the aftermath of the terrible events. Sure, it it no way comes close to making up for the millions of dead, but in the cold hard light of day, the countries in general did gain something.

Oh and btw, people tend to be less inclined to take your point of view seriously if you are unable to make it without cursing and casting slurs at them.
edit on 26/11/10 by Morgil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

You need to calm down sunshine before you get a warning and a points dedution, your attacking the wrong people, they are just voicing their opinions, for example, slayer69 brings some good arguments to the discussions and you called him a moron? Lay off the hooch, calm down and re-evaluate your argument, ATS is not for trolls or name calling, its for debate and discussion.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

You need to calm down and look at the facts, no-one is warmongering, merely pointing out facts and citing them with sources.
reply to post by Morgil

So in your mind War is good. Is that what you are saying? War is still good even if you have to sign up for the draft for the very war?

This is not a video game you are talking about. Imagine your own life is in line as well as that of the millions of other lives.

The point is very simple.

NK did not attack SK first for no reason. And SK did not even deny it.

What else information do you need to have an informative opinion?

new topics

top topics

<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join